View Poll Results: Executive Director Maria Hill

Voters
214. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Keep her around; she's fun

106 49.53%
  • Let Frank Castle shoot her

92 42.99%
  • Other

16 7.48%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Maria Hill: Love Her or Hate Her?

Are you a fan of S.H.I.E.L.D's new temporary director or do you wish a house would drop on her? for Hill's part, i can admit that she's never boring and does her job efficiently. and she's from Chicago (which explains her being good at defense).

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../Mariahill.PNG

---------
    Sidenote: so does anyone else think that Maria Hill might be the new Iron "Man" and Stark might be the head of SHIELD? i'm going by the anti-supers comment that the new Iron Man made in the preview for Mighty Avengers.

is kneeling to Storm Wind-Breaker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haunt
    Are you a fan of S.H.I.E.L.D's new temporary director or do you wish a house would drop on her? for Hill's part, i can admit that she's never boring and does her job efficiently. and she's from Chicago (which explains her being good at defense).

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../Mariahill.PNG

---------
    Sidenote: so does anyone else think that Maria Hill might be the new Iron "Man" and Stark might be the head of SHIELD? i'm going by the anti-supers comment that the new Iron Man made in the preview for Mighty Avengers.
    Maria Hill the new Iron Man? Awsome idea! All though, I really do enjoy her current position at SHEILD. Where else can you find a short, unimposing woman bossing around a bunch of superheroes? But yeah I'm a Maria Hill fan, she may be mostly viewed as a villain, but all her actions have reason to them, and she can get the job done no matter who's in her way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Breaker
    Maria Hill the new Iron Man? Awsome idea! All though, I really do enjoy her current position at SHEILD. Where else can you find a short, unimposing woman bossing around a bunch of superheroes? But yeah I'm a Maria Hill fan, she may be mostly viewed as a villain, but all her actions have reason to them, and she can get the job done no matter who's in her way.

plus, she's willing to drop a nuke or two; when push comes to shove.

is kneeling to Storm Wind-Breaker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haunt
    plus, she's willing to drop a nuke or two; when push comes to shove.
    Yep, people keep refrencing that as a strike against her, but killing innocent people isn't actually a new concept to SHEILD. Fury was far from being a saint. Hill is bad ass, and I hope that Marvel has her around for a long time.

I like Hill. Her youth seems odd to me but other than that she's good.
    And I love Nick Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Mr Mustard
    I like Hill. Her youth seems odd to me but other than that she's good.
    And I love Nick Fury.

well we don't really know her exact age. she could just look young. if i were to guess, i'd say that she's in her early 30s. she looks like an evil parakeet in this picture...

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bi...6605743384%204
    Last edited by Haunt; 10-16-2006 at 08:10 PM.

I think she's a total bitch, but a very entertaining one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake V
    I think she's a total bitch, but a very entertaining one.
    What Jake said.

I think it's great to have a female in such a powerful role and an entertaining one at that. I hope she has the staying power of Sharon Carter in the SHIELD ranks.

I like her a LOT. I mostly feel bad for her because all this horrible stuff is happening under her run and she's got to deal with it without being "Hmm, what would Nick do?"

She's a very fun character.

I like her. She's like Gyrich but cool.
    For-Real-True is only true now.

Story-True is true forever.

-Lizzie Hexam "The Unwritten"

She's got an advantage that practically none of the other characters around her have in that she's new. They aren't retconning her or going against soe long-established continuity. So in that sense, I find that I like her. But also, she seems to be just a professional who is doing her job in a non-emotional way. There is not much I can blame her for, after all she didn't clone Thor and sick him on the heroes.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

I love to hate her, which makes her a well writen character IMO, keep her, and when Fury comes back make her his Number 2,
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Everybody's hate her alright.....but isn't that what Bendis's intention is ??

Shoot her. That is my opinion. She is a smear on the wall compared to Fury.

This may sound silly but, I've not seen her DO anything. I admit freely, I don't read New Avengers anymore, so maybe I'm missing a trick, dropped it at 22, but you can point at Fury and say, he did this, this this, Secret War, etc. What has she done??

I can't gage the character as so far all she's done is lecture Cap in Civil War (has she just heard of him or something?) which is never a good idea. I mean if she had been around in the background in other Shield stories and we'd heard of her before now, I could cope with her being in charge. Like Agent Clay, I believe it is, I've seen and heard mentioned a few times. But its just pop, here she is, in charge. Yes, it can make it interesting to deal with an unknown, but I want to see her DO something.

Given that I don't have the budget to keep buying books to wait and see if that happens, and don't get that many books where she might appear, can anyone else tell me what's she been up to?
    If you look after the fans, they will look after you.