Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spidey & mutant relations: Recommendations please

Which is the best arc can you recommend that explores deeply Spidey's relations with the mutant community?

There is only one truth! Peter Parker's Avatar

Well, in "Spider-Man: The Animated Series", Spidey did team up with the X-Men and helped each other out, well, even though Spidey didn't got much help. He can be considered as a mutant because, even though he was not born that way, his genetic molecues was still altered by the radioactive spider, and anyone, as far as I'm concerned, that has their molecues altered, can be considered a mutant to me. :D

Paper Tigeress Violently Apathetic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker
    Well, in "Spider-Man: The Animated Series", Spidey did team up with the X-Men and helped each other out, well, even though Spidey didn't got much help.
    There's a comic version of that storyline, The Mutant Agenda. It's three issues long and is a decent enough read...I guess.
    Last edited by Violently Apathetic; 10-23-2006 at 07:03 AM.
    Oh.I must say Im surprised at how readily you boys bastardized your code of ethics in order to justify a morally dubious decision. That was very grown up of you. - Cornfed

The first arc of Marvel-Team up where Spidey has to deal with Wolverine and later on meets some of the other X-Men including X-23

"Wolverine what did they do to you!"

Of course Ultimate Spider-Man deals with the mutant issue a bit better given how he's dating one of them. Also he's met the X-Men various amounts of time as well all over the place.
    "I See Your Passion. Passion Begets Hunger. Hunger Devours Worlds. I Will Never Allow Another World To Fall"

Silver Surfer Speaking To Cable: Cable & Deadpool#10

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

In Uncanny X-men #346 Spider-man makes a guest appearence.
    It's during the Zero Tolerance and we get some insight to what Spidey thinks about mutants and the opression of them.
    It also has some great interaction between Spider-man and Marrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7
    It also has some great interaction between Spider-man and Marrow.
    There's more of such great interaction in Peter Paker: Spider-Man #4 and the Spider-Man/Marrow one-shot. The former of these includes Morlocks.

WAY back there was a backup feature where Iceman and Spidey meet up and compete over a girl. Someones going to have to help me out on this one, I only read it in reprints.

In the story Spidey eventually shows up at the X-mansion where Prof. X is pretty groovy with spidey.

-Spidey and Captain Britain where college roommates. I know C.B. ain't a mutie himself, but his sister is.

and some more spidey and the x-men at ultimate spider-man: Deadpool

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Then there's always the famous pummeling that Spider-man delivered to the X-men in the first Secret Wars series.

Quote Originally Posted by a-spidey
    and some more spidey and the x-men at ultimate spider-man: Deadpool
    I'd rather him read the Ultimate Spider-Man issues dealing with Geldoff. Issues 40-44. Or perhaps the very odd story later in issues 66-67.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7
    Then there's always the famous pummeling that Spider-man delivered to the X-men in the first Secret Wars series.
    Without a doubt, one of my favourite fight scenes ever, short as it was, spidey "Owned" the X-Men there!

other honourable mentions might be the "Spider-Man Wolverine" one shot (I think it was a one shot) that Ned Leeds Dies in. The Spidey/Wolverine arc in McFarlanes Adjective-less Spider-Man. And another personal favourite would be the Web of Spider-Man Annual (can't remember the issue #) where Spidey has to help Warlock from the New-Mutants when he goes nuts and Terrorizes New York.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofagun
    And another personal favourite would be the Web of Spider-Man Annual (can't remember the issue #) where Spidey has to help Warlock from the New-Mutants when he goes nuts and Terrorizes New York.
    "Self misses self when part of self is missing."

That's from there, right? That was a great issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro
    "Self misses self when part of self is missing."

That's from there, right? That was a great issue.
    Exactly, it was a great "Funny yet poignant" issue, and the fact that Art Adams was on art chores didn't hurt at all.

Also Marvel Team-up annual # 6, Spidey, New Mutants and Cloak and Dagger. This one ended up setting up another great arc over in the New Mutants Title.