Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default FNSM 13 (you can see the REVIEW & SPOILERS through the hole in Quentin's skull!)

Can't believe there's no thread on this yet. Where's the love, people?

Anywho, we begin with Flash getting the kids out of the building, then going back to help out Spidey... er, Pete, and of course the lovely Ms. Arrow.

Meanwhile, Mysterio II and Mysterio III have a face-off, making fun of each other's outfits, which gives Spidey an irony conniption. Spidey shoves Principal Roger in a closet to keep him safe, while the two fishbowl-heads duke it out. II calls III Klum, cluing in Spidey on this. II tosses some snakes at III, who teleports out of their grasp. III counters with an electric attack, which II sends back at him.

During all this, Spidey reads the Bugle's sports page. The Yankees got their butts whipped.

Meanwhile, Ms. Arrow has a nice chat with Quentin Beck, the original Mysterio. Beck explains that "life wasn't done with me," and that after he got "where all suicides wound up," the people in charge decided he'd make a good agent. He also alludes to whatever her secret is, and that her "side" also has an interest in the current fight.

Back in the school gym, II goes down, and Spidey steps in to mop up II. He uses his hyped-up spider-sense and the new suit's onboard tracking to get around the old cloud of smoke, webs up some poison bats, and punches through II's fishbowl to take him out. Which is, of course, when Klum reveals that he was playing possum. He tries to use his telekinetic powers to make Spidey stab himself with a knife, but Flash shows up in the nick of time, grabs the knife, and sticks it in Klum's shoulder. Klum activates the countdown on the remote bomb he set and teleports away, while Spidey and Flash rush to the basement to take out the bomb.

In the library, Beck explains that both his side and Arrow's want Peter to remain at the school, and tells her to make sure he stays.

Peter and Flash reach the bomb, but there's only seventeen seconds to go, and Klum catches Flash in a pre-set noose (who should've kept his hand at the level of his eyes). Does Spidey defuse the bomb or save his friend? Find out next issue!

Just kidding. Spidey does both, using his webbing to snag a convenient oil drum and put it under Flash, so he can support himself with his feet instead of his neck. Defusing the bomb, Spidey says that he's activated cybernetic scramblers in his costume that will prevent Klum from taking control of him again, and that his scanners and spider-sense will warn him if he tries to teleport in. He then confides in Flash that this is all a result of his most dangerous power, his Spider-BS.

Klum, apparently wandering and ranting aimlessly, finds his way into the library, where he takes Arrow hostage. This turns out to be a bad idea, as she stabs him in the chest with her wrist stingers.

Yeah. Didn't see that one coming, did you? Klum 'ports away before she can get in the final blow, so we may not have seen the last of him.

Spidey and Flash arrive just in time to miss everything, and they all go outside, as the cloud around the school lifts. The people who were trapped in the cloud get medical attention, Arrow sticks her tongue down Flash's throat, and everybody gets a happy ending...

..except Roger, who's still in that closet.

Review: This was a good wrap-up to the Mysterio storyline, with some good plot and character threads laid out or continued. I'm glad Peter will be sticking around at the school, mostly because I want to see how his and Flash's friendship develops from here. Todd Nauck, I like, and it was fun to see him and PAD reunite and work their old YJ magic again. He's welcome back anytime.

And really, it's good to have at least one Spidey book that's not a huge downer.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

ok here is my problem with this comic...
    First of all when MJ was attacked by a mutant who was obessed with being Spider-Man, the fan-base and marvel itself eventually cried that mutants should stay away from Spider-man...this was also true about Judas Traveller.
    YET im confused as to why no one is complaining about Klum. He was forced as Mysterio on us and no one is complaining. I honestly think he is a stupid character, and he took the role of Daniel B as Mysterio and that was a stupidier move. More over the fact that The Evil That Men Do is canon is even more ridiculious because Kingpin is in jail in "canon" marvel, so what the hell is going on...

ALSO Quentin being involved with "greater forces from hell" is stupid too, because when the clone saga happened, Marvel wanted to say it was Mephisto who contrived the whole thing and then they pulled back saying it made no sense. AND WHAT ABOUT DEAD STAYS DEAD?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Pullmann
    He tries to use his telekinetic powers to make Spidey stab himself with a knife, but Flash shows up in the nick of time, grabs the knife, and sticks it in Klum's shoulder.
    Klum has telekinetic abilities? Since when?

I guess he mean telepathic skills:)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro
    In the Evil that Men Do #4, he makes Spidey and Daredevil fight each other. Im gueesing you are referring to the knife incident. SnakeEater, Klum is not a mutant. This was explained in the Evil that Men Do#5
    Last edited by bigboi87; 10-04-2006 at 07:22 PM.

whoops double post.
    Last edited by bigboi87; 10-04-2006 at 07:19 PM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro
    Since always.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Quote Originally Posted by bigboi87
    In the Evil that Men Do #4, he makes Spidey and Daredevil fight each other. Im gueesing you are referring to the knife incident. SnakeEater, Klum is not a mutant. This was explained in the Evil that Men Do#5
    Yeah he is. His grandparents may have had the X-gene implanted in them by the Nazis, but he had one when he was born.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEater
    ALSO Quentin being involved with "greater forces from hell" is stupid too, because when the clone saga happened, Marvel wanted to say it was Mephisto who contrived the whole thing and then they pulled back saying it made no sense. AND WHAT ABOUT DEAD STAYS DEAD?
    Has anyone ever considered that maybe, just maybe, this is Quentin actually pulling off another Illusion job?
    -Exit the LoneWolf

Founder of the Latverian Resistance: "Down with Doom!"

EXTERMINATE! -Any Dalek

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf23k
    Has anyone ever considered that maybe, just maybe, this is Quentin actually pulling off another Illusion job?
    One reason that I am not a Mysterio fan. I dont mind red herrings, but Mysterio is one big trick. Im not sure if Quentin Beck is dead or alive now.

I'm shocked that there isn't more discussion of Arrow's stingers. I was like "WTF?!"

Can't believe there's no thread on this yet. Where's the love, people?
    I know! I've been waiting all day for someone to start one. I'm afraid to start threads myself because I don't think I'd do it right.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything much to say right now...

I'll be back later.

Since always.
    I'll just assume Spider-Sense was right because I know he had that power.

Yeah.Nightcrawler even says something about telepathy being "teleportation of thoughts"..

Quentin Beck is dead, they should leave him that way. There's plenty other Spider-man villians around.