Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Work

Default OT: Work

I find that work is much more difficult when one gets no sleep before coming in.

What's up with yer daily grind? Feel free to complain about your situation or taunt others with your cake-walk gig.

I'm somewhat hard up for something to do at the moment, which may get some jeers from the crowd, but this kind of inactivity is its own brand of torture. Especially with no sleep.

Is it against the rules to start a thread out of boredom? I don't think so.

Please! Keep me awake.

Incubating In Manure ChrisTheHomunculus's Avatar

I'm at University, Film Studies and Sociology, and I work in a cinema.
    Its just too easy to sit around, read comics or customise action figures than it is to settle down and do some work.
    I can see the deadlines approaching on the horizon and I still do nothing about it. It may be more to do with the girls in my life than anything else at the minute...

In fact, I had a dream the other night.
    I was riding round my town on a bicycle with 2 unidentified passengers. (bear with me)
    I finally stopped, the passengers got off, then I realised that I'd been carrying a bookcase full of books around. Which promptly collapsed at the end of the dream.

Anyone interested in my far out analysation of this? Or anyone care to have a go? Heh.

Senior Member The Mirrorball Man's Avatar

I wake up at 2am, get at work at 3, I write until 6 o'clock. From 6 to 9 I'm on the air. From 9 till 2pm I'm preparing the next show. I don't work on the afternoon, except on monday and wednesday, when I'm preparing and recording two weekly radio shows.

I'd say it's fairly unusual.
    Check out my deviantART gallery!

I'm a soda jerk for forty hours a week, a full time ice cream scooper. I wear a white shirt, black slacks, a black apron, a black bowtie, and, at times, a paper hat. The 85-year-old who comes in every morning to make our homemade candy and ice cream says that when he dies, I get to run the store. I'm 22, a college drop-out.

Here's Aaron at work -- he's the one on the right:

:)

I wanna be the nighthawk with the girl!

I wake up most days at 10:20ish and then I take a shower, have a bowl of cereal, cruise some forums, maybe do some homework, then by about 10:45 I realize I had class at 10:30 and that I suck at going to class.

Yes, more...more...I can feel my eyelids growing lighter and I'm beginning to get my second wind.

Where are all the "Work Sux" people?

Normally I wake up with sun in my eyes and a banging that starts at my office door, picks up a few of its closest friends, and then decides to have a party in my skull. In an almost holy event, a cigarette is somehow between my lips. I decided not to look a gift miracle in the mouth, just in case the man upstairs is petty, and decided to light up. Walking to the door reminds me that I fell asleep in my chair last night. It's much too early for a beer, so I take a shot of the rot gut sitting on the desk before opening the door.

Oh wait....

That's someone else entirely.
    I wake up at 7:30, and am at work just before 8:00 having my first cup of coffee.

Default Free!

Home again, home again jiggity jog! Another day, another international dollar. Thanks for your entertaining stories about werk, werk related annoyances and famous pictures of coffee shops wherein, apparently, you werk. I think tomorrow I'll try to tie this somehow into Hellboy and comics in general (in my delerium I forgot to do that). I bet that drawing comics is much more fun than my job, which, although it can sound kind of sexy, is really kind of boring. Gotta get out there with the old resume and hit the pavem

...snore...

Up at 6 AM, coffee and internet with you guys ;) , then off to the grind of a retail grocery for nine and a half hours or more..then home, dinner...play some guitar or drums, snog down a few brews, then pass out to do it all over again the next day.

Occasionally a band gig from 10 PM - 2 AM on top of that...getting too old to keep that pace too often !
    ;)

Yes, i'm a working normal shlub..
    Wake at 5:30, SSS, then feed cat and turn on computer, muck around on there until about 7:15am, then down the road to the bus
    Hour on bus, at work at 830am
    Typical day is people pester me for 8 hours, but mondays are busy, as i tend to have to work at least a day behind, and on mondays i'm 3 days behind.
    People seem to think i have all the answers for them, including things outside of my departrment..i'm a money cruncher, not a towel folder as we discovered during Hurricane Juan
    Anyhow, bus home, arrive around 6pm, make supper for myself and daughter, await wife, watch my stories (24, Heroes, My Name is Earl, simpsons, whatever is on depends on the day), maybe play some City of Heroes or read an old comic trade, then bed by 10 or 11...yup, Monday to Friday in the 9 to 5 world ain't no Dolly Parton song..

Boring eh?
    "Flight com, I can't hold it..she's breaking up, she's break...." - Colonel Steve Austin

My industry crashed six months ago, and I've been out of work that long. But any day I will have a new one, I know it :)

I am in the 9-5 grind, too.

I'm usually at work around 8:30 or 9. I then send art proofs to people, then orders to factories, check the news, Hellboy forums, poke around on ebay some...etc.

Then I go and pick up my son and we hang out til my wife gets home.

Then we usually watch a movie or something.

Daily schedule is up at 6:15, log-on and check out e-mails and Hellboy.com. Catch the local news and weather, feed the dog and cats and make coffee. By 7:00 coffee is done, fiance gets the coffee and I get the shower. Stroll into the office around 8:00, deal with any firestorms that need to be put out, design some award winning graphics, brochures, catalogs, packaging and national ads. Head home around 5:00, chill out for an hour, start supper and eat around 7:00. Catch some TV or a movie, try to jam some drawing in down in my office and pass out with a book in hand around 11:30...so exciting. Almost as much fun as when I was freelancing in the comic field, drawing and lettering pages in the same clothes all week. No one saw me and I didn't care. Cats looked at me slighly but they're only cats.

Mk
    Also, I can kill you with my brain.
    River Tamm

Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

www.masztal.com
    www.dogboy443.blogspot.com