Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wizard Sneak Peak at Ultimate Wolverine

Did anyone else see it in the last issue? It was basically just a bunch of sketches from Turner, but they looked great IMO.

Apparently Logan will be sporting a lot of different looks in this series, as it takes place both in the present day and through flashbacks. Turner seems to like drawing him with his hair long and a tiny "flavor savor" as opposed to the "soul patch/chin goatee," but I'm most looking forward to seeing him sporting a crew cut (which was mentioned in the article).

I've always thought Wolverine looked cool with shorter hair that was just slightly pointed on the sides.

Really looking forward to this series.:D

EDIT---Found a little blurb with a sketch (not one of my favorites) over at Wizard Universe: http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazi.../001778841.cfm
    Last edited by rwsmith; 10-03-2006 at 02:11 PM.

Yeah this was in this month's Wizard, it sounds like a really good plan to further seperate Ultimate Wolverine from 616 since having them be so similar defeats the purpose.

I'm the Best at What I Do Sorcerer Supreme's Avatar

Yea, Lokks cool.The sketch looks pretty good to me, Cos I hate the soul patch thing.
    Defenders | PunisherMAX | Winter Soldier

Also constantly picking up old limited runs.

Looks kind of okay. The sketches in the issue itself was good.

I'll pass...

Don't like Loeb or Turner.

I hate how Turner draws with that heavy eye-liner look. He's overrated.

Prepare for war wingsofdamnation's Avatar

whats this soul patch that everyones talking about? that and where did they mention having logan with a crew cut?

yeah looks cool thanks for posting

Quote Originally Posted by wingsofdamnation
    whats this soul patch that everyones talking about? that and where did they mention having logan with a crew cut?
    In the Wizard article they said that, since this series takes place both in the present and through flashbacks, that we'd see Logan sporting a lot of different looks over the years. One of those looks Turner said would be a crew cut, which I think will be pretty cool as we've never really seen Logan with short hair.

BANNED

when is the first issue scheduled to hit.

I wish I knew. All they've said so far is 2007. But, honestly, how long could it possibly take for Turner to draw six issues? If he's starting on it now, I don't see why they couldn't solicit issue #1 for February at least.

I really, really can't wait for this, and am dying to see some preview art or to get some more details. It sounds like this is going to be Wolverine's origin done right IMO. No turn of the century, Charles Dickens type stuff. No bone claws. Just a complete hardcase of a government operative turned into a living weapon against his will.

Quote Originally Posted by rwsmith
    I wish I knew. All they've said so far is 2007. But, honestly, how long could it possibly take for Turner to draw six issues? If he's starting on it now, I don't see why they couldn't solicit issue #1 for February at least.

I really, really can't wait for this, and am dying to see some preview art or to get some more details. It sounds like this is going to be Wolverine's origin done right IMO. No turn of the century, Charles Dickens type stuff. No bone claws. Just a complete hardcase of a government operative turned into a living weapon against his will.
    It can take Turner a while to draw this depending on his health. That's why it's so rare to see him do interiors these days. Hopefully he'll be able to stay healthy and hearty enough to do some great art on this series and have it be a big hit. He deserves it.
    I'm doing a drawing for every DMAX thread!

Most recent drawing: Longshot

I read some of the article and Loeb refers to him as 'James'. Man, even in the Ultimate version Wolverine can't just be Logan anymore.

I still fail to see the point of all this Ultimate stuff. The only book that really took off was Ultimate Spider-man and if you compare it too Amazing you can see why.

I’ve never had a problem with Wolverine being called Logan or James so it doesn’t bother me in the least. Besides the already mentioned his name was James back in the Block Buster arc. I’m to lazy to dig through my comics but I think Sabretooth may have called him James when he was taunting him in the Weapon X arc.

I’m not so sure about it just being USM. Nearly every word I hear about Ultimates is it’s one of the best titles out by any company. While the majority of the words I hear from New Avengers is that the title is down hill. And although I don’t have any sales records to look at I thought the Ultimate titles were selling fairly well.

i just hope they stir away from all of the 616s background and keep it simple and hopefully explore the weapon x stuff and his assasin/merc history as well.

You and me both, curefreak.