I'm stealing this outright from the Community Forum's Quarterwolf. Anyway:
Hello and welcome everyone to the first annual
CBR MUSIC FORUM'S SECRET SANTA!!! The Community Forum's been doing this for four years now, and I think we should do it here; however, since this is the music forum, I think we should limit our gifts to music-oriented product, whether it's mixed compilations, CDs/albums bought from stores, original music any of us might have produced, or, maybe, books (on music).
If you'd like to participate say so in this thread and PM me before November 24th including:
- Screen Name
- Mailing Address
- A list of 5 or more things you'd like to receive as a gift(s) that cost no more than $20.00. Please remember it is up to your secret Santa to determine what you get and how much he/she spends. He/she could get you a bundle of music or just one item of reasonable price. The list you send is a guide line for your buyer. If your buyer chooses he or she can go off list and get you something they think you might like (or just burn a CD of his/her liking).
I'll draw participants' names from a hat and will send PMs to each participant with the poster for whom they are a Secret Santa and his/her (are there any ladies here?) mailing address.
Dates to remember:
- By November 24 -- Sign-up and e-mail information to me.
- By December 1 -- E-mails will go out to participants
- By December 24 -- Wrapped gifts should be delivered to recipients prior to Christmas Eve
- December 25 -- Open your gift! Take pictures! Post your gift info and your "Thank you’s” here.
- Please specify if you're unwilling to incur costs for international shipping.
- Shipping and wrapping costs should not be included in the $20.00 gift amount.
- Do make sure you include your User Name in a card or somewhere within the gift.
- Do not include your name on the shipping package, but be sure to include your return address! You may also wish to mark them CBR Secret Santa just to be safe.
- Do not open gifts until Christmas morning in your respective time zones! No cheaters.
- Make sure gifts are wrapped, even if shipping in a box...last year some people received packages not knowing they were gifts and opened them early.
So post here if you want to participate (so I know to look for your E-Mails) and be sure to mark all PMs as CBR Secret Santa so I know that they are for that. Include your address you will be at during the time you package will be sent and that you have your screen name and actual name in the PM you send me.