Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    There is only one truth! Peter Parker's Avatar

Default How many times has Spidey been framed?

I'm talking about in every single appearance he ever made, can anyone mention all of them?

This is off the top of my head:

1. When Mysterio turned himself into "Spider-Man" in ASM.

2. When Mysterio turned himself into "Spider-Man" and robbed the jewelry store in "Spider-Man: The Animated Series".

3. Probably the most classical, the Chameleon in a Spidey mask and framed our hero for the first time in ASM.

4. Spidey was again "framed" when the Spider-Carnage destroy NYC in "SM: The Animated Series".

5. When Peter lost his memory, and Doc Ock convinced Spidey that he was working for the "doctor" himself.

Ugh I'm out, anyone else can remember the rest?

*continue from number 5 :D

When Kraven buried him and took his costume.

I was really expecting this to be on crimes.

He was framed for murder once. Hence that whole Identity Crisis debocle.

Whitmore: Rebirth! Sean Whitmore's Avatar

He was framed for robbery in Web of Spider-Man #50, and a group of his allies (Puma, Rocket Racer, Prowler, and Will O' the Wisp) formed a team called The Outlaws to catch him.

Don't know if you'd consider it a frame, but Spider-Man was blamed for the deaths of both Captain Stacy and Gwen Stacy.

Scarlet Spider was also framed by a holographic image of himself that wreaked havoc through New York.

SEAN
    This week at Comic Critics!: Nothing. We're on hiatus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Whitmore
    Don't know if you'd consider it a frame, but Spider-Man was blamed for the deaths of both Captain Stacy and Gwen Stacy.
    Hey, don't forget Norman's death, Spidey was accused of that too, not that Osborn was really, dead...

I don't think 5 counts, personally, because Doc Ock really got Spidey to do that junk. Why frame the guy when you've already fooled him into committing crimes for you? Of course that's just another reason Doc Ock is oen of my favorites. He was such a good sport about it, too. ;)

So that's thirteen, now for number fourteen!

14. In Marvel Team-Up #21, Xando hypnotised Spidey and boy, Spidey would had been framed if Doctor Strange woke up before Xandu appears! Close enough I guess. :p

I think there is going to be way more then we can count. I was thinking about this the other day, almost started a thread. There is what 534 of ASM. Then there was 243 Spec. and then like 100 PP and 20 some PPV2. There were like 25 Spec V2. Then Web of was....

OK you see my point there is a lot of books in continuity, some I am sure I don't even know. Guest appearances, one shots. I think the counting could go forever if there was someone who had read them all. One day I will be there, one can dream cant he?
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

Well since your counting the Animated Series.

He was "framed" in Ultimate Spiderman men, when that dude was robbing Banks and killing cops (including Captain Stacey) in Spideys costume.

The cops seemed to think he killed Dewolfe in the reason Annual, cause they start shooting at him.

How many times has Spider-Man been framed? The Answer: Too many to count.
    From now on we're poison to you Spider-Man. That's why we call ourselves... VENOM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    How many times has Spider-Man been framed? The Answer: Too many to count.
    Aye, but it still would be an interesting topic to be discussed, and who knows, we might just point out all of the framings. :p

Okay, now we got sixteen, time for number...

17. This one's already in the epiosde title, "Framed", in "Spider-Man: The Animated Series", when the Kingpin let Peter take the fall for some reason I couldn't recall, but fortunately, Matt Murdock was his lawyer, and you know what that means (the Dare Devil's in that episode and the one after too).

Also back in the clone saga i think that Peter was framed about some murders caused by Kaine and the police make a DNA test and finds that Parker was the murderer.(Kaine is a clone of Spider-man).I don't remember the number of the issue(you know,many stories from the clone saga were crap and not worth mention).
    "I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker
    Aye, but it still would be an interesting topic to be discussed, and who knows, we might just point out all of the framings. :p
    Ya know you could be right there.
    From now on we're poison to you Spider-Man. That's why we call ourselves... VENOM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarius
    (you know,many stories from the clone saga were crap and not worth mention).
    Crap? Its a total disaster! Nobody really liked it. :p

Could someone list all... what? Eighteen, nineteen, items? I can't keep up. And it'd help if we numbered our additions, as the first post suggests.