Default Shopping List: 11/15/06

I can't wait to get to the store on Wednesday!

DC COMICS
    52 WEEK #28 $2.50
    - I sure hope something big happens soon.
    BIRDS OF PREY #100 (NOTE PRICE) $3.99 - Looking forward to
    CATWOMAN #61 $2.99 - Good reading!
    GREEN LANTERN CORPS #6 $2.99 - Maybe, this book is on the chopping block now...

IMAGE COMICS
    INVINCIBLE #36 (RES) $2.99
    - First book I read this week.

MARVEL COMICS
    ASTONISHING X-MEN #18 $2.99
    - Still the best X-men book.
    CIVIL WAR #5 (OF 7) $2.99 - Ooops, this may be #1 read this week.
    MS MARVEL #9 $2.99 - Mike Wieringo art!!
    NEW AVENGERS #25 CW $2.99 - Jim Cheung + Iron Man = Wahoo!
    UNION JACK #3 (OF 4) $2.99 - Another great mini-series from Marvel.

ONI PRESS
    LEADING MAN #4 (OF 5) (MR) $3.50
    - Just read #3 last week.

Trip

DC

100 Bullets #78
    52 #28
    Absolute New Frontier
    Batman: L.O.T.D.K #212
    Deadman #4
    Hellblazer #226
    OMAC #5

Invincible #36

Marvel

Astonishing X-Men #18
    Blade #3
    Cable & Deadpool #34
    Civil War #5
    Daredevil: Father #6
    Ghost Rider #5
    Iron Man #13
    1602: Fantastik Four #3
    Moon Knight #6
    New Avengers #25
    Squadron Supreme #7
    Thunderbolts #108
    Ultimate Fantastic Four #36
    What If... The Other

Wouldn't be a big week if it wasn't for New Frontier, but as it has come out it doubles this weeks total bill. Worth every penny though.

Default Big Week!!!

PATH OF THE ASSASSIN VOL 3 TP - I'm letting these vol's stack up.

ASTRO CITY THE DARK AGE BOOK TWO #1 - NICE!

GIRLS VOL 3 SURVIVAL TP - This should be awesome!

ASTONISHING X-MEN #18 - Neato.
    BLADE #3 - It's ok... I may drop...
    CABLE DEADPOOL #34 - I may backorder some tpb's
    CIVIL WAR #5 - YES!!!
    DAREDEVIL FATHER #6 - HOLY SHIPMENT BATMAN!!!
    FURY PEACEMAKER TP - Cool.
    IRON MAN #13 - This should be good...
    MOON KNIGHT #6 - Time for MK to kick a$$!
    MS MARVEL #9 - Lovin' this title!
    NEW AVENGERS #25 - Who's in this one?
    SQUADRON SUPREME VOL 1 PREWAR YEARS PREMIERE HC - Still need my Nighthawk tpb!!! ggrrr.....
    THUNDERBOLTS #108 - Sweet!
    ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #36 - This is a really good arc...
    UNION JACK #3 - One of the best mini's I've read in a while.

Trades:

100 BULLETS #78 - Decayed is comin' soon.
    SHADOWPACT #7 - On the new DC solicits!
    BOMB QUEEN VOL 2 #2 - Must... wait...
    GIRLS #19 - Ending w/ 24 anyhow.
    INVINCIBLE #36 - Can't come out fast enough!
    GHOST RIDER #5 - HC in this month's Previews!
    SQUADRON SUPREME #7 - See above...
    WHAT IF SPIDER-MAN THE OTHER - There'll be a tpb.
    WHITE TIGER #1 - I want to buy the issues, but I'll wait.
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

Quote Originally Posted by pmpknface
    [B]
    UNION JACK #3 - One of the best mini's I've read in a while.
    I've been real impressed with the mini-series that I've read from Marvel over the past couple of years. Gravity, Daughters of Dragon, Beyond! and Union Jack have all been solid, fun reads that required little or no knowledge of continuity. This is in stark contrast to all of the DC mini-series that I tried (all IC related unfortunately) that left a bad taste in my mouth when it felt like the stories weren't completed by the time I got to the last issue.

Another mini I'm liking right now is Dr. Strange: The Oath. I read # 2 of that last night and it was very cool. Not too sure about this villian, but we haven't gotten much info on him yet...

Also good: I've totally been into the Annihilation stuff as well, which are loosley related mini's. And Agents of Atlas may be the suprise hit of the year.
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

Quote Originally Posted by pmpknface
    Another mini I'm liking right now is Dr. Strange: The Oath. I read # 2 of that last night and it was very cool. Not too sure about this villian, but we haven't gotten much info on him yet...

Also good: I've totally been into the Annihilation stuff as well, which are loosley related mini's. And Agents of Atlas may be the suprise hit of the year.
    Dr. Strange as a character doesn't interest me at all - even with BKV at the helm. I read Annihilation: Nova mini-series and it was fine, the main mini-series just became a victim of cost cutting. I am kind of kicking myself for not picking up the Agents of Atlas book - if we're looking for books with covers that draw your eyes to the shelf, this is a good example. I may look for the completed mini on eBay later on.

Another small week for me, but with the new Heroclix set coming out, I can afford to buy a few packs.

DC/Vertigo/Wildstorm:
    52 Week 28:
    Another good issue last week, focusing on probably the strongest two storylines, Ralph Dibny and Question/Montoya. It seems like the buzz has died on this book, but it's producing good reading week in and week out.
    Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis #45: I'm going to keep buying this till Busiek and Guice leave, but I'm done after that. I've been buying this purely for the creators, and it has delivered, but I don't think it will be as good without those two.
    Astro City: The Dark Age, Book 2 #1: Longest indencia of the week! Can't wait. Need to go back and reread Book 1, and I still have a stack of old Astro City issues I bought at WW Chicago. Great book, will certainly be in the top 3 of books this week.
    Checkmate #8: Was able to catch up on the series, and it's much better than the first issue let on. Really good superhero spy stuff.
    Testament #12: I wonder how long this series will run for. I still enjoy it and I hope Liam Sharpe is back on art this issue.

Go back and buy:
    Jonah Hex #13: Okay Augie, you sold me. I bought the first buch of issues, I think through issue 6 and dropped the book. I give this issue a try and see if they get me for the rest of the story.

Marvel:
    Cival War #5:
    It doesn't seem like that long since the last issue came out, although I guess it was all of October, so I guess time flies when you got a lot to read. Time to go back and reread the previous ones, but this will probably be first on the stack to read.
    Ghost Rider #5: I realize that this series will probably only last till April/May after the movie bombs, but it's been pretty decent, with issue 4 stading out and giving the whole book a great mission statement and lots of good action. Hopefully it'll last longer, because the writing is good, and the art is fantastic. marvel sure is putting out a lot of Ghost Rider product right now. Can't wait for the new painted series from the February solicits.
    Moon Knight #6: Seems to be a love it or hate it book. I'm in the love it list. Another series to go back and read previous issues.