Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default CBR NEWS: Ellis Gets Thunderstruck: Brevoort talks "Thunderbolts"

Issue #110 of "Thunderbolts" hits in January 2007 with some changes to the tile: new members and the new creative team of Warren Ellis and Mike Deodato. CBR News spoke with T-Bolts editor Tom Brevoort about the book and the coming changes.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...em.cgi?id=8556
    -- Jonah Weiland
    Executive Producer, CBR
    - CBR - Twitter -

DEATH THREAT TO SPIDER-MAN AND HIS SUPPORTING CAST!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kefky
    Are you serious? Osborn's probably the craziest and most unstable member of the team. Okay, Bullseye is still worse, but just a notch. He normally might have leadership skills, but in his current state, there's no way the team could even remotely work. And I doubt people like Songbird and Moonstone would take orders from him, since they're perfectly sane.

Plus, the DC fanboys would make even more silly "secret six" comparisons. ;)
    If the team's government-run, as it seems to be, then Songbird will probably be calling the shots.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Geez... how on earth does anyone in government rationalize putting the freaking Green Goblin in charge of the TBolts?

They want Captain America behind bars while the Green Goblin is publically leading superhero teams? That's just weird all around.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Pullmann
    If the team's government-run, as it seems to be, then Songbird will probably be calling the shots.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...em.cgi?id=8556

As regular readers of "Thunderbolts" know, it takes a strong, often manipulative personality to hold the team of former villains together and under Ellis the T-Bolts will have a leader that could give Machiavelli lessons. "The person who's been put in charge of the Thunderbolts program is Norman Osborn," Brevoort said.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

This is gonna be a trainwreck. A FUN trainwreck, but a trainweck it will be.

Ugh, Ellis writing the Thunderbolts makes me wanna hurl.

Oh, well...at least I will save 3.00 dollars a month after issue # 109.

YES! I love Ellis. And he is bringing back my favorite T-bolt (Moonstone) and keeping my two others around (Songbird and R-man)! I am just sad Zemo is not around.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac
    Geez... how on earth does anyone in government rationalize putting the freaking Green Goblin in charge of the TBolts?

They want Captain America behind bars while the Green Goblin is publically leading superhero teams? That's just weird all around.
    Interestingly none of those villains are even Cap's villains.

Look at Penance: A heavily armored , seemilngly male figure with no face...will this "mystery" be revealed a year from now, and will Penance turn out to be a skinny female ninja-like fighter?:)

BTW....I will pass on this.
    I hate Ellis' Nextwave and I loved T-bolts the way Nicieza was writing it.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    YES! I love Ellis. And he is bringing back my favorite T-bolt (Moonstone) and keeping my two others around (Songbird and R-man)! I am just sad Zemo is not around.
    Fabian is writing a mini that revolves around Zemo titled Zemo: Born Better.

So Zemo fans still have a place to read about Zemo.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

I'm very excited, and at the same time, very afraid of this.

There's no way Norman Osborn could lead this team. At all. Unless they completely brainwash him and give a different personality.

I've been fairly Ellis-fatigued lately, but Nextwave is great, great comics. And I love Thunderbolt comics not written by Busiek or Nicieza. I'll try it if only to show my support for this sort of risk-taking.
    Things My Students Say

Here Comes a Regular (the life of a boozer) UPDATED 8/18/11: 9C, depression, bluegrass, Charlie Day

Quote Originally Posted by Kefky
    I'm very excited, and at the same time, very afraid of this.

There's no way Norman Osborn could lead this team. At all. Unless they completely brainwash him and give a different personality.
    I wonder if the first story arc won't be about the team breaking away from GG the same way the TBolts initially broke away from Zemo.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

I'm very intrigued by this.
    Thunderbolts is one of the msot interesting teams out there and Norman leading it will definately be a new direction for the character.

Can't wait.