Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Martian Manhunter #3 *SPOILERS*

Martian Manhunter #3

The story starts of with J'onn talking about how Earth now feels alien to him and he misses Mars the way it used to be.

inside the building they are hiding there is a argument about the way they handeled themselfs in issue 2, it also turns out that Alex Furgason (he he football referance again) isnt dead as he never got on the plane, he is infact in his appertment room thinking about what could have happend to him.

It also tuns out that anyone who was left alive and knew about the martians is now dead and the guy in charge of the project is looking for one of J'onns human forms.

J'onn feels guilty about whats happend (or cold happen) to Alexand is seen looking for him by using his telepathy in space on the whole earth.

We then see that Alex is taping a confesion in his appartment about everyting he knows or thinks he knows about whats going off, he then goes off to find William Dyer (j'onn in human form) only to be seen by the same agency that was tryin to kill him last issue, after J'onn gets a alarm aboutAlex breaking into his office he speeds off to find him only to meets some big ass flying robots that have to power to hurt J'onn (Napalm will do that), after he recovers he finds Alex's dead body and turns to the only 3 people he can trust.

As J'onn talks to Superman, Bantman and Wonder Woman it becomes appartent that they wouldn't go about things the same way as J'onn did and J'onn flys off leaving the 3 alone in the blood stained lab.

It finises with the Director talking to some assembled heros about ways to stop J'onn.

Wow I have brought 3 issues of this and im yet to be excited about whats happening, I know the first 4 issues are the start of the story and the last 4 are the fall out but so far the set up has been slow and it isn't that interesting.

I have just skimmed over the review for this issue and it contains about more than i could be arsed to type.
    Last edited by Joe-Dono; 10-12-2006 at 08:50 AM.

Just drop the title and save your money for better written books. This garbage is not worth the paper it is printed on.

this is awful crap... there goes friend martian to i can suck on a nut martian... oh and trash his friends for agez... im hoping he changed back after being hit on the head by a frying pan... but ah one can only hope...
    oh and apparently by the looks of his friends that visit him, it looks like Zatanna is the secret 11th member of the JLA team... would explain the Z and Batman moment they shared in detective...hmm...

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

I hope DC realized that a promotion like the "Brave New World" book only works if the content and the series it spawns bring the quality. Much like Marvel's "Howling Commmandos" previews, I am sure more people were put off from buying most of these books than inspired to pick them up.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Disappointment.

JJ is so far out of character that he is unrecognizable.

He is siding with the murdering Martians. He is moving away from the League.
    What happened to his heart and soul?

I am afraid that this alienation approach will have the same effect on the fan base than on the character.

I really hope that this book will make an about turn, very fast, before a classic character is lost.

JJ has been around for just over 50 years now. Where’s the love and respect?

As long as nobody buys the book and sales bomb, DC will realise that AJ whatshisname is a hack writer and will not assign him another book and then eventually DC will ignore the changes and restore back the martian manhunter that we love.

World's Favorite Orphan Frankie Dennis's Avatar

This thing sounds like a train wreck, I'm glad I dropped it after the first issue.

5th Dimension. (The hyper-proto-space-time zone beyond your understanding, not the 70s group)

I would like to read Martian Manhunter, but every time I try I just start wondering why Jonzz has declared war on Manchester United. Did they steal all the Oreo cookies of the world? Why did Rio Ferdinand change his sex? These questions distract me and don't let me follow the story.

Thumbs up

Excelllent story so far, I understand why DC editorial felt they needed Superman to be more unique, and why they also seem to feel that Red Tornado is better suited to filling the role of outsider in the JLA. So this story just feels right to me, which is a huge turnaround from how I felt after seeing the previews.

Now I really need to see those 52 stories with J'onn that explain why he's so pissed off.

government's watching you matt levin's Avatar
    western Massachusetts, USA; rural, river valley

Sadly, I have to add my disappointment to the list.
    I liked a MM story from a while back in which he was a 'human' detective.
    I liked the MM when he was with the JL; especially the (ahem) cartoony series.
    This, this, alas, bores me. #3 is my last.

Matt
    Walking Man Comics

Age/Bronze-A.S.Westrn-AstroCity-Amelia-CourtneyC.-Brody'sGhost-DD-Dial H-Fables-Fatale-Fell-Goon-Groo-Hellboy-Mudman-NextWave-Rocketeer-StarDrop-Thief-Usagi-Wolff/Byrd-Unwritten

Wacktose Intolerant monkeysweat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xero
    Excelllent story so far, I understand why DC editorial felt they needed Superman to be more unique, and why they also seem to feel that Red Tornado is better suited to filling the role of outsider in the JLA. So this story just feels right to me, which is a huge turnaround from how I felt after seeing the previews.

Now I really need to see those 52 stories with J'onn that explain why he's so pissed off.
    Apparently we're in the minority of people actually liking this story.

Melancholic, melodramatic Count Vertigo's Avatar

I'm enjoying the series very much. I like the fact there is more drama than action.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeysweat
    Apparently we're in the minority of people actually liking this story.
    Count me in, too.

I dropped the book after issue number 2 and I think I'm glad I did. I thumbed through #3 last week and was uninterested.

Maybe if the 52 story that explains all this is phenomenal, I can forgive this miniseries. Otherwise, that's $3 that could go to a better comic.

Veteran Member

I actually think the story is interesting, if it were about a Martian not named J'Onn J'Onzz, I think it would be well received. But J'Onn seems to drastically out of character (and a bit sudden of a change) that it does seem jarring.

The reason they changed J'Onn is simple though--his last two series with him acting like himself didn't really sell...thus they are trying something different.