Default Sandman Mystery Theater. Trades news?

Hello,

I've recently purchased the four volumes currently avalible of SMT, and really enjoyed them. I was wondering if DC had any plans to collect any more of the series, as I'd purchase them in a heartbeat.

I really have no wish to try and hunt down single issues, I've stopped buying monthlies all together to save space and money. If anyone has any information, I'd be most grateful.

Yes; vol. 5 is going to be out April 2007. Issues 21-28, two arcs: "Dr. Death" and "Night of the Butcher".

The story arcs after that:

The Hourman
    The Python*
    The Mist
    The Phantom of the Fair
    The Blackhawk*
    Return of the Scarlet Ghost
    The Crone
    The Cannon*
    The City
    The Goblin
    The Hero (2-parter)

(* for the arcs with guest artists)

There was also one annual and the "Sandman Midnight Theatre" one-shot cross-over with Gaiman's Sandman.

And next year the title's being revived with a 5 issue mini-series.

A Vertigo classic returns with a vengeance! The fertile mind of writer John Ney Rieber (BOOKS OF MAGIC, Captain America) and the dynamic pen of artist Eric Nguyen (Strange Girl) have created a Sandman tale that both honors the classic character and will stand as a classic in its own right.

A new age of terror demands a new Sandman to quell its nightmares. This disturbing new miniseries follows the final days of Wesley Dodds and his lifelong love Dian Belmont as they encounter a harrowing fate while traveling in Afghanistan circa 1997. Ten years later, with American troops on the ground in that country, wartime photojournalist Kieran Marshall is forced to take on the mantle of Wesley's former alter-ego, the terrifying crimefighter known as The Sandman.

A dark and relevant tale that will appeal to new readers as well as fans of the classic Vertigo series, SLEEP OF REASON questions what it means to be human when confronted with evil. Marshall is a man in search of a career-making interview with master-terrorist Masad. When he confronts Masad face-to-face, he learns to his horror that this terrorist can teach him more about himself than he ever wanted to know. Becoming the new Sandman will be the only way Kieran can save his own life but, possibly, at the cost of his humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Dodds
    Yes; vol. 5 is going to be out April 2007. Issues 21-28, two arcs: "Dr. Death" and "Night of the Butcher".
    That's good to see. I've been a bit less inclined to buy the four issue TPBs they've been doing

agreed. I've bought them all so far but I would definitely prefer they double up on the shorter ones like they dide with The Face and The Brute.

Also if you dig SMT and you havent yet you should check out the Batman and the Monster Men tpb which has a very similar feel
    talk hard

Smoke'em If You Got'em Mr. Palmer's Avatar

Also, have to mention that there's a new mini starting up next month...

i''m really looking forward to the new mini-series coming up! it will of course be a trade eventually, but i'm more of a single issue guy. gives me a reason to check out comic stores that aren't in my town and something to look for.

i think sandman will be part of the new jsa series so hopefully that will be decent because i don't spend enough of my money on comics already.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Dodds
    There was also one annual and the "Sandman Midnight Theatre" one-shot cross-over with Gaiman's Sandman.
    Sandman Midnight Theatre was reprinted in Neil Gaiman's Midnight Days. Along with a couple Swamp Thing tales and a Hellblazer issue with Dave McKean. Definitely worth checking out.

My friend turned me onto Mystery Theatre. After reading the first trade, I bought the other three all at once, and burned through them. Been searching for back issues at local shops.

Yesterday I found some. 1-3 of Dr. Death. 2-4 of Hourman. and All of the Blackhawk.

Been jonesin' for some more Guy Davis, so I bought both trades of the Nevermen.

Gotta love that Murderist.