Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Default McDonalds vs WalMart

The two biggest franchises in America face off.

Who wins?
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

The consumer?

They both sell cheap but fundamentally sound stuff. At lower prices. Wouldnt want to eat there all the time or shop there but they serve a purpose.

Alot of Wal-Marts have McDonalds in them. How many McDonalds have Wal-Marts in them eh?
    "A fast low flying Power Girl could take out a platoon of soldiers without even throwing a punch."
    -someone on the DC forums

Bobo T. Chimpanzee Angel of Sorrow's Avatar

Walmart wins the fight.
    But McDonalds wins the war with heart disease and obesity.

Mc Donalds is now inside Wal-Mart, is that a loss for Mc D's or Wally World?
    Quote Originally Posted by Illidania
    Thanos, after working down a bag of pot, and chugging down one of Galactus' Cosmo Beers, started spouting off hysterical nonsense about destroying the multiverse with his mightpowers. Then, while holding up one of those rubber gloves you wear while doing dishes, slurring out that it's the Infinity Gauntlet, Squirrel girl pounces him to the ground where he passes out on the spot. Uatu then comes in and congratulates SG for saving the multiverse! :D

......oh wait, that actualy happened. :p

Yeah, too provide lethal food for low prices and to attract every low-life in 20 sq miles to sit outside your parking lot and start fights.

kidding...or am I?

Wal-Mart has the "inner power" and even has a true form.

Well, by South Park standards anyway.

Well Wal-Mart is also called Wally World, and everyone loves it. I don't think there's even been any serious problems with Wal-Mart and I believe they put K-Mart out of buisiness in some areas. I think the real battle would be between Wal-Mart and Target.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rei-Kai
    Well Wal-Mart is also called Wally World, and everyone loves it. I don't think there's even been any serious problems with Wal-Mart and I believe they put K-Mart out of buisiness in some areas. I think the real battle would be between Wal-Mart and Target.
    Wal-mart frowns upon unionized labor and doesn't provide adequate health care and benifits for their employees. They're exploitative. At least, Mcdonalds lets up indulge in our own gluttony, but Walmart leaves no room for competition at all. How can one store be allowed to sell EVERYTHING! That's nuts! But at the very least provide adaquate wages to the people who can not otherwise compete or have nowhere else to work. But noooo, exploitation rules the day. :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by cappa donna
    Wal-mart frowns upon unionized labor and doesn't provide adequate health care and benifits for their employees. They're exploitative. At least, Mcdonalds lets up indulge in our own gluttony, but Walmart leaves no room for competition at all. How can one store be allowed to sell EVERYTHING! That's nuts! But at the very least provide adaquate wages to the people who can not otherwise compete or have nowhere else to work. But noooo, exploitation rules the day. :rolleyes:
    no but seriously, I've personally boycotted WalMart and McDonalds for quite awhile. Lets hope they both destroy eachother and local businesses flourish.

Quote Originally Posted by cappa donna
    Ok, kind of an over-simplification. Fact is, a lot of "local businesses" don't provide health-care either. Unions are not always a good thing. Small businesses charge a lot more and often have poor service. Any why can't a store sell everything it wants? Their risk, not the consumer.

Adequate wages? Says who? THose jobs wouldn't exist but for Wal-Mart. It's more complicated then you think. Exploitation? Heh, Walmart makes a very small profit given its size and here's the reality: people shop there because it is better and cheaper than the mom and pops.

Good ol wikipedia to the rescue.

Wal-Mart
    Revenue $315.654 billion USD (2006)[1]
    Net income $11.231 billion USD (2006)[1]
    Employees 1.8 Million (2006)[1]

McDonalds
    Revenue $20.460 Billion USD (2005)
    Net income $2.602 Billion USD (2005)
    Employees 447,000 (2005)[1]

Wal-Mart wins this one big time.
    "A fast low flying Power Girl could take out a platoon of soldiers without even throwing a punch."

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak
    Mc Donalds is now inside Wal-Mart, is that a loss for Mc D's or Wally World?
    It's a kind of enemy fraternization, like Russia selling the US chromium during the Cold War.
    Life is but a dream. So why wake up?
    What kind of Spot Check do you have to roll to notice a parked Autobot?
    Ultimately, Halo has taught me that no matter how far in the future you go, the best weapon for fighting Zombies remains the shotgun.

I had a theory about Wal-mart, McDonalds, and Brawny paper towles taking over the world, but I've since forgoten it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnorok64
    Good ol wikipedia to the rescue.

Wal-Mart
    Revenue $315.654 billion USD (2006)[1]
    Net income $11.231 billion USD (2006)[1]
    Employees 1.8 Million (2006)[1]

McDonalds
    Revenue $20.460 Billion USD (2005)
    Net income $2.602 Billion USD (2005)
    Employees 447,000 (2005)[1]

Wal-Mart wins this one big time.
    Yeah but McDonalds has a MUCH higher percentage of returns compared to their Revenue. I'd say that balances things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illidania
    Thanos, after working down a bag of pot, and chugging down one of Galactus' Cosmo Beers, started spouting off hysterical nonsense about destroying the multiverse with his mightpowers. Then, while holding up one of those rubber gloves you wear while doing dishes, slurring out that it's the Infinity Gauntlet, Squirrel girl pounces him to the ground where he passes out on the spot. Uatu then comes in and congratulates SG for saving the multiverse! :D

......oh wait, that actualy happened. :p