View Poll Results: who would YOU pick to be THE Green Arrow?

Voters
80. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Mia Dearden

2 2.50%
  • Connor Hawke

12 15.00%
  • Roy Harper

6 7.50%
  • Bonnie King

1 1.25%
  • Cissie King-Jones

3 3.75%
  • Oliver Queen

56 70.00%
  • other (specify in thread)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb who would you pick to be THE Green Arrow?

Okay. Most of the Green Arrow posts seem to be Connor Hawke vs Ollie Queen fans. Let's have a poll to decide either way: Who would you like to be the Green Arrow of the DCU (if there could only be one!)?

There's only one GA and thats Ollie, as long as he's alive thats who it should be. However I'm still P**sed that they brought in Connor to replace him when he died, should have been Roy, always should have been. However that beef aside, I like Connor as a character now he's here, like the way he's so zen and calm compared to Ollie and Roy, and I'm busting to get the mini this month, I just think Roy was shafted with they brought him in from out of nowhere with the sole purpose of killing off Ollie and replacing him.

Ollie and no one else, but then again i think his current book sucks, i don't want a politics Ollie, give me back my green hunter of the streets.

Funny thing is that Roy Harper as Speedy is as old as GA, but he is more or less his own hero today, as Nightwing is not to become Batman anymore.
    Last edited by Agentum; 10-31-2006 at 07:35 AM.

Fish Emerald Slicer Kara Zor El's Avatar

What about Hawkeye?

Connor, since I like his character and have never been able to stand the obnoxious Ollie Queen. Absolutely hated Kevin Smith's hackneyed resurrection of him. But I don't really care which is "THE" Green Arrow; Connor could just take on a different alias like Roy did, as Ollie originated the name and since he's alive again I would assume he has the "rights" to it over anyone else.

The only Green Arrow for me is Ollie. Always has been, always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Zor El
    What about Hawkeye?
    Well, he's a cheap lilac GA copy, or what did you mean?:D

You want him in DCU?

Ollie all the way. His attitude is perfect for it. I'm actually loving the current book, a lot. It's a great read every month, especially lately.

Oliver Queen of course.

The last couple of issue by Judd Winick of all people have been excellent. Almost pre-COIE good.

The Oliver Queen from Justice League Unlimited.

I have no respect for the cheatin' lyin' ninja that Judd writes. Turn on the TV to see how Green Arrow should be written.

Yes i liked the JLU version too even if it was back to the rich guy thing again.
    A lot of the characters in LU vas beter than DC's variants at the same time.
    DC is dragging to much old stuff with the characters for them to be portrayed good for longer periods.

But my favorite is Grells GA, the current version is not what i want from GA at all, but i hear people like that book so......

Worst was Smiths GA books, hack writer.

For The Win captain_unimpressive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Damo
    The Oliver Queen from Justice League Unlimited.

I have no respect for the cheatin' lyin' ninja that Judd writes. Turn on the TV to see how Green Arrow should be written.
    Ah, I hated that show when it first debuted, as soon as that cheesy, "out-Van Halen-ing Van Halen" song started up, but in retrospect JLU was rather awesome.
    They actually made me like Wildcat, which didn't seem terribly possible at the tie.

I voted Connor, because he's the only one who interests me as a character, but I'd honestly rather they just didn't have a Green Arrow period.
    Things My Students Say

Here Comes a Regular (the life of a boozer) UPDATED 8/18/11: 9C, depression, bluegrass, Charlie Day

Oliver Queen is the one & only Green Arrow.

OLLIVER QUEEN. That's it. He is Green Arrow. No one else.

Kevin Smith's ressurection got me into him. Anytime I let a friend of mine read it, they were hooked on Ollie. No hack writing there. (Also, Kevin Smith has been my hero for years.)

The JLU Arrow was what I looked forward to on that show. That was the exact voice I pictured him having when I read the comics.

Politically, I agree with him alot aswell. I've really enjoyed the OYL issues.

But yeah, Ollie is Green Arrow. (someone should make a movie of him. Geez it'd be awesome if Kevin Smith would)