Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Member Ravenheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    505

    Default Doctor Strange vs. Dracula: The Montesi Formula

    Book Description
    It's the Sorcerer Supreme against the Emperor of the Undead! Dracula wants Earth to fall under the spell of the Darkhold, but Doctor Strange has joined Blade and the Nightstalkers in a quest to vanquish all vampires! See the origins of vampirism itself unveiled! Guest-starring the Scarlet Witch and Nextwave's Monica! Collects Tomb of Dracula #44 & Doctor Strange #14, 58-62.



    I picked up the TPB yesterday and just finished reading it.I knew I already had the Tomb of Dracula #44/Doctor Strange #14 crossover from years ago but as I was skimming through the TPB I realised that I also had the original issues of Doctor Strange #58-62 which was also reprinted.I hadn't read them since I originally got them so it was nice reading them again.Marvel's version of Dracula has always been one of my favorites.

    I'd love if they put out another Dracula TPB reprinting Dracula's other appearances in Marvel titles.I know he had a two part story in Thor and met the X-Men a couple times that I seem to remember as well as his kind of meeting with Spider-Man.Not sure if there were any others.
    Last edited by Ravenheart; 11-12-2006 at 12:45 PM.

  2. #2
    Whiz Kids Vs. Witchcraft! tangentman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    10,246

    Default

    Although this happened well before the incidents of the "Montesi Formula" arc, Dracula also made a cameo appearance in Ms. Marvel. I don't remember the issue #, but the artist was Carmine Infantino and the villain of the week was Steeplejack. In the story, Carol returns to Boston and pays a visit to her estranged father. A saboteur (Steeplejack) is targeting Joe Danvers' latest construction project.

    Carol begins investigating; while walking around Boston, a fog falls over the street. Carol hears footsteps following her, but can't see her stalker. She calls out a warning, then decides that flying off would be the better course of action. Carol turns into Ms. Marvel and flies away. Readers immediately learn that Dracula was pursuing Carol, intending to make her his latest victim!

  3. #3
    Member Ravenheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Never heard of that one before.Sounds pretty good.Have to try and find that issue.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Babylon23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    5,470

    Default

    Dracula's appearances in the X-Men were in Uncanny #159 and Annual #6.

  5. #5
    Elder Member marshal99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    12,335

    Default

    Tomb of Dracula is still the best Marvel horror book ever published. Loved Drac , coolest villain around.


  6. #6
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
    Posts
    6,634

    Default

    This webpage contains a ton of info on Marvel's version of Dracula, including summaries and a chronological list of all his appearances and lists of powers, allies, enemies, etc. There's also links to pages about lots of other Marvel monsters, including Frankenstein's Monster, the Werewolf, and the Zombie.

    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/draculav.htm

    -D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

    The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

  7. #7
    Senior Member LordEd1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    CLASSIFIED
    Posts
    2,409

    Default

    This TPB is definately on my want list.
    "Our job is to do the impossible and make it look easy." Hawk G.I.Joe #1 (marvel series)

    "Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" Buck Murdoc Airplane II the Sequel

    Favorite Writers: Geoff Johns, Larry Hama, Kurt Busiek

    Favorite Artists: George Perez, Alex Ross

    Favorite Heroes: Captain America, Captain Harlock, Alan Scott, Duke, Optimus Prime

    Favorite Villains: Char Aznable, Darth Vader, Megatron, Dr Doom

  8. #8
    Prostitution Whores! Talisman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Aniana, Symkaria
    Posts
    29,542

    Default

    Ugh. So much bronze age goodness.. my poor wallet :(
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

    Top Ten Magic Bitches

  9. #9
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Ugh. So much bronze age goodness.. my poor wallet :(
    Yeah. I lot of books don't hold up well so many decades later. But Tomb of Dracula IMO does.

    And they did a surprisingly good job mixing the horror and super hero genre together too. It was a lot of fun stuff.

  10. #10
    Member Clea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Dark Dimension
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah. I lot of books don't hold up well so many decades later. But Tomb of Dracula IMO does.

    And they did a surprisingly good job mixing the horror and super hero genre together too. It was a lot of fun stuff.
    I agree. Tomb of Dracula was an amazing series.

  11. #11
    Prostitution Whores! Talisman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Aniana, Symkaria
    Posts
    29,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah. I lot of books don't hold up well so many decades later. But Tomb of Dracula IMO does.

    And they did a surprisingly good job mixing the horror and super hero genre together too. It was a lot of fun stuff.
    I don't have any of the Tomb of Dracula yet, but I hope to one day. It's definitely on my list of things to get.

    This is where I disagree. I enjoy the type of bronze age stories, as opposed to the crap they doll out to us now.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

    Top Ten Magic Bitches

  12. #12
    Elder Member marshal99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    12,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenheart View Post
    Book Description
    It's the Sorcerer Supreme against the Emperor of the Undead! Dracula wants Earth to fall under the spell of the Darkhold, but Doctor Strange has joined Blade and the Nightstalkers in a quest to vanquish all vampires! See the origins of vampirism itself unveiled! Guest-starring the Scarlet Witch and Nextwave's Monica! Collects Tomb of Dracula #44 & Doctor Strange #14, 58-62.

    I picked up the TPB yesterday and just finished reading it.I knew I already had the Tomb of Dracula #44/Doctor Strange #14 crossover from years ago but as I was skimming through the TPB I realised that I also had the original issues of Doctor Strange #58-62 which was also reprinted.I hadn't read them since I originally got them so it was nice reading them again.Marvel's version of Dracula has always been one of my favorites.

    I'd love if they put out another Dracula TPB reprinting Dracula's other appearances in Marvel titles.I know he had a two part story in Thor and met the X-Men a couple times that I seem to remember as well as his kind of meeting with Spider-Man.Not sure if there were any others.
    They did reprint the dracula other appearances with the x-men , spidey , dr strange & silver surfer but in comicbook format but not in TPB.



    Didn't realise that the thread was so long ago though ....

  13. #13
    IMPERIUS REX!!! Rheged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlantean Embassy
    Posts
    16,506

    Default

    Hmmmm. Did not know that they reprinted those stories. Will have to keep an eye open for them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    I don't have any of the Tomb of Dracula yet, but I hope to one day. It's definitely on my list of things to get.

    This is where I disagree. I enjoy the type of bronze age stories, as opposed to the crap they doll out to us now.
    Add my thumbs up to the Tomb of Dracula love. This was one of my favorite series. They've reprinted the entire run in Omnibus format, but it's pricey for the first book. It's also one of the few series that looks pretty darn good in black and white, because of the amazing Gene Colan.
    Last edited by Rheged; 05-11-2012 at 10:02 AM.

  14. #14
    ♥♥ dilettante ♥♥ Pixie_Solanas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    san francisco - the free range twink farm
    Posts
    46,128

    Default

    The Montesi is just some prescription-strength Grecian Formula.

  15. #15
    IMPERIUS REX!!! Rheged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlantean Embassy
    Posts
    16,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    The Montesi is just some prescription-strength Grecian Formula.
    LOL! Gets the vampires out of your hair FOR GOOD.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •