Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default New X-Men #31 - Summary and Spoilers!!!

So we open with the Cuckoos trying to find the New X-Men with a mad Val Cooper at their side. One of our three blonde foxes finally finds them in Forge's home in Texas, and realizes they're fighting Nimrod. She immediatly contacts Emma, who is with Scott in a Blackbird off to the Wedding of The Century(!!!)

In Texas, the New X-Men are all under the ground, with only Rockslide keeping the building to fall apart in his back. Julian and Forge are in pretty bad shape. They all realize they have to destroy the bing pink robot before it reaches the Institute and kills all of the remaining mutants (remember that Cyclops had this fabulous idea of putting all mutants camping at Xavier's?).

Nimrod appears. It blows everything up and the New X-Men are thrown away from each other. Nimrod turns to Julian, ready to kill him with his ultra-powerful pink ray. Santo sees this and has a flashback to the "bus night". He freezed that night and Brian died. He wont do the same again. He gets between Julian and Nimrod and is blown in pieces, apparently. Cessily cries as she yells "Santo!!".

Outside the buiding, clever David runs to the broken jet and start looking for something X-23 brought.

The New X-Men are all attacking Nimrod, while Cess try to find Rockslide's pieces. We can only see part of his head on the ground. Nori is down and Nimrod is ready to exterminate her, but something nearly blows his head. Look, is David with a big frickin' gun!! He then embraces Nori, protecting her with his body. They will die together as Nimrod gets once more ready to shoot. Only wait! Julian is back to action. He attacks the big robot.

While Julian and Dust are distracting the enemy, the rest of the team talk. They realize it's a suicide mission, but they need to destroy Nimrod. The X-Men can't get there on time. Forge remembers that there's a time device inside Nimrod. If they can overload it, it can take Nimrod from inside out. Nori is all for it. She'll overload the "Pink". Time for some team action. X-23 opens the "chest" of the robot, but it reacts with a big (like real big) ray of energy(?) that burns Laura into almost a skeleton. Cessily comes from behind and keep the robot hole (no dirty thoughts, kids) open. Nori comes is with her powers and overload the big dude. Splash page and all. It then apparently explodes and vanish.

The fight is over. Cessily is still crying over Santo and then the head starts speaking to her. "I hate it when you cry". Hellion then uses his telekinesis to restore all Santo's pieces and he's back!! Yay moment for everybody, except that Laura is pretty much dead.

With the jet broken, Hellion rushes to take Laura to Elixir. He starts flying real fast. He then contacts Emma. She says there's nothing she can do. "Miss Frost. Please! I don't want to bury any more of my friends!" he cries. Emma then opens the part of his mind that control his powers and Hellion gets a big boost!!! The boy crosses cities really, really, really fast. He passes by the ONE sentinels like the wind. He does the same with Loa, Match and Hisako. He finally reaches the infirmary and starts begging to Elixir to heal X-23. Elixir touches her and his dark skin becomes gold again. Laura looks alive again!

Julian: "Are...are you ok"
    Laura(smiling): "Hi."

Epilogue 1: Didn't get that much. Stryker's body was stolen and there's this assassin named Kimura that sounds like trouble.

Epilogue 2: Nimrod's fate.

Yost and Kyle letter to the fans:"Year 2 is going to be crazier: Wither. Selene. X-Factor. Rockslie auditioning new members. Elixir's epiphany. A secret crush. Powers out of control. Girl talk. X-23's past. And then a story we're so excited about, it hurts to not be able to tell you."
    Last edited by Hi-Fi; 10-11-2006 at 11:06 AM.

Bump.

;P

I chuckled when X-23 got fried.

And then a story we're so excited about, it hurts to not be able to tell you."
    Translation: We're going to kill someone! Someone important! But not X-23, because EVERYONE MUST LOVE HER. Maybe even lots of someones!
    Slayven ftw.

"Looksky! Birdplane!"

"SCOTT!" *faints* Zombienorthstar's Avatar
    London,England,UK,Europe,The World,Earth 616

Hmmmm...i wonder what the ramifications of Julian opening the safety barriers on his powers will be?
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2006
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

X-Poster of the Month: March 2007

Chris Yost- Thanks for the review, future-person

Quote Originally Posted by Zombienorthstar
    Hmmmm...i wonder what the ramifications of Julian opening the safety barriers on his powers will be?
    He's dead, of course. Because sacrificing a good character for a far, far, far lamer one is always a good idea.
    Slayven ftw.

"Looksky! Birdplane!"

Shield of the True North CaptainCanada's Avatar

This month on New X-Men: No one dies! (in the end)

Favourite lines:

A Cuckoo: Julian is back.
    Another Cuckoo: He's very emotional right now, you may want to give him a moment.

O*N*E soldiers: DON'T YOU FREAKING MOVE!
    X-23: Okay.

I was expecting to see the remaining Purifiers again; they've got issues to resolve (also, we get an explanation for why Stryker was pardoned by the Governor of New York). Looking over this whole 12-part arc, I still think it peaked in the middle, with the "Crusade" portion; the Purifiers were much more interesting as a villain than NIMROD.

Interesting that *now* Elixir can heal people from near death, Hellion getting his potential unlocked (*le sigh* I hate it when telepaths do a "Sage"), and Laura basically taking Sofia's man.

Anyway, I think I'll pass. ;)

This post is actually a bump for Hi-Fi's thread *giggle*
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

Poor hacked Diamond Lil. Nevets F's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    Translation: We're going to kill someone! Someone important! But not X-23, because EVERYONE MUST LOVE HER. Maybe even lots of someones!
    Somehow I think I missed the part in this post where you are talking about this issue.

Okay for a depowered mutants David is quite awesome.
    Strangly he seems to be more cooler without his powers. But the question is how long can a non mutant stay in the X-men. Including with the increasing rift in the X-men mentality.
    I mean they nowdays more and more talk about Humans as if they are another race. Then there is Emmas screw you humies mentality she showed after M-day.

Sounds like a cool issue, i'll be getting a copy tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    Somehow I think I missed the part in this post where you are talking about this issue.
    I'm not. Try reading the little thing above my post. It's called a quote.
    Slayven ftw.

"Looksky! Birdplane!"

"SCOTT!" *faints* Zombienorthstar's Avatar
    London,England,UK,Europe,The World,Earth 616

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty
    Okay for a depowered mutants David is quite awesome.
    Strangly he seems to be more cooler without his powers. But the question is how long can a non mutant stay in the X-men. .

I love depowered David. If he did have to leave New X-Men id love him to join the main marvel universe.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2006

X-Poster of the Month: March 2007

Chris Yost- Thanks for the review, future-person

Didn't know which to post in so...

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsaso
    Epilogue 2: Nimrod ends up in his first appearance, in Ucanny X-Men #192, completing the circle.
    Completing the circle? there circle has not ended. In other words this is Nimrod's first appearence, (or eariler in issue 22 or whatever) being taken apart by a human.

Okay so i haven't been keeping up with this...don't buy it but read a friends so can't remember what happened recently. Is Nimrod in the new body? the protptype that Forge built or in this big pink self rebuilding unstoppable one?

Eitehr way the New X-men should all be dead.

The defeat of Nimrod sounds a bit too easy. But then recently battles against other killing machines have been as well.
    X-Poster of the Year 2005

Mutant League Winner 2006

Poor hacked Diamond Lil. Nevets F's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    I'm not. Try reading the little thing above my post. It's called a quote.
    I know, mine was sarcasm.