Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ult. Fantastic Four #36 [spoilers]

I haven't seen anyone start a discussion about UFF #36, so here I go ...

> Carey & Ferry's work continues to show the effulgence of a synergistic gestalt, and Ferry's art is totally outstanding!

> Tesseract is the "reality-dancer" who "fights on all levels of reality at once"; i.e., I firmly believe he's the Ultimate Mr. Miracle and Seed Unit 19 are his kinfolk.

> The interactions between the Thing and Dreamcatcher were enjoyable; in fact, Dreamcatcher is my favorite Seed Unit 19 member--and she's a cute know-it-all--unless Carey devotes some more attention to Vykni.

> It's suggested that more seed-soldiers will be introduced--in an attempt to prevent Thanos from speaking with his "greatest ally"--, and this ought to be another opportunity for Ferry to design even more cool characters.

> Last but not least, I want a Seed Unit ongoing!

What're your thoughts?

carey has at least won me over...

i am still so-so on ferry, though this issue was overall pretty good, i think i need to just get more accustomed to it...

the way they've handled thanos is awesome, though i still agree who said in last topic about him not having all black eyes, i think it makes him look more menacing...

overall though, i still love this book and hope it can keep up this quality until the ultimate universe ends and they relace the 616 FF with it...

Avatar of Khonshu ultimatespyder20's Avatar

Haven't got the issue yet, hopfully it comes in the mail soon. Looking forward to it.

Alec

I didn't like Ferry's art at all when this arc started, but I've been gradually warming up to it. He totally won me over with this issue. It's really amazing stuff. I don't know if that's just because of the subject matter, with the aliens and all, but it looks awesome.

Arrow

I'm really digging Ferry's art. Anyone else notice the subtle changes to the F4 costumes he's added? I like the extra designs around the shoulders.

God, I love this book so much. It's probably my favourite Marvel title at the moment, which I wouldn't have expected before this arc. Every element just works really well for me.

I absolutely loooooove Ferry. He was weak on the UFF/UX mini but this is just oustanding.

And Mike Carey is fabulous. How does he do it?! I love this guy.

In a constant state of being Forgiven and Loved.

Quote Originally Posted by garin
    ...which I wouldn't have expected before this arc.
    I only planned on picking up only the Fearful arc, but for some reason, my LCS accidently gave me part II of this arc (skipping part I, and I didn't notice until I got home that day). So I picked up the first issue just to read it in order...

...now, I just want more Carey + Ferry + Seed Units + Thanos!
    I've got a great idea. How about we keep blaming the other party. Yeah. That's healthy.

By far one of my favorite series so far.

It's sad how little attention it seems to be getting. Did everyone jump off with Millar/Land?

It's sad how little attention it seems to be getting. Did everyone jump off with Millar/Land?
    Nope. I just only get the book in HC. So I'm quite a bit behind. :D
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

I am buying this book because of Pasqual's art.....beyond that I am just confused.

Got this latest iss waiting in my bedroom for tonight's read....I expect to be further baffled by all this weirdness.

I know! This book really captures a sense of wonder and fun that is SORELY lacking nowadays. Grim-Gritty-"Realistic/Modern" has been done to freaking death.

In my case I jumped off during Millar/Land. The story was good, but I'm just not a fan of Land's realistic style of rendering. This arc with Ferry is much better to sit through IMO. Ferry's art is amazing.

This issue didn't go over as well with me as the other issues of this arc. I just had to be in a really thinking mood to understand it and that made it less fun. Still, Carey and Ferry are doing a great job.