Default CBR NEWS: PREVIEW: "The Omega Men" #2

DC Comics has provided CBR News with a preview of the November 15th shipping title "The Omega Men" #2 by Andersen Gabrych and Henry Flint.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...em.cgi?id=8601
    -- Jonah Weiland
    Executive Producer, CBR
    - CBR - Twitter -

On a throne atop a mountain of lesser men.

Man, I'm so pumped about this book! Over in Green Lantern Corps, and back in Green Lantern Corps: Recharge and Adam Strange: Planet Heist, they've started revisiting the Vegan system and the conflicts within it. And Gibbons, who worked on the original Omega Men book, recently set up a plot that will probably lead into the new mini.

The art looks great, and Flint was a great choice. He's definitely got the detail necessary to make a space book great, just like Gibbons. No idea who the writer is, though. Never heard of him before. I'll check it out, definitely, 'cause I love the Omega Men (and all of DC's depressingly underused space characters).
    Go !@#$ yourself.

The writer wrote a big chunk of the Batgirl series for DC.

I didn't collect the book, but from the few issues I DID read here and there it was pretty solid.

And he seems very passionate...I'm definitely in it for the long haul.

Andersen Gabrych also wrote a Batman title for awhile. Beyond his writing, he's an actor who's had parts in Edge of 17, Law & Order, the Sopranos, Gypsy '88, and Another Gay Movie.

IIRC, Henry Flynt worked on Grimjack some years back.

The book looks fantastic, and I can't wait to read it!

Civilly disobeying the law of gravity.

I was a big fan of Grimjack, but I wasn't a big fan of Flint Henry, as he called himself back then. He had serious potential, but his work usually looked sloppy and cluttered. His action scenes were certainly dynamic, but the eye was overwhelmed by too many objects in each panel and no particular focus.

I see those same problems in these preview pics, plus his figures have become extremely bulky. John Stewart's elbow looks nearly as big around as his waist, which is fairly bizarre. The faces of the Omega Men are interesting, and somehow remind me of Mignola's work on Hellboy. But overall, I consider this below average artwork.

Oddly enough, Flint did draw one of my all-time favorite pictures of Grimjack:

He is capable of fantastic artwork if only he took his time and worked more carefully.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

Veteran Member

The artistic style of the book looks pretty bad...

[QUOTE=Shellhead]I was a big fan of Grimjack, but I wasn't a big fan of Flint Henry, as he called himself back then.QUOTE]

Flint Henry is not Henry Flint. They are two different artists. Henry Flint lives in England somewhere.

Default Henry Flint...Flint henry

Flint Henry worked on Grimjack not Henry Flint. They are two different artists.

I quite liked Flint's art in the first issue: Reminds me of a mix of Howard Chaykin, Doug Mahnke's work on Frankenstein, and maybe a little bit of Walt Simonson. Great style for scifi and freaky aliens - the spider aliens were pretty awesome.

I haven't been this excited about a comic book in a long long time - seriously, if I get psyched any further I just might pee my pants ;)

Maybe Flint has gotten better with age! That cover looks good to me.