Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CBR NEWS: "Ultimate X-Men" #76 Preview

Marvel Comics has provided CBR News with preview images from "Ultimate X-Men" #76, which continues the "Cable" saga by Robert Kirkman and Ben Oliver.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...em.cgi?id=8668
    -- Jonah Weiland
    Executive Producer, CBR
    - CBR - Twitter -

Ultimate Bishop looks...odd. At first glance I thought he was Cable. He's got white hair! Maybe he's Storm after a sex change.

Those pages look great, but I thought that about the #75 preview pages too, and the art in the rest of the comic looked pretty flat.

Will 4 issues be enough for this arc? It seems like a story so big and strange would need more time to be told.

Bishop is Storm's son? Or do all people from the future just have white hair...
    Maybe it's a fad. With Cable it at least makes sense if he's an aged version of Wolverine, old man's grey hair and all.

Yeah the art style and the rastas being all behind his head really made me confuse him for another Cable as well.

However i think i know why he has white hair. Do some of you remember that list of mutants Emma gave to the president? On it was someone also named Bishop (who was rejected by the president because of his criminal record).

I guess the writers remembered this for a change and Bishop already exist in the normal timeline and that dude is him from the future.

I bet he was some sort of teacher for Cable which is the reason he went after him and why he wears the same combat clothes.

Maybe Cable and Bishop are sons of Wolvie and Storm from the future? I wouldn't mind that...

Quote Originally Posted by Kefky
    Maybe Cable and Bishop are sons of Wolvie and Storm from the future? I wouldn't mind that...
    That would be pretty cool. I might have to take check out this arc if this could be the case.
    Last edited by Effect; 10-20-2006 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kefky
    I dunno ... that first page (with the reflections in the claws) really makes me think the rumors of Cable being the future Wolverine are true ...

Maybe Bishop is hunting his own father? After all, Wolverine can live for a long time due to his healing factor, and perhaps Bishop is Storm and Logan's son and he's hunting his dad because he blames him for something that happened in their future (Storm's death, perhaps?).

All I know is....I wonna read it now :D

I'd prefer an older sex changed Storm over the future child of Storm and Wolverine. :p
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

I quit collecting this series but came back for this story arc only because I was intrigued by it at my LCS. I agree with you all, Bishop and Cable do look too similar...while looking at the smaller version of the pages I didn't even know that was Bishop in the last one...I thought it was Cable making a getaway.

Anyway, Ben Oliver's art is growing on me and I really enjoyed #75 and hope the rest of the storyline is as good as that issue.

I hope Cable isn't Jean/Wolverine son. I would rather him be a clone then that.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky
    Ultimate Bishop looks...odd. At first glance I thought he was Cable. He's got white hair! Maybe he's Storm after a sex change.

Wow I said that same thing right after finding out Cable might be Wolverine.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

Quote Originally Posted by rwsmith
    Maybe Bishop is hunting his own father? After all, Wolverine can live for a long time due to his healing factor, and perhaps Bishop is Storm and Logan's son and he's hunting his dad because he blames him for something that happened in their future (Storm's death, perhaps?).
    Good one. I like that theory.

IIRC though, Kirkman said in an interview that Cable's sole mission is to take down Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast
    I'd prefer an older sex changed Storm over the future child of Storm and Wolverine. :p
    I feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty
    I guess the writers remembered this for a change and Bishop already exist in the normal timeline and that dude is him from the future.

I bet he was some sort of teacher for Cable which is the reason he went after him and why he wears the same combat clothes.
    I seriously doubt that Kirkman even knows that Bishop was even mentioned in the series. This could go the same route they went with Eddie Brock in that the Bishop that the President mentioned is not the same one that we are seeing in UXM #76.

It would be nice if they made a link to the first Bishop being a relative or even a younger version of the one that is showing up. On the other hand his white hair has me wondering. Is he an old man? He doesnít look like heís old. Maybe itís a side effect from time travel. Perhaps heís the son of Storm. Kirkman has stated that Cable has no relationship to any of the X-Men but he didnít asy anything about Bishop.

Similar clothes of Bishop and Cable make me think they are in the same military unit. Cable went AWOL and Bishop was sent in to stop him.