View Poll Results: Which interpretation of Superman has the most "Super" Moments?

Voters
21. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Fleischer Cartoons

3 14.29%
  • Adventures of Superman (George Reeves)

0 0%
  • Superfriends

0 0%
  • Superman: The Movie & Superman II

7 33.33%
  • Superman III & IV

0 0%
  • Superboy

0 0%
  • Lois & Clark

0 0%
  • Justice League

7 33.33%
  • Smallville

4 19.05%
  • Superman Returns

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Most "SUPER" Moments on Film/TV

I've been talking with people from the Supermanhomepage and other sites and noticed the trend (especially myself) that the most "Super" situations and events are occuring on Smallville (in light of the other Superman properties) so I wanted to see what everyone else had to say. I'm going with Smallville, and here are the things that scream "SUPER" for me:

1. "Will" throught the Tornado (S. 2-1 "Vortex")
    2. Daily Planet Super-Jump (S. 2-12 "Insurgence")
    3. REEVE!!!!!! (S. 2-17 "Rosetta")
    4. Super-speeding in the rain (S. 2-21 "Accelerate")
    5. Zod is Jor-El (S. 2-22/23 "Calling"/ "Exodus")
    6. Father-Son Super-smackdown (S. 3-2 "Phoenix")
    7. PERRY!!!! & Tractor launching (S. 3-5 "Perry")
    8. Jor-El flight and Smoking Men empty entire clips but hit nothing but air on Agent Kent (S. 3-6 "Relic")
    9. CAPE!!!!!!! (S. 3-12 "Hereafter")
    10. Awesome Lex and first glimpse of Jor-El/Lara (S. 3-19 "Memoria")
    11. Clark co-swings a tree into some Kryptonian wanna-be (S. 3-20 "Talisman")
    12. Do I really have to say? Yes!! FLIGHT!!!!!!!!! (S. 4-1 "Crusade")
    13. Superman vs. The Flash on a quest to get beach bunnies in Florida (S. 4-5 "Run")
    14. Clark looks like a bad@$$ during the prison fight (S. 4-6 "Transference")
    15. The best Cliffhanger ever!!! & saving the kid during the meteor shower (S. 4-22 "Commencement")
    16. THE FORTRESS OF SOLITUDE!!!!! (S. 5-1 "Arrival")
    17. THE NUKE JUMP!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS FRIGGIN AWESOME (S. 5-3 "Hidden")
    18. Superman vs. Aquaman (S. 5-4 "Aqua")
    19. Clark vs. Brainiac: Round One (S. 5-7 "Splinter")
    20. Clark vs. Brainiac: Round Two (S. 5-8 "Solitude")
    21. Clark bursts through flames (S. 5-11 "Lockdown")
    22. Superman vs. Cyborg [Titans Rule!] (S. 5-15 "Cyborg")
    23. Clark superspeeds to Honduras (S. 5-17 "Void")
    24. Clark trapped in the Phantom Zone/Zod (S. 5-22 "Vessel")
    25. Zod beats the $h!t outta Clark then gets owned Psycho Pirate style [by Black Adam] by the "S" (S. 6-1 "Zod")
    26. Superbreath/Green Arrow shoots the Daily Planet globe (S. 6-2 "Sneeze")
    27. THE JUSTICE LEAGUE IS COMING, C'mon, you know it'll be awesome (S. 6-11 "JUSTICE")

So thats my long list of reasons why I think Smallville is the definitive Superman on the big or small screen and, feel free to debate!
    'I'm the goshdarned Batma..."
    "Be quiet."

Mike D.

- JLA Member-
    JPEG League of America

justice league is coming? gtfo

I think picking up an island and launching it into space while having a piece of green K in your back and surrounded by it as well beats all the Smallville moments combined.

Well, it was fake, it's all SFX, so I can't really argue with your perspective there; but as for the rest of it. He bore into the earth under the island, and lifted it up by that non-K ground, which shielded him from the K-Radiation, until the crystalline structure bore through, toward the water.

Civilly disobeying the law of gravity.

Wha? Where did my original post go?

Meanwhile- that doesn't change the fact that he had the Kryptonite in his back. Superman can't even lift his head near that stuff.
    X-Poster of the Month: January 2005
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

Vote Or Die: 2008!

Master of Funk! Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeangreydp

Meanwhile- that doesn't change the fact that he had the Kryptonite in his back. Superman can't even lift his head near that stuff.
    Your post was deleted for language. This is a PG-13 forum. If you'd like to post it again without swearing, feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by jeangreydp

Where DID your original post go?

Anyway. He wasn't near the Green K when he began lifting it. He was lifting a great deal of rock, which had the crystals on top of it. There are issues of proximity, as well as the likelihood that there was SOME lead in there, which make the feat possible. Once he was in space, where the hold of Earth's gravity was weaker, the crystals had bored through the rock, enough that he was no longer able to save himself, and he plummeted to Earth.

Oh, I see, thanks Bored. You Mods need to get back on the same page RE: language. You go to the X-Boards, and anything goes, other places it's rated G. Consistency makes things easier for the majority, I think.

Civilly disobeying the law of gravity.

Master of Funk! Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ontir
    Oh, I see, thanks Bored. You Mods need to get back on the same page RE: language. You go to the X-Boards, and anything goes, other places it's rated G. Consistency makes things easier for the majority, I think.
    This isn't the X-Boards, nor is it the YABS board or the Community Board where posting guidelines are much more relaxed. This is the Superman Board and the rules are clearly listed at the top in SuperManny's welcome message. Given that Superman is a character that appeals to a much younger audience, we try to keep the language at a level appropriate for all ages here.

I understand that may be confusing for some, but those are the rules of the board and if you really can't express yourself without swearing, then you'll have to sort that out by yourself. I see no need to force all boards to conform to the exact same rules simply because some posters aren't capable of realising that different forums aren't all the same. It's no different than walking in to someone's home and realising that some language is appropriate in the rooms where the adults congregate that wouldn't be appropriate in rooms where children might be listening.

Now, if you have a problem with that, you can take it up with the Super-Mods, not me. I just enforce the rules, I don't make them.

Don't get me wrong, I thought that Superman lifting the giant *kryptonite* rock was cool (evoked silver-age when I thought of it, moving planets and such. But I didn't geek me out even close like the Flight in Season 4 and the Nuke Jump in Season 5, or the Zod fight in Season 6. The flight and fights in Smallville are much more amped up and more "super" in my opinion than anything in SR (except for the Opening Credits fly through space, simply amazing). Again, I am definetly open to debate. I'm just curious what everyones thoughts on these subjects are. And I may just have to update my posting tonight because we are welcoming the GREEN ARROW onto Smallville. Should be fun!:D
    "Be quiet."

Mike D.

- JLA Member-
    JPEG League of America

I agree with xionice that the fight with Zod in the season premiere of SMALLVILLE was more exciting than anything in SUPERMAN RETURNS. But I voted for the first Superman movie. Reversing the orbit of the Earth and thereby reversing time in order to bring the girl you love back to life is a superfeat that's hard to top. I almost voted for the old Adventures Of Superman series, though. In it, Supes split himself into two beings, learned how to walk through solid matter, and transferred some of his ebbing superstrength into a levitating Lois Lane. Oh yeah, he also drove a nuclear explosion back down into the ground!

Assuming Justice League includes STAS, I voted for that.

Superman's gone toe-to-toe with many foes whose strength level outclass the enemies he's fought on any other series including Bizarro, Darkseid, Solomon Grundy, Mongul, Doomsday, and even Captain Marvel.

Superman also used his super speed to drill several holes into the ocean and prevent Darkseid from creating a firepit on Earth.

I would say JLU (which does count) is extremely close, especially the series finale with Batman vs Darkseid's Omega Beams (Batman is the baddest @$$ ever) and the Darkseid/Superman fight does own. Although I would venture to say the Big 7 vs. Justice Lords and then the Flash vs. Brainthor is possibly even better than that. In my thinking, Timmverse Superman is the ultimate Superman, but seeing superfeats in live-action (even though it is F/X) pushes Smallville past it. And again, I love the NUKE-JUMP!!!!!!!! And JUSTICE (Can't Wait!!!)
    "Be quiet."

Mike D.

- JLA Member-
    JPEG League of America

My vote goes for Christopher Reeve's Superman, in Superman: The Movie. Superman's 10-15 minute public debut sequence has YET to be surpassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gernot
    My vote goes for Christopher Reeve's Superman, in Superman: The Movie. Superman's 10-15 minute public debut sequence has YET to be surpassed.

In terms of awe and making you total geek out I totally agree.

Like Dr Phil, but AWESOME Kirayoshi's Avatar
    On the Fields of Trensimore, when no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer.

I voted for Justice League, mainly on the strength of their adaptation of Alan Moore's "For the Man Who Has Everything".

"BURN!"
    Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism!