Welcome to the semi finals. Please read and consider both strategies before voting on the one you think would win. Discussion is appreciated.
Atom Basher- Exodus, Karnilla, Living Lightning, Phantazia, Karma, Talisman II, Arclight
Jared Humphries- Black Bolt, Gilgamesh, Alpha the Ultimate Mutant, Magik II (Sefton), Harbinger, Hybrid (Marks), Ajax II, Diablo, Aireo
Here is Jared Humphries's strategy-
And Atom Basher's-Start of the round: Hybrid deflecting any initial psionic strike, Alpha teleports my entire team 100 yards behind Atom Basher’s team’s starting location(regardless of whether they teleport away), and 10 feet in the air. Black Bolt immediately creates a solid plate of force for my team to stand on(he’s done this several times in the past). Hybrid directly engages Karma in psionic combat, supplementing his magical abilities and power suppression to aid him. Magick II uses all her might to hold back Karnilla. Though the Norn queen is certainly more physically powerful, Amanda is a comparable mage, and should be able to stall Karnilla while Harbinger makes a beeline for the Asgardian. Harbinger has proved resilient to the enchantments of Odin himself(via Mjolner); he should be able to counter anything Karnilla throws at him, especially with Sefton assisting. Alpha engages Exodus in direct psionic combat. Given that Exodus is a fanatical follower of Magneto, whom Alpha loathes, he has no reason to hold back. Ajax II hangs back, making certain Arclight won’t screw up his footing with her earth-shaking. When the time is right, he will strike. Black Bolt does one of two things: if Living Lightning transforms(and since he starts the round as human, he’ll have to in order to attack my team), Bolt will use his superhuman reflexes and absolute control over the electromagnetic spectrum to either turn him against his teammates, or simply absorb him. If the former occurs, he’ll use Living Lightning for his main goal: taking out Phantazia. Her powers are entirely electromagnetically-based, putting her at Bolt’s mercy. He’ll either use Living Lightning to fry her, or(if Living Lightning wisely remains human) his own powers to overload her.
Diablo focuses all his attention on Talisman. While she’s a powerful mage, most of her feats revolve around manipulation of elements(creating a hurricane to blow away Omega Flight, etc). This works to Diablo’s advantage, as he teleports all four of his elementals to her side and engages her. While she should be able to defeat them given time, they’ll keep her occupied for a while.
Gilgamesh goes to pound on Exodus(or whatever force field he’s got up at the time). Thena, a fellow Eternal, once took a blanket mental blast from Exodus intending to kill everyone within a 100+ ft radius(including his own Acolytes) and kept going. And while Gilgamesh is hardly Thena’s mentalist equivalent, with his physiology and Exodus occupied with Alpha, he should have free reign to bash away without worry of a mindscrew.
Karnilla falls to Harbinger and Magick II’s onslaught of Celestial tech and sorcery, allowing Magick II to tip the scales against Karma. Black Bolt now repeats a stunt he’s done twice before: uses his electromagnetic abilities to control the brain functions of a high-order telepath: in this case Exodus. And Exodus’ fanaticism won’t save him, as Bolt’s dealt with madness before(he was able to invade the mind of the insane and raving Maximus and make him quietly lay down and sleep). With Exodus already occupied on two fronts, he’ll fall easily.
Meanwhile, Ajax swoops in between earthquake-inducing stomps and punches Arclight hundreds of times in the face with steel fists, as Hybrid turns his full attentions to Talisman. His own Dire Wraith sorcery may or may not be enough to take her down single-handedly, but Talisman has shown a very weak resistance to telepathy in the past(Brain-Drain, a D-list brain-in-a-jar psion, was able to force her to release the Ska’ar), and she’s already busy with Diablo’s elementals. Hybrid takes her down one way or another.
If Phantazia or Arclight still stands, Gilgamesh simply pounds them until there’s nothing left. If for some reason Living Lightning avoid Bolt’s clutches, Magick II or Harbinger blasts him. Alpha unleashes a powerful telepathic command to force any enemies who still stand to go to sleep, while Hybrid assaults them telekinetically. Basically, anyone who isn’t shielded physically gets zapped or mauled.
Any shield placed by Atom Basher’s team will likely be struck down when Gilgamesh and Harbinger launch their frontal assault. However, if a shield is put in place, since it will stop any powers going out from it, this will free up Black Bolt from taking out Living Lightning and/or Phantazia(unless they teleport, in which case my team is teleporting away at the same time) to assist in popping the field.
Exodus teleporting anyone into my team’s midst is a bad idea. For starters, my teleporting away should confuse them. And secondly, Phantazia herself remarked in X-men Unlimited #2 that Exodus’ method of teleportation could be detected electromagnetically, meaning that Bolt can predict and counter it.
Alpha should be able to teleport my team away before any initial salvo can reach them, given how much faster he thinks/reacts than human, and given the instantaneous nature of his teleportation abilities.
*Phase 1/ defensive phase/ set up phase
• As soon as the match starts Karnilla uses her asgardian reflexes and teleports my entire team into a TK bubble in the sky that Exodus creates. once there, Phantazia generates a cloaking field that renders my team undetectable, (this cloaking field was enough to block cable from telepathically detecting anyone within the field, so Alpha and Hybrid’s mental abilities should be ineffective, this cloaking field also stopped feral from using her enhanced senses to detect anyone within said field) This cloaking field also disrupts any electronic surveillance, so Harbinger shouldn't be able to see my team either, at the very same time Talisman summons her mystic cloak, rendering my team invisible magically. My team at this point, is for all intents and purposes non detectable. This maneuver, also gives me free reign, to take a little bit more time to set up my attacks, without the opposing team interrupting. Exodus keeps this Bubble constantly moving.
*Phase 2 (directly after phase 1, and all simultaneously)
• Talisman starts commanding the spirits to do her bidding, the spirit world is in complete obedience to Talisman, the northern gods (sky father level spirits) even obey her, so summoning spirits is effortless for her. She summons her magnetic spirit,(a spirit she has already summoned in an issue of alpha flight) her magnetic spirit acts very much like Magneto and Polaris. This spirit attacks Ajax, and Harbinger by lifting them off the ground, bending and contorting them and slamming them into Hybrid. If hybrid is using his powers to try to locate my team, the metal slamming into his body should catch him off guard and do massive damage to him, and if he is using his powers to defend himself, it should occupy all his effort. This amount of damage should take Ajax out of the fight, and occupy Harbinger until a later phase and long enough before he adapts.
• Exodus creates a TK bubble around Magik, and shrinks it, crushing the woman’s frail human body and killing her. If she’s able to stay on the field, her soul sword could be dangerous.
• Within the bubble, Karnilla uses one of the simplest yet most effective spells she can on Blackbolt and Alpha ...she puts them to sleep. She’s centuries old and probably has used simple sleeping spells many times, this should take seconds for her.
• Karma overwhelms the minds of Aiero and Diablo, and uses the brunt of her concentration to control Diablo, while keeping Aiero docile and immobile, If Jared has already had Diablo unleash his elementals, she makes them re direct their full aggression at Gilgamesh, if he didn’t have the elementals attack, Karma unleashes them, and makes them attack Gilgamesh to distract him. She also joins in by throwing any offensive pellets she can at Gilgamesh to slow him down.
*Phase 2 (directly after phase 1, and all simultaneously)
• Exodus lowers his team to the ground and opens up a hole, and lets Arclight, LL, and Phantazta out. LL races onto the field and at sub light speed, and grabs the head of Gilgamesh, (if Gilgamesh is flying LL flies after him) unleashing every ounce of electricity he can into his head until Gil goes down, paired with the elementals attacking him, this attack should be enough to take him down. Karma waits for Gilgamesh to be finished, once he is, she dismisses the elementals, then wills, Diablo, then Aireo unconscious
• Arclight races over to the sleeping Alpha, and with every ounce of her class 60 strength, stomps right onto Alpha’s head. This sheer force should make his head a stain on the ground. She then finds her way to blackbolt’s sleeping body, and crushes his skulls with a powerful stomp aswell
• Phantazia makes her way to Harbinger, (who is still being thrashed by the magnetic spirit) and starts wreaking havoc on him by scrambling the machinery and tech that power him. This shouldn’t kill him, but it will take him out of this fight. (If Ajax happens to still be conscious, she does the same to him)
• Karnilla starts casting a transmutation spell on the distracted Hybrid, and turns him into sand; Hybrid may have dire wraith magic, but can’t hold a candle magically to Karnilla.