Welcome to the new Guess the Classic Cover. We have had 3 very successful versions of the game already.
We burned through nearly 250 covers pre-meltdown and another 400 covers in just over year during the 2nd Edition, and the most recent 3rd Edition wrapped up with 500 covers.
That's 1,150 covers in 3 years!
As I have less and less time these days to dedicate to the game, I can't promise that we'll be speeding along at previous rates, but I'll do my best.
The basic rules are as follows:
1. I will post a portion of a Classic Cover as a clue
2. If you know the answer - please state the title and issue number
3. I will post a larger portion after a while (10-15 views)
4. Partial guesses/answers to help others along are just fine.
5. I assign points depending on how many clue were provided.
6. Hints will be given to help move things along (or perhaps frustrate them!)
If you answer a cover with only one clue revealed, you are awarded 400 points. A two-clue answer will get you 300 points and so on.
Please feel free to talk about how you went about solving the cover, if you own a copy, any memories you have of the book etc….
The discussion is what makes this game fun.
Enough of the legalese - let's get started.
Here is the first clue to the first classic cover of this Edition.
HINT - It has a 10 cent cover price.