Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Claymore

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnorok64 View Post
    I don't know if this is what the aurthor was going for, but it seems that the scar has been a bigger issue to the warriors than it has been to any of the normal humans that have seen it. I wonder if it's just especially reprehensible to them because it represents their transformation at the hands of the Organization. They hate it more than normal people would.
    It's not just a scar. It's a permanent wound that won't heal unless they awaken. The stitches hold the skin together. Otherwise their blood and guts would spill out. I think most people would be very troubled with a permanent wound.
    Current favorites: Claymore, Puella Magi Kazumi Magica, A Certain Scientific Railgun, Justice League, Birds of Prey

new chapter is taking a strange turn. I can only hope that the most interesting villain in the manga is somehow making a bonafide comeback... even though we've been told that it's NOT Riful... it could at least have her entertaining personality.

Lover of fine stories Mahou Otaku's Avatar

I love this series, but it just seems to be a downer so much. Always like the world is against you, there's no way out, and everybody dies. (Though technically things tend to get better, and not everyone dies, but you get my point that that's the feel it gives.)

I don't expect it to be shining rainbows and sunshine, but jeez, it doesn't always have be so bleak, y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by Mahou Otaku View Post
    I love this series, but it just seems to be a downer so much. Always like the world is against you, there's no way out, and everybody dies. (Though technically things tend to get better, and not everyone dies, but you get my point that that's the feel it gives.)

I don't expect it to be shining rainbows and sunshine, but jeez, it doesn't always have be so bleak, y'know?
    Never read Gantz then.
    "A fast low flying Power Girl could take out a platoon of soldiers without even throwing a punch."
    -someone on the DC forums

Lover of fine stories Mahou Otaku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnorok64 View Post
    Never read Gantz then.
    Hah hah, tried it, hated it. Probably one of the very few who didn't enjoy Gantz. I found it bloody and graphic for simple shock value with very little story value at all. Though granted, that was my view of just the first ten chapters, I couldn't continue after that.

Did Priscilla just pull an Erza?
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion

why does Priscilla need ANOTHER break-through/power-up? she was already far beyond anything Claire could handle.

I thought we were at least SORTA getting closer to the end. but now it feels like the author has moved the finish line after we've gone 2/3rds of the way and can see it in the distance.

It seems less like a power-up and more like her randomly still having her sword and that can't be absorbed.

I mean, her ability to eat Priscilla was really the only thing the pseudo-Riful had going for her, so it makes sense that she'd get wrecked after that.

Priscilla still having that sword is kind of stupid though. Where was it stored when she was in child form?

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    I thought we were at least SORTA getting closer to the end. but now it feels like the author has moved the finish line after we've gone 2/3rds of the way and can see it in the distance.
    Not really though? Most of the main cast, fighting together and helped by the rest of the Awakened is struggling against something that isn't even in Priscilla's league.

Unless Priscilla is massively weakened by this fight or what she did to Raki backfires on her somehow or Claire Awakens and gets an absolutely monstrous power-up, there's no way the manga could end now.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Seventy-seven plus generations of warriors and there were only three Creatures of the Abyss... now abyssal-class beings are just coming out of the wood work.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    why does Priscilla need ANOTHER break-through/power-up? she was already far beyond anything Claire could handle.

Well... there is still that business of the Dragons from the other continent.

I really hope something like that isn't just left as a loose end.

Although... I do like the look of Miata's awakened form... lately the designs have left something to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
    Seventy-seven plus generations of warriors and there were only three Creatures of the Abyss... now abyssal-class beings are just coming out of the wood work.
    For all that they talk about them being Abyssal, the latest awakenings don't really seem to be on, say, Isley's level.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar

Most.....bullshit.....victory........EVAAAAAAAAAR!
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    It seems less like a power-up and more like her randomly still having her sword and that can't be absorbed.

I mean, her ability to eat Priscilla was really the only thing the pseudo-Riful had going for her, so it makes sense that she'd get wrecked after that.

Priscilla still having that sword is kind of stupid though. Where was it stored when she was in child form?

Not really though? Most of the main cast, fighting together and helped by the rest of the Awakened is struggling against something that isn't even in Priscilla's league.

Unless Priscilla is massively weakened by this fight or what she did to Raki backfires on her somehow or Claire Awakens and gets an absolutely monstrous power-up, there's no way the manga could end now.
    Eh, I'm guessing that basically spread it through some of her bones or compressed it into a tiny pellet or something and just reconstituted it now. I mean, heck, its not like Priscilla and the other Awakened Claymores don't pull an insane amount of mass out of nowhere when they transform and then put it back when they return to their human modes.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    For all that they talk about them being Abyssal, the latest awakenings don't really seem to be on, say, Isley's level.
    Its probably that they were *technically* Abyssals, but not strong enough to want to get the attention of the commonly known Abyssals. Like, the other major Abyssals were to these new guys what Priscilla was to them.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Quote Originally Posted by nervmeister View Post
    Most.....bullshit.....victory........EVAAAAAAAAAR!
    LOL. I probably should've just typed this for my first reaction. she didn't really NEED an indestructible claymore since she can already WTF-pwn everybody in her universe by sleepwalking her way through every fight she's in, tanking all the damage, and killing them in one shot (two if they're considered dangerous).