Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who has stronger invulnerability CAPTAIN MARVEL or SUPERMAN?

Just like the title says folks!

Which Captain Marvel and which Superman?

In the PC day's Captain Marvel was actually stronger then Superman.

But at the planet moving, thousands of times faster than light, able to survive a supernova level the difference is not even noticeable.

Nowadays Superman is depicted as being slightly stronger than CM. But again the gap is so small it is unnoticeable really.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesD
    Which Captain Marvel and which Superman?
    Current CAP and SUPES.

This is a purely subjective impression, but I would say Cap is somewhat more resistant to magical spells and attacks (and of course he's completely unaffected by Kryptonite). But Superman would be a bit more invulnerable to everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Denial
    In the PC day's Captain Marvel was actually stronger then Superman.
    Not so . Pre-crisis , Cap did beat E2 Superman but he lost to E1 superman in that giant sized comic in their one and only fight. They they were suppose to clash in the JLA/JSA/Earth S crossover but that story had a lame cop out where they never really fight at all.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99
    Not so . Pre-crisis , Cap did beat E2 Superman but he lost to E1 superman in that giant sized comic in their one and only fight. They they were suppose to clash in the JLA/JSA/Earth S crossover but that story had a lame cop out where they never really fight at all.

Really I have heard many claim Cap was stronger than Superman.

But they never really cited anything so I will take your word for it.

Master of Funk! Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Guys, this would be more appropriate on the Rumbles Board.

Whom could beat whom and who is stronger than who is Rumbles bread and butter.

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Post-Crisis, I haven't heard of anything that Cap has done that surpasses Superman's most incredible feats.

EDIT: I could be wrong, though.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

Yeah th eCaptain Marvel Family got thrashed recently.

(Something I hate, a lot. THen again I praticaly quitted comci books by this point.)

But yeah. I personaly think DC Cap Marvle for all Intents an dpurposes SHOULD equal his worl'ds SUpe rMan, jsut with different theme/power source.

And the only real deciding factor is, experince.

As Marvle si often a child, and Super Man, ha sbeen sunig his pwoers for quiet a while now.

9marvel verison, wlel sucks ni comparsion, hell Gensis is currently dead.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chou Blaster
    Yeah th eCaptain Marvel Family got thrashed recently.

(Something I hate, a lot. THen again I praticaly quitted comci books by this point.)

But yeah. I personaly think DC Cap Marvle for all Intents an dpurposes SHOULD equal his worl'ds SUpe rMan, jsut with different theme/power source.

And the only real deciding factor is, experince.

As Marvle si often a child, and Super Man, ha sbeen sunig his pwoers for quiet a while now.

9marvel verison, wlel sucks ni comparsion, hell Gensis is currently dead.)
    Disagree. IMO, it's not good when other Superheroes have the same power levels as Superman. Big Blue has to stand out in every possible way. Captain Marvel has a very important role, as I've read in Day Of Vengeance. Superman should be the strongest in physical terms. Marvel in the magical terms?

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets
    Disagree. IMO, it's not good when other Superheroes have the same power levels as Superman. Big Blue has to stand out in every possible way. Captain Marvel has a very important role, as I've read in Day Of Vengeance. Superman should be the strongest in physical terms. Marvel in the magical terms?

Liek I said, Pre Day sof Vengnce should be damn near equal to SUper man.

THESE days After DOV, he well has to shar elighting/power. SO is weaker base don how many are tpapnig into sam epwoer, if NO ONE is sharin gin the pwoer, is about a sclose to Pre DOV as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets
    I don't see why Superman has to be the top dog. With the way DC has been retconned again and again, I don't think he ever was in his time line.

Before him Alan Scott was the top dog and about the same time he came around several other people with equal powers levels popped up.

Plus if he stands out in everyway, he's just made Flash completley obsolete.

Captain Marvel, I've always viewed as slightly tougher than Superman. I wouldn't quite give Superman the experience advantage either because the Wisdom of Solomon makes up for that. If anything, in a fight, Superman gets the advantage of being meaner (as funny as that is to say.) Cap is typically a more innocent type character and doesn't have the anger or rage that Superman sometimes uses. Supes is also a lot more likely to fight dirty, in comparrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Chou Blaster
    Liek I said, Pre Day sof Vengnce should be damn near equal to SUper man.

THESE days After DOV, he well has to shar elighting/power. SO is weaker base don how many are tpapnig into sam epwoer, if NO ONE is sharin gin the pwoer, is about a sclose to Pre DOV as it gets.
    Well, wasn't he sharing his power even before DoV?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099
    I don't see why Superman has to be the top dog. With the way DC has been retconned again and again, I don't think he ever was in his time line.

Before him Alan Scott was the top dog and about the same time he came around several other people with equal powers levels popped up.

Plus if he stands out in everyway, he's just made Flash completley obsolete.
    Well, you're right about The Flash. I had forgotten about that. But isn't the current Flash the most powerful Flash that's ever been (or something like that, I heard it from some guy)?

Captain Marvel, I've always viewed as slightly tougher than Superman. I wouldn't quite give Superman the experience advantage either because the Wisdom of Solomon makes up for that. If anything, in a fight, Superman gets the advantage of being meaner (as funny as that is to say.) Cap is typically a more innocent type character and doesn't have the anger or rage that Superman sometimes uses. Supes is also a lot more likely to fight dirty, in comparrison.
    Well, that's exactly my point. What's Superman's purpose, power-wise, when there are others who allegedly are just as powerful as he is? I look at it this way: if The Flash is the Fastest Man Alive, then there shouldn't be anyone as fast as The Flash, becuase that would make him obsolete, just like you said. The same goes for Supes. He should be the strongest, able to hold black holes with his bare hands, ignite stars with his Heat Vision, and crush planets with - again - his bare hands.