Default What Is It Called!?!?

i used to have a comic and i dont remember what it was called.. well it wasnt exactly a comic but kinda.. it was like a few comic like books that had almost every comic book character and their bios type thing... anyone have a clue what im talking about??

Forgive Friedrich's Debt Aaron Kashtan's Avatar

Sounds like it could be either Who's Who in the DC Universe or the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe.
    Aaron Kashtan | Formerly Sir Tim Drake
    Classic Comics Forum Moderator Emeritus
    COTM MC Emeritus
    Brittain Fellowship | UF Comics Studies | Examples of my work
    ---
    "Meanwhile, a puppy that fell down a storm drain on Proxima Centauri was rescued by a trained slith, which unfortunately then ate it. And now, sports."

no i looked at those just now it wasnt just one book it was a few and t wasnt just one comic universe it was all of them together

I had (might still have, somewhere) a book called something like "An encyclopaedia of comics", or "who's who in the comics" or something along those lines. It was a paperback, about an inch thick that contained an alphabetical list of an awful lot of comics and characters, from various companies.

it wasnt one book.. it was a set of books, around the size of a graphic novel..
    and there was one for each letter or a small set of letters.. there were quite a few... sorry im being so difficult :p

Quote Originally Posted by josyd
    no i looked at those just now it wasnt just one book it was a few and t wasnt just one comic universe it was all of them together
    Who's Who and OHOTMU weren't just one book. They were both series.
    "I don't care if they have definite connections to the boy scouts. They have Weapon X - I want him back. We spent a lot of money and resources developing and training him - not to mention your group as well - I won't see it thrown away."
    - Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, April 1979

Unfortunately, Wolverine escaped to the U.S. with the X-Men. Soon after this stunning debacle, Trudeau's Liberal Party would go down to defeat in the May 1979 election.

Default Oops

i think i was wrong.. maybe it was OHOTMU .. im gonna see if i still have them at my moms tomorrow after work.. but i think it was ohotmu now.. (sorry :D)

Where're the cookies? swinebread's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by josyd
    i think i was wrong.. maybe it was OHOTMU .. im gonna see if i still have them at my moms tomorrow after work.. but i think it was ohotmu now.. (sorry :D)
    The 1st 2 series of OHOTMU have been published as Essential Guides.

and DC Who's Who is coming soon as Showcase Presents

Was it The Encyclopedia of Super-Heroes by Jeff Rovin? That one fits your description.

EDIT: Oops. Read the rest of the thread. Never mind.

Cei-U!
    I summon my library!
    It's hardly a secret that something is badly wrong with me. - Dan B. in the Underworld
    I am ... a condescending prick sometimes. But I usually mean to be. - Paradox
    I'm not infallible. I just act like it. - Me