Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Whitmore: Rebirth! Sean Whitmore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by curefreak
    the origin of elektro was ridiculous.

Personally, I felt the anti-Spidey origin (nerd who gets powers and doesn't use them responsibly) worked a lot better than making Electro the Red Skull's son. ;)

SEAN
    This week at Comic Critics!: Nothing. We're on hiatus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Whitmore
    Personally, I felt the anti-Spidey origin (nerd who gets powers and doesn't use them responsibly) worked a lot better than making Electro the Red Skull's son. ;)

SEAN
    electro= red skull son???? wtf????

Quote Originally Posted by curefreak
    electro= red skull son???? wtf????

It was one of the final story arcs of the Fox 'toon. Red Skull gives his son powers and dubs him Electro in an effort to rule the world. Kind of a weird way to debut one of the classic Ditko villains, but I guess they had their reasons.

SEAN

It was one of the final story arcs of the Fox 'toon. Red Skull gives his son powers and dubs him Electro in an effort to rule the world. Kind of a weird way to debut one of the classic Ditko villains, but I guess they had their reasons.

SEAN
    When I saw that Electro was the Skull's Ultimate Weapon, I honest-to-God thought it was a joke until I realized he hadn't been introduced in the series yet.

That...broke me a little, I'll not lie. It's the goofy-ass headpiece that makes it art.

The whole end of that series sucked, hardcore. The offbeat Seven Forgotten Warriors, the cosmic Secret Wars and existance-threatening Spider-Carnage, The faux-Clone Saga and Ben Reilly, Hydro-MJ, Stan Lee...it's almost nightmarish.

SEAN
    i guess they wanted to tie in captain america, so they needed another classic villian to do it. they just rewrote how his story so he would be the rediculously powerful final villian in the six part story.

if you ask me the question of which electro is worse, the fox series or the mtv series, i can't tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by megabyte01
    i guess they wanted to tie in captain america, so they needed another classic villian to do it. they just rewrote how his story so he would be the rediculously powerful final villian in the six part story.

if you ask me the question of which electro is worse, the fox series or the mtv series, i can't tell you.
    poor elektro he gets screwed over in two cartoons and hes a lackey for kingpin in the ultimate verse.

One thing is for sure:this seris did get spidey's powers right.He was strong,fast,agile and his spider-sense actually worked!I can't say the same about the 90's show...

The Phantom of Oz Nosgoth Phantom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Sense
    One thing is for sure:this seris did get spidey's powers right.He was strong,fast,agile and his spider-sense actually worked!I can't say the same about the 90's show...
    What irked me so much about the 90s cartoon was that Fox wouldn't allow Spidey to ever throw a punch or kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth Phantom
    What irked me so much about the 90s cartoon was that Fox wouldn't allow Spidey to ever throw a punch or kick.

Every once in a while he might throw a weak-ass kick, usually to knock somebody off of him. :) But we never got to see him cut loose like Spider-Man is supposed to be capable of.

SEAN

True.And they usually displayed his strength poorly...

Who bare the Mark becominAfanAgain's Avatar

This was a show that never had a chance to live up to its potential.

Comparing it to the Fox show is pointless, as each show had a different remit. The Fox show was aimed at the Saturday morning crowd, had a regular air time with tons of promotion, and had the entire history of Spider-Man to draw upon. The MTV show was aimed at an older audience, had crap promotion, aired whenever MTV felt like airing it, and had to stay within the pseudo-continuity of the movie.

In the things that are comparable, the MTV show--while not great-- had it all over its Fox predecessor. The voices were less whiny, the dialogue was crisper, the fight scenes were exciting, and the production values were better (and I'm not comparing the CG to the hand-drawn animation, I'm just saying the MTV show never used the same shot of a wall collapsing 1500 times).

SEAN
    I'm in total agreement with you Dude...

I think this show sucked really, the older S-M TAS 90s show is much better.
    Yes like 90 X-men it's done mostly for kids so no blood or bad language, Wolverine only ripped robots apart never flesh:-D

This episodes has been floating around on internet for years.
    Maybe they tried to do it for an older audience but i think it's bad work and unintresting stuff in the long run.

S-M need a new show again.
    Last edited by Agentum; 10-16-2006 at 06:13 AM.

I loved the series and i have the first and sadly only season on DVD. My dad stole it, or i left it when i moved out, so ill definantly watch some episodes on youtube.

Ive also been watching he new FF TAS, which is growing on me.

Crumbs. Some hot emotions over the MTV Spidey.

I liked it. Bought the DVD. What can I tell you. I even appreciated the attempt to make CGI humans look more cartoonish instead of making them look "perfect" (ha!)

Dont you mean Bizarro? Captain Murphy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth Phantom
    Carnage was "draining" energy out of people, instead of killing them. Lazer guns everywhere.