Default About Drax vs. Thanos in Annihilation and Thor vs. everyone in Civil War...

On a different tangent altogether, as has been previously mentioned regarding Thor, I will rant a little. I find it interesting that people think it's INSANE for Drax to kill Thanos w/ anti-thanos powers that flared up in the presence of the man, and yet think it's acceptable to believe Thor can manhandle the whole MU by himself, when he's never even been able to beat the Hulk, let alone everyone else. If anything, Drax killing Thanos makes more sense than Thor killing everyone (as he just about almost DID in Civil War #4; if Sue Richards' invisible forcefield hadn't stopped Clor's lightning attack, there would BE no anti side right now). I know one thing isn't necessarily related to another, but I think as fans, we should be more consistent in the things we accept as fact. If we're suddenly willing to accept Thor/Clor can do what Civil War says he can, then we should also be willing to accept that Drax, who was empowered by an Elder god stronger than Thor (Kronos), is at least able to kill Thanos; he was created for that purpose, after all.
    Peace.

Er.. not for nothing, Thor's beaten the Hulk and all kinds of people, and Clor really only killed Bill Foster, people were getting up and moving around after his mjolnir hits, Hercules got right up and smushed Iron Man after his lightning blast... the comparison you're trying to make really doesn't exist in terms of anything that's actually happened. Hercules would certainly still be around. He's been zapped by Thor's lightning multiple times in the past and come back each time.

But really.. Thor's beaten lots of guys. Also, ranting about "the whole MU"? Everyone on the anti reg side at that fight are people who would basically be gnats to Thor, outside of Hercules, and he demonstrated being able to take a licking from the lightning, and keep on ticking. You're wildly exaggerating what happened in Civil War 4, which was Clone Thor vs a bunch of really low power people+Hercules.

I mean, I accept the reasoning for the Drax/Thanos thing, but the way you're trying to chip at the dislikes of others and trying to call them all hypocrites.. nothing you're talking about happened.

So, yeah, way to try and paint people out as having some double standard you don't like, off of nothing that actually exists.

So what you're saying is that, with the exclusion of Hercules, everyone else who was to be killed by Clor's lightning before the Invisible Woman's lightning saved them (i.e. Cloak and Dagger, Captain America, Falcon, etc...), would have been plausible and acceptable war victims, in your eyes...Hmmm...interesting. Also, when has Thor beaten the Hulk? Hulk #300? No. Also, re-read my original post. I NEVER called ANYONE a hypocrite. I said I found certain things INTERESTING regarding the situation; no judgement was passed beyond that, seriously. It was JUST an observation, not a judgement; unlike your own post, in which you assumed out of the blue I had an ulterior motive in posting an observation I SAID I found interesting. That's all.
    Peace.

If that's what you want to claim buddy, claim away. You're still not talking about anything that actually happened, in terms of how "interesting" anything is.

Thor beat the Hulk in the Hulk 2001 annual where they fought three times, first to no particular result, second Thor won, third the Hulk won. Both demonstrated being able to knock the other right out for extended periods.

So what you're saying is that, with the exclusion of Hercules, everyone else who was to be killed by Clor's lightning before the Invisible Woman's lightning saved them (i.e. Cloak and Dagger, Captain America, Falcon, etc...), would have been plausible and acceptable war victims, in your eyes...Hmmm...interesting.
    Are you actually saying that you'd find it implausible that Thor's lightning could kill people with no particular enhanced durability, or, outside of Cloak, powers beyond throwing energy at people? That's far more "interesting".

Has anyone ever actually said Thor can handle the /entire/ MU, or is that one more thing you're making up in order to exaggerate.. whatever it is you want to rant about?

*sigh* What I'm saying, as per my ORIGINAL post is that I find it interesting people could find the idea of Drax killing Thanos LESS plausible than Clor killing half of the MU by himself; I thought the assertion I made was pretty simple to understand (apparently, it wasn't). You came into the thread out of no where and threw your assumptions around, but I never said ANY of the things you seem to be thinking I did.
    Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltho08
    On a different tangent altogether, as has been previously mentioned regarding Thor, I will rant a little. I find it interesting that people think it's INSANE for Drax to kill Thanos w/ anti-thanos powers that flared up in the presence of the man, and yet think it's acceptable to believe Thor can manhandle the whole MU by himself, when he's never even been able to beat the Hulk, let alone everyone else. If anything, Drax killing Thanos makes more sense than Thor killing everyone (as he just about almost DID in Civil War #4; if Sue Richards' invisible forcefield hadn't stopped Clor's lightning attack, there would BE no anti side right now). I know one thing isn't necessarily related to another, but I think as fans, we should be more consistent in the things we accept as fact. If we're suddenly willing to accept Thor/Clor can do what Civil War says he can, then we should also be willing to accept that Drax, who was empowered by an Elder god stronger than Thor (Kronos), is at least able to kill Thanos; he was created for that purpose, after all.
    Peace.
    I don't think anyone actually believes Thor can handle the entire Marvel Universe by herself.

If we're talking about Civil War 4, I do find it believable that Thor could kill most of the people we saw there. Falcon, Daredevil, Dagger, Patriot, Captain America... most of these guys are pretty street level.

Cable and Hercules are the only 2 people close to Thor's league on Caps team at that time.

When has anyone actually ever said this idea that they find Drax killing Thanos less plausible than Thor killing half the MU, Clone Thor certainly having fought a tiny handful of such, and most of them basically street level people not particularly that powerful.

More directly:

I find it interesting that people think it's INSANE for Drax to kill Thanos w/ anti-thanos powers that flared up in the presence of the man, and yet think it's acceptable to believe Thor can manhandle the whole MU by himself
    Who thinks this? Where are you getting this from? Who has said any of it?

You talk about "people". Who are these people?

Seriously, it HAS been claimed around the net; the idea of Drax killing Thanos not making sense, yet the idea of Clor killing half the MU being plausible. I don't know the exact threads off hand, but it's been posted. I see what you and Xpac meant now; you are correct that in that in the particular instance I mentioned, Clor COULD kill the street level heroes involved; what I was trying to make observation about (again, not a judgement), is that overall, around a few boards I've seen (newsarama.com, wizarduniverse.com, comicresourses,com), the general idea seems to be that one could happen and the other could not. I don't really see the difference, as the decision of what happens in a comic usually depends on the comics' creator. Does that make sense? Bleh. I dunno. But, I can tell you this with a definite statement: I WASN'T making a claim regarding the hypocrisy of ANYONE, at any point.
    Peace.

"it has been claimed around the net".. where? Where is this claim that Thor can take the MU and that such is more plausible that what Drax did?

Can you at least link to a thread or something?

Again, who are these people? People who need people? Are they the luckiest people in the world?

Dude, I apologize. When I made this thread, I was unaware that I would be under the scrutiny of the District Attorney. I was making general statements that I assumed anyone who had been to random threads around the net would be able to relate to; apparently I was wrong. Please pretend I made no comment; I don't actually care enough to argue this any further, considering it's pretty easy for anyone to check other random boards and make an observation regarding the nature of current comic events themselves.
    Peace.

My sister's cousin's brother once told me that lots of people go around posting rant threads where they make everything up in them on dares sent to them by the church of Scientology on message boards over the internet. I asked around if that was true, and people totally backed me up that I should be able to make a general statement saying that people have, and they could totally relate to it. It's after all pretty easy to check these boards themselves to confirm it.