Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default All-Star Superman delayed till Jan

Just saw it on the DC site and I don't think it's been posted here.

So this bimonthly comic is now every 5 months.

I'm dropping it and waiting for trades, enough is enough.

On the other hand I've stopped waiting for Justice trades and will be getting the (bi) monthlies. Now that's a @#$%ing all star comic, and it ships on-time.

Veteran Member

please, this is just a futile attempt to lose the shipping date race with ASBR.

not gonna happen, just give up grant.

More Donald than Charlie stealthwise's Avatar

*****, but I can wait. I'm pretty sick of delays, but this series is just too good, and I'm committed for the long run. It's pretty disgusting how about half of the big event books end up getting delayed for some reason or another though.
    - Art is whatever makes you feel human.

- "You are what you love, not what loves you." - Donald Kaufman

- "Deserve's got nothing to do with it." - William Munny

- "Acquiescence. It's not so hard, really. You. Just. Give. In." - Col. Ives

Quote Originally Posted by mattx110
    please, this is just a futile attempt to lose the shipping date race with ASBR.

not gonna happen, just give up grant.

hahaha

I'm not sure how this delay will affect me. I've never been a big Superman fan, and while I'm not as big on ASSM as most, I still enjoy it. However, with Cooke and Sale working on SUPERMAN CONFIDENTIAL I may just drop ASSM.
    Big belly, still take my shirt off like Nelly.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthwise
    *****, but I can wait. I'm pretty sick of delays, but this series is just too good, and I'm committed for the long run. It's pretty disgusting how about half of the big event books end up getting delayed for some reason or another though.
    With respect to you Steath that the excat mentality that allows for many comics to run late these days as meeting deadlines are a thing of the past.

No big deal. Obviously I want to read it every month, but that ain't gonna happen. I don't mind waiting for one of the best books on the market.

The fact that all the issues so far have been fairly self-contained has helped: We're not waiting for "to be continued...", so it doesn't even feel like I'm waiting much. Every issue just seems like a totally awesome bonus: Hey, All-Star is out!

If this book wasn't so freaking great, I might be a little upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Day
    No big deal. Obviously I want to read it every month, but that ain't gonna happen. I don't mind waiting for one of the best books on the market.

The fact that all the issues so far have been fairly self-contained has helped: We're not waiting for "to be continued...", so it doesn't even feel like I'm waiting much. Every issue just seems like a totally awesome bonus: Hey, All-Star is out!
    I totally agree with you on this. It's not like Civil War, where if it's late it affects every other book Marvel releases, and it's not like 90% of the other books on the market which are made to fit perfectly in a 4-6 issue TPB. Every issue can easily stand alone, and I have the exact same reaction as you when I see it on the shelves.

Agreed.

The thing is, after the debacle with Grant's New X-men fill in artists, I had resigned to waiting however long it took to get these issues done. It's just that important for Quietly to do it, and I don't care how long it takes. So I'm neither surprised nor disapointed. This book is operating on totally different rules than the rest of the month to month daily grind books.

Lenient Tyrant/Moderator Brian Cronin's Avatar

Yeah, we all knew going in that Quietly was not going to be able to get this done on schedule, we were all just willing to wait because it is one of, if not THE, best superhero comic book on the market.

If anything, blame DC for trying to claim this would come out on time when they knew it wouldn't.

-Brian
    Comics Should Be Good, which features Comic Book Legends Revealed!... check them out!

Also, be sure to check out my web site, Urban Legends Revealed!, for urban legends about Sports, TV, Movies, Music and more!

And while we're at it, please buy my new book, Why Does Batman Carry Shark Repellent? And while you're at that, please buy my first book, Was Superman a Spy? and Other Comic Book Legends Revealed!

It has been pretty consistently bi-monthly so far - the first issue came out just about a year ago, so #6 is the first one to be seriously late. That's not bad.

Arrow

It has been pretty consistently bi-monthly so far - the first issue came out just about a year ago, so #6 is the first one to be seriously late. That's not bad.
    I was thinking the same thing. I don't see the problem.

Quietly art every few months > Any other artist each month

I'll gladly wait.

Master of Funk! Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

If it makes for a better Superman comic, I'll wait an extra month or two.

Same goes for Green Lantern, The Ultimates or any of the other consistently quality comcs out there that are consistently late but, when they come out, always deliver the goods.

However, ridiculously late comics like Ultimate Wolverine vs. The Hulk and Planetary are a whole other story. When a book comes out so much later you lose all enthusiasm for the story, you've done screwed up.

On a throne atop a mountain of lesser men.

I don't mind a long wait for some exceptional art and a great story, which is why waiting for All-Star Superman, Justice, and Green Lantern isn't all that hard, because the writing's good and the art is fantastic.

Waiting for crap like All-Star Batman & Robin and Wildcats (which will probably have a great story, definitely, but unnecessarily delayed art) isn't worth it, though.
    Go !@#$ yourself.

The All-Star line is dead. Long live the Confidentials...