Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

So.. is Miss Arrow the spider creature from The Other?

Probably not, if Beck is correct with all his talk about her masters, but maybe she wasn't feigning ignorance. It'll definitely be interesting to see where this goes.

Post altered because I don't know how to do invisible text. I'll just say Miss Arrow's identity is pretty obvious if you study her name a bit more closely.
    Last edited by TassleTREX; 10-05-2006 at 03:02 AM.

Yeah besides from that being a very obivious red herring.

She is the Female Other creature made from Spideys old skin.

He "stingers" were exactly the same as Spideys.

That might be it, but they don't really look the same in the first shot (They look more "bony" and less "Spiky") Also if you check her silhoutte in the panel when she's only silhouetted she looks very much like Marrow... I'm not saying either way, but it would be much more interesting, which is why I hope it's true :p

Quote Originally Posted by TassleTREX
    Post altered because I don't know how to do invisible text. I'll just say Miss Arrow's identity is pretty obvious if you study her name a bit more closely.
    To do invisible text (where we have to highlight) just use [soil]Text goes here[/soil], except with "spoil" instead of "soil.'

trouble knows your name reggiegold's Avatar

Ah. M.Arrow. Cute. I Don't know much of Marrow, except for the one ish of ASM she was in pre-reboot.

I was thinking Ms. Arrow = Miss Direction.

Hopefully someday we'll have only one Mysterio again, he'll re-open the old folks home scam, and JJJ will end up there.

Hoo-hah! Maybe in Spider Girl.

Question

Can someone help me here...

I know Beck is dead... he died in Smith's DD run.

But who are the 2nd and 3rd Mysterio's? When did they first and subsequently appear? Have there always been the 2 of them running around? Did either of them have previous costumed identities???

So many questions!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow
    Can someone help me here...

I know Beck is dead... he died in Smith's DD run.

But who are the 2nd and 3rd Mysterio's? When did they first and subsequently appear? Have there always been the 2 of them running around? Did either of them have previous costumed identities???

So many questions!!!!
    The second Mysterio is Daniel Berkhart, better known as half of Mad Jack. He had once been disguised as Mysterio after being Beck's cellmate. Later, when Beck died, he took the mantle again.

Mysterio III is Francis Klum, a teleporter/telepath seeking revenge on Spider-Man for events in Spider-Man/Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do. He got the costume from Kingpin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro
    The second Mysterio is Daniel Berkhart, better known as half of Mad Jack. He had once been disguised as Mysterio after being Beck's cellmate. Later, when Beck died, he took the mantle again.

Mysterio III is Francis Klum, a teleporter/telepath seeking revenge on Spider-Man for events in Spider-Man/Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do. He got the costume from Kingpin.
    Thanks!

When did Berkhart resume the mantle (title and issue number if you recall it) and when was he FIRST acting as Mysterio?

I didn't read Spidey-Black Cat so that's why I didn't know about Klum.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow
    Thanks!

When did Berkhart resume the mantle (title and issue number if you recall it) and when was he FIRST acting as Mysterio?
    From Marvel.com:

When the original Mysterio (Quentin Beck) was captured and jailed. He devised a quiet, long-term plan, a nursing home scam whereby he would trick the infirm into signing all their wealth over to him. To this end, he made use of his cellmate, Daniel Berkhart, taking him into his confidence, teaching him all his secrets and training him to replace him as Mysterio, even as he engineered his own "death". Berkhart was released, looking for revenge on behalf of his "buddy" Beck, and was hired by Jameson to pretend to be the ghost of Mysterio and capture Spider-Man. He plagued Spider-Man with illusions, even as Peter Parker, by planting an image-inducer on the wall-crawler's costume. Spidey later used the inducer to track down and confront a nervous Berkhart. When Spider-Man wasn't fooled by the ghost routine, Berkhart lost his temper and was easily overcome. Jameson abandoned him when he was jailed and he resented Jameson ever since.

I thought this sucked mightily. And after the quasi-crappy time travel storyline, I think I'm done with this book.

The whole story resulted in...nothing. Mysterio randomly takes over the school for no good reason, and the whole situation is resolved with no real effort on the part of Spider-Man. The "real" Mysterio is some kind of hellish servitor, and Ms. Arrow has bony spikes in her wrists, and maybe has a secret she doesn't remember. Tiny pieces of interesting story floating in a morass of boring, meaningless banter and dumb "challenges" that never really challenge Spider-Man at all. This was a waste of paper.

I'm going back to Amazing. This sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by reggiegold
    Ah. M.Arrow. Cute. I Don't know much of Marrow, except for the one ish of ASM she was in pre-reboot.

I was thinking Ms. Arrow = Miss Direction.

Hopefully someday we'll have only one Mysterio again, he'll re-open the old folks home scam, and JJJ will end up there.

Hoo-hah! Maybe in Spider Girl.
    Which issue of ASM did Marrow appear in? I vaguely remember her having a thing for Peter Parker, but I cant remeber which issue.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboi87
    Which issue of ASM did Marrow appear in? I vaguely remember her having a thing for Peter Parker, but I cant remeber which issue.
    I know they met briefly in a one-shot "Spider-Man & Marrow: Bad to the Bone" I think it was called.

I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of Beck's spirit coming back from Hell (or limbo, whatever) and now being a ghoul or ghost or that kind of thing with actual magical powers instead of his previous MO. It kind of undercuts what the character was all about (schemes, smoke and mirrors, misdirection) to have him now as some kind of undead slave to hellish masters, carrying out their bidding. And the only other explanation (Beck faked his death in Daredevil and this "back from Hell" stuff is all just another one of his acts) is pretty illogical: why pretend to have cancer, and then fake his death in front of Daredevil of all people? What was to be gained by that? And I too would have preferred the Mysterio fight to have had some kind of outcome or conclusion; instead now we have 2 or 3 different guys all claiming the name of Mysterio, none of them with any clear motivation besides claiming said name and not liking Spidey. I don't know what the Marrow appearance was all about. I, too, figured it was the female Other and cringed, but the idea of it being Marrow (Mrs. Arrow, bone claws, makes sense) is just kind of .....well, random.

Vulture's back next issue, so despite my misgivings about the conclusion to the Mysterio arc, I'll be back for that to see what PAD has planned for him.

What kind of rationale could they come up with for Marrow hanging around the Spiderverse? I mean, I'm not that familiar with the character but I don't see the connection, am I missing something? Having not read the issue yet, I'll just reserve judgement, though I suspect it isn't actually Marrow, but rather has some kind of connection to The Other, maybe she is The Other, having emerged from the cocoon in the church.
    READING:
    Amazing Spider-Man | Avengers Academy | Carnage USA | Locke & Key | Scarlet Spider | Ultimate Spider-Man