Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Pipeline PREVIEWS Podcast: Saturday, 07 Oct 2006

I just finished editing it. Of course, it was recorded in two parts and I have yet to figure out how to merge the two parts in Garageband. That's tomorrow's first To Do item.

The whole chit chat between Jamie and I lasts almost exactly one hour long.

Wow. We do so go on.

More tomorrow.

-Augie

HA! We're like a comic book sewing circle. :D

Thanks for the update.
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Augie De Blieck Jr.
    I just finished editing it. Of course, it was recorded in two parts and I have yet to figure out how to merge the two parts in Garageband. That's tomorrow's first To Do item.

The whole chit chat between Jamie and I lasts almost exactly one hour long.

Wow. We do so go on.

More tomorrow.

-Augie

bring one file into the other and select SHARE. Garage band will compress them into the same mp3 or aiff file.

I found the problem was that I could copy-and-paste a track from one file to another, but that the master volume changes wouldn't be carried over with them. So I just redid that on the back half and all is good now.

The podcast is up! Download all 27 meg now, everyone!

-Augie

God bless anyone who can manage to make it through the whole thing. ;)
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

So how much do you guys spend in an average month?
    CBR Staff Writer
    www.ComicBookPage.com

I can look that up when I get home, but I know it's less than I've spent in years now. Part of that just comes as occupational "hazards" -- comp copies -- but other parts come from more judicious spending habits. My weeks at the comics shop lately range from $15 to $60, but seem to be settling down around the $30-$40 mark lately. Every now and then there'll be a week with two hardcovers and I'll spike up to $90 or so, but that's not that often anymore, thanks to the glory of Amazon.

-Augie

Quote Originally Posted by pmpknface
    God bless anyone who can manage to make it through the whole thing. ;)
    I listened to the Indie Spinner Rack Dave Sim interview and the newest iFanboy podcast yestedray. I think I can make it through this one.

Should I have my copy of Previews open when I listen to this? Do you just go over the comics section, or do you get into the really back part with the books and toys and magazines and such?

Quote Originally Posted by goman
    I listened to the Indie Spinner Rack Dave Sim interview and the newest iFanboy podcast yestedray. I think I can make it through this one.

Should I have my copy of Previews open when I listen to this? Do you just go over the comics section, or do you get into the really back part with the books and toys and magazines and such?
    Thanks.

You don't really need to have it open, but we do reference a bunch of items. It's not a page by page recap, but instead we talk about topics that inspired us as we looked Previews over. And it is more than just about the comics section. We touch on statues, toys, and posters to name a few. :D
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

Quote Originally Posted by Augie De Blieck Jr.
    I can look that up when I get home, but I know it's less than I've spent in years now. Part of that just comes as occupational "hazards" -- comp copies -- but other parts come from more judicious spending habits. My weeks at the comics shop lately range from $15 to $60, but seem to be settling down around the $30-$40 mark lately. Every now and then there'll be a week with two hardcovers and I'll spike up to $90 or so, but that's not that often anymore, thanks to the glory of Amazon.

-Augie
    That's not too bad.

I've been averaging over $100 a week (after DCBS discount ) but I'm in the process of cutting back big time. I've basically cut the amount I'm getting almost in half.
    CBR Staff Writer
    www.ComicBookPage.com

I guess I generally drop in the low $200's in a month from DCBS with weekly shipping, sometimes a little higher. I also buy a handful of titles (10-12?) from my local shop.

If you count in busts and statues that I buy, I've recently been pre-ordering them even cheaper than I can get through DCBS so that $'s somewhat seperate. But I'll get 1 or 2 mini-busts a month on average.

AND - Aside from that I play on ebay a bit or dive into back issue bins, so I may drop a few bucks that direction each month too.

I don't have access to it now, but I'll post a month's complete order later. If you want to see a sample of what we buy each week check out any thread on this board that has "Shopping List" in it! :D
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

Great job on the podcast, guys. It was nice to hear some back and forth interaction. Plus, you both approach previews differently and we (the listener) get more from the podcast due to that. Maybe you could do this with every Previews?

-13th
    Check out my artwork here: Thirteenth Story Art

Just checking the spreadsheet I keep -- it looks like my weekly comics take is about $15-$30 before any trades or hardcovers. Obviously, one of those would double the spending, just about.

13th - Thanks. Doing this again in the future is a definite possibility. I'm looking at other ways to bring even more people into the podcast, too, but we'll see how that goes in the next couple of weeks. . .

-Augie

Quote Originally Posted by 13th
    Great job on the podcast, guys. It was nice to hear some back and forth interaction. Plus, you both approach previews differently and we (the listener) get more from the podcast due to that. Maybe you could do this with every Previews?

-13th
    Thanks 13th! Your check is in the mail. :D

Here is a sample of what I order every month. Keep in mind that I also get a few books at a LCS (stuff like: ASM, the 2 core X-books, Cap, Ult Spidey, Ult X-men, Ult FF, FF, DD, Runaways, Hulk).

Bags and boards per book for September books (with BCW ProBags and New Boards)
    100 BULLETS VOL 10 DECAYED TP (M)
    AGENTS OF ATLAS #4
    ALL NEW OFF HANDBOOK MARVEL UNIVERSE A TO Z #11
    AMAZING SPIDER-GIRL #2
    ANNIHILATION #4
    ASTONISHING X-MEN #19
    ASTRO CITY THE DARK AGE BOOK TWO #2
    BEYOND #5
    BLACK PANTHER #22
    BLADE O/T IMMORTAL SHORTCUT VOL 16 TP (M)(C:1-1-2)
    BULLET POINTS #1 *Special Discount*
    CABLE DEADPOOL #34
    CAPTAIN AMERICA #24
    CASANOVA #6(M)
    CIVIL WAR #7
    DOCTOR STRANGE OATH #2
    ESSENTIAL CAPTAIN AMERICA VOL 3 TP
    ESSENTIAL MANTHING VOL 1 TP
    ESSENTIAL UNCANNY X-MEN VOL 1 TP (STAR16447)
    FABLES VOL 8 WOLVES TP (M)
    FANTASTIC FOUR FIRST FAMILY TP
    FANTASTIC FOUR THE END #1 *Special Discount*
    FANTASTIC FOUR THE END #2
    FRANK MILLERS ROBOCOP TP (M) *Special Discount*
    FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #14
    FURY PEACEMAKER TP
    GIRLS VOL 3 SURVIVAL TP (M)
    HEROES FOR HIRE #4
    IMMORTAL IRON FIST #1 *Special Discount* Limit 2 at 75% off
    IRON MAN #14
    IRREDEEMABLE ANT-MAN #2
    JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED #27
    LADY DEATH VS WAR ANGEL WRAPAROUND CVR #1
    MARVEL LEGACY 1980S HANDBOOK
    MOON KNIGHT #7
    MS MARVEL #9
    NEXTWAVE AGENTS OF HATE #10
    OFFICIAL HANDBOOK O/T INVINCIBLE UNIVERSE #1 *Special Discount*
    POWERS VOL 10 COSMIC TP (M)
    PREVIEWS VOL XVI #11 *Special Discount* Includes a FREE Marvel Previews * Limit 1 per customer
    PUNISHER XMAS SPECIAL
    SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN #32
    SPIDER-GIRL VOL 7 BETRAYED DIGEST TP
    SPIDER-MAN FAMILY FEATURING SPIDER CLAN
    SQUADRON SUPREME VOL 1 PREWAR YEARS PREMIERE HC *Special Discount*
    STAN LEE MEETS SILVER SURFER
    TAROT WITCH OF THE BLACK ROSE #41(M)
    THUNDERBOLTS #108
    ULTIMATE POWER #2
    UNION JACK #3
    Weekly shipping for September 2006 orders inside the US
    WOLVERINE ORIGINS #8
    X-FACTOR #13
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

Quote Originally Posted by pmpknface
    I guess I generally drop in the low $200's in a month from DCBS with weekly shipping, sometimes a little higher. I also buy a handful of titles (10-12?) from my local shop.

If you count in busts and statues that I buy, I've recently been pre-ordering them even cheaper than I can get through DCBS so that $'s somewhat seperate. But I'll get 1 or 2 mini-busts a month on average.

AND - Aside from that I play on ebay a bit or dive into back issue bins, so I may drop a few bucks that direction each month too.

I don't have access to it now, but I'll post a month's complete order later. If you want to see a sample of what we buy each week check out any thread on this board that has "Shopping List" in it! :D

I get my books from DCBS and highly recommend them. They do a great job getting me my comics. The 40% off for the main publishers with DCBS is really great discount.

Here is most of what I've been getting recently...

I'm in the process of trying to cut back on my spending due to some financial concerns. That and I'm just getting too damn many comics books. Last week I got 30 comics and the week before I got 40. I'm filling a short box a month and need to slow that down substantially as I'm starting to run out of space to put them.
    CBR Staff Writer
    www.ComicBookPage.com