Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default WWE RAW Review: " Its DX's Show "

There is no news tonight since I done linked it all. Makes my job easier. So we'll go straight to the RAW Review.

The Good

RAW opens with DX and all. We get a replay of how the McMahon's were destroyed at Unforgiven by DX and all. HHH and Shawn even tease fans with a picture of Vince McMahon's face up Big Shows ass.

Coachman interupts as I'm real happy. I feel sorry for that sorry s.o.b who was forced to watch hours of DX clips . Can you imagine that hell of watching these 2 ?

Coach makes a Texas Tornado 6 man tag as DX is forced to face Cade/Murdoch , Viscera/Haas, and the Highlanders ( BlairH/Gaz ) . So DX completely trashes these guys and then to bury Haas futher they deliver both finishers to him.

They run Coachman off and decide to take over the entire show. God knows we need these 2 in charge of a show. But alas I feel this is where they are going.

Now its time to get f-cking serious. The next match up is Jeff Hardy vs Johnny Nitro. This is for the IC Title and the fans are pretty much behind Jeff Hardy in this one. Nitro and Hardy have a great chemistry against each other and I'm glad to see the WWE push this fued between the 2 very well.

Of course time maybe running out as WWE Reunion is next week and we all know Foley will be there. So they could logically make Nitro drop the title to Hardy tonight and give Nitro a break as IC Champion to fued against Foley.

Nitro is just a great heel. He doesn't have to out wrestle Hardy or put on a showcase. He does enough to get fans behind Jeff Hardy using submission moves. I love how both men do some new offense to each other.

Hardy wins the IC Title as we know that this fued will likely continue to Survivor Series .What a good match for these 2. And I have to give Nitro credit , he and Hardy have a great chemistry in these matches.

It'll be interesting to see where Nitro goes next. Do they fued him with Foley or let him and Hardy keep up their good mid-card fued ? Or do they let it go an extra month to get another good match from Hardy ? Because lets face it...the Nitro fued has really put him back on the map.

DX knock on Coach's door wanting in. They 1st go " Special Delivery " as Coach won't let them in. Then HHH goes " Candy Gram " as he knows its DX. They keeping him hostage is pretty fun as he's locked away.

Backstage we see Jeff Hardy and Maria as he shows off the IC Title. Its been quite a year for Jeff Hardy and this fued really helped him get his star back as a wrestler. Of course Melina shows up and screams that her man , Johnny Nitro will get the belt back. Her screams really stole it as Jeff covers her mouth as she still keeps screaming.

Then we get Coach backstage who gets orders from Vinnie Mac to stand up to DX. He walks out and walks slowly down the hall. He runs into HHH and Shawn as we hear the " Gunfight " music. Complete with sagebrush lol. Thats funny...

Coach runs for his life into the girls locker room as Micheals covers his eyes. HHH hits on Kelly , Torrie and Mickie as Shawn is chasing Coach. He makes HHH follow as Coach now runs into everyones favorite male dancer. Complete from his trip and canning by Sandman he squirts oil on Coach and grinds as usual.

Coach manages to run and falls by a janitor doing the floor as DX show him the trashcan exit literally.

Backstage after this DX inform the Spirit Squad that they are in fact in charge. A new dress code was made as well and once Johnny questions them they get informed by HHH his magic sledgehammer has spoken for them. Its really strange to see 5 guys scared of 2 guys and one holding a sledgehammer.

Randy Orton knows cool. He is all about cool and Carlito isn't as cool as him. In fact he spells out cool for Carlito: RKO.

Orton vs Carlito is pretty solid for how short it is. Randy gets control awhile by hurting Carlito's arm. Then the momentum swings as Carlito starts busting out moves and it looks like he's on his way til Randy holds the tights for the win.

Of course along the way to Edge vs Cena were seeing tons of clips of this 8 to 9 month fued. At one point we see Edge cost Cena the WWE Title at ECW: ONS II. In all its a fued that made Cena a credible Champion and actually got him face heat. Unlike the fueds with Kurt Angle and HHH that the company tried.

Its a shame that tonight could be the final end. Because I'll say this , Cena vs Edge was a great program for both men. And Edge should have gotten to face other face challengers like Foley , Beniot and HBK in fueds before he dropped the title back to Cena as usual.

Cryme Tyme is back again this week with a training clip on " Speed ". The 2 get chased by an overwieght black officer who gets attacked by a rapid dog. This is the funniest damn vignettes in years . I can't wait to see these 2 on WWE TV.

The Spirit Squad come out in their glory as their forced to wear skimpy womens cheerleadin clothes. Nicky gets to face Sgt. Slaughter tonight as I'm wondering who made this decision. Sarge gets the win as HHH & HBK show up on the Titan Tron and distract Nicky .

DX makes the Women's Tournament match into a Lingere match. Its a pretty solid match for Mickie James & Victoria . Of course Mickie misses Victoria and has to crawl up to score the suprising pin. Victoria is less than happy anyhow.

It seems like the focus on ECW has changed as WWE is now airing commercials showing the Extreme Voilence of the shows. Maybe Vince realizes he needs more Bob Holly/RVD type matches than what he airs on RAW.

Eric Bischoff's book " Controversy Creates Cash " is hyped. We see clips of him detailing on how he fired guys. Honkey Tonkman ? He enjoyed that one. Big Van Vader...yep loved that too.

Backstage we see Bischoff and Masters as he is an old WCW fan. Up walk DX and they ask if their in the book as Bischoff replies " yes " and claims that DX were nothing but a NWO copy. Both watch him walk off as Shawn looks hurt. But HHH says that its about who laughs last at the end and they share a comical laugh about it.

Now its time for Cena vs Edge. I have to say Edge/Lita have that whole Shane Douglas/Francine vibe. How they try and keep the title at all costs ect ect. This is the likely finish to Cena/Edge and I'll miss it.

The rules in this is pinfall or escape. I hate escape steel cage matches. Of course Cena is selling an arm injury to futher his SUPER-CENA persona. I guess thats what makes me sick of watching the guy so much. Because he won't lose when the odds are against him and he has to be beaten by 4 to 5 men to lose. If he was booked like Show or Rob Van Dam in ECW it could be nice to watch but when Cena's booked like wrestling jesus its not fun at all.

The match is very good and flows along. Cena goes to nail his F-U at times and Edge manages to work his way clear of it. Near the end Lita is ejected and out comes Cade & Murdoch as they double-team Cena. Out comes DX to stop that and Edge/HHH exchange words as DX screws Edge.

Edge looks on pissed. Next week Cena moves on to WWE Reunion as WWE Champion. Of course I fear for anyone who faces Cena anyhow. Because they'll odds are never look good. Sad....but true.

And poor Edge gets demoted down . It sucks because the guy is their best heel going. And he'll odds are fued against DX with someone awhile.

The Bad

So the Umaga/Kane fued will end next week with one going to Smackdown ? Well , I'm not shocked. They've spent 2 months on it and all we've seen is lackluster turd finishes with them brawling outta the ring ect ect. So now we'll see a clear winner ? Yeahhh.....right. :rolleyes:

Line of the Night: " So your gonna write about how to lose 50 pounds in 4 weeks ? " : HHH to ex-rod'ed star Chris Masters on when Masters told him he planned to write a book on nutrition .

OVERALL: **** Outta 5. 2 good matches like Nitro/Hardy and Cena/Edge to make this RAW stand out. The mic segments and all really drove this weeks show. Hopefully next weeks rematch with Nitro/Hardy is as good as their previous matches and Edge moves on somewhere he'll have a good fued. And Cena...well he'll odds are fued with Randy Orton and make him look like a fool as well.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 10-02-2006 at 08:13 PM.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

good show. the DX spots were funny as hell.

great IC match. nitro and hardy have great in-ring skill with each other.

i have to admitt, the cena/edge feud was one of the best feuds in years. it's making its way to possible the same level as hogan/savage or rock/austin. the cage match was great. but why do i get the feeling cena will be wear the green/black soon.

and before i forget...........................

IT'S CRYME TYME, BITCH!!!
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Cheering the apocalypse DWEarhart's Avatar

Everything that wasn't DX was okay. Yay, Jeff Hardy. Now we get another rematch.

Micki James is gorgeous.

Triple H had the putdown of the night. "What about you, when are you gonna write a book?"

Chris Masters: "Oh, actually, I've been thinking about writing one on nutrition."

Triple H: "Oh yeah. What're you gonna call it? How to lose fifty pounds in four weeks?"

Edge lost. Raw is now a raped corpse.

All Hail Smackdown. ALL HAIL KING BOOKAH!!!
    For what's on my mind: Destination Yes (back with a vengeance)

"Opinions, assholes, and elbows..."

"The internet is the greatest invention for schizophrenics everywhere." - DWEarhart

"Well that was back in the day, and if you weren't there, it doesn't matter anyway because you wouldn't understand." - Megadeth.

"You need people like me. We do the jobs you :rolleyes: morally significant refuse to do."

BANNED

Highlights of Raw

*Nitro losing the IC title to start his depush and Hardy moving on to some real competition. Hardy/SuperCrazy and Hardy/Shelton will be for the best. As the boy stated in the promo.

*Mickie James finally in a outfit showing those cheeks of hers. It's good not to be deprived!

*HHH punking out Chris Masters for the being the roided up piece of garbage he's been for the past 16 months.

*Squad members losing to Sgt. Slaughter. Keep the depush going and then give Cryme Tyme the belts.

Bad Spots of the Night:

Too many DX segments

No SuperCrazy or Benjamin match automatically brings the workrate of the show down

Orton going over Carlito even though Carlito is more cared about and the hotter of the two.

Umaga in another squash joke match.

Too many Edge/Cena recaps.

What the F was Kelly Kelly doing interacting with Mickie and Torrie backstage? STUPID. STUPID. STUPID.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Lehnsherr
    Highlights of Raw

*Nitro losing the IC title to start his depush and Hardy moving on to some real competition. Hardy/SuperCrazy and Hardy/Shelton will be for the best. As the boy stated in the promo..
    He's pretty much gonna face Nitro for now as he also stated. They have a rematch at Reunion. If he retains he may face Matt Hardy. It is called Reunion and the 2 brothers haven't had a good fued ever.

Plus Matt's worked heel and it could help Jeff as did the Nitro fued that really established him as a top mid-card face again.

No SuperCrazy or Benjamin match automatically brings the workrate of the show down
    It looks like they really can't decide who Shelton Benjimen should be as a character. The fact he wasn't on RAW tonight makes me shake my head. Its like they just can't decide on what he should do.

I'd say pair him with Estrada and make him manage Haas & Benjimen as a tag team again on RAW. It could save both men's careers.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1
    It looks like they really can't decide who Shelton Benjimen should be as a character. The fact he wasn't on RAW tonight makes me shake my head. Its like they just can't decide on what he should do.

I'd say pair him with Estrada and make him manage Haas & Benjimen as a tag team again on RAW. It could save both men's careers.
    I demand to see the World's Greatest Tag Team back together as soon as possible. That means tomorrow night's ECW at the latest!!!

What's the point of DX if they're not drawing and not helping to highlight younger talent? They've been burying the Squad, Cade, Murdoch and now Chris Masters.

Cena isn't joining DX. He's been teaming with them at house shows so he can take a break from all the streetfights he's been doing with Edge.
    The two most powerful warriors are patience and time - Leo Tolstoy

I really enjoyed the show last night, to me Raw's been getting slightly better over these last few weeks.

Am I the only one who thinks that the WWE is grooming Mickie James as Trish's replacement?

Don't get me wrong I like alot of the other Divas, Maria plays her role on Raw extremly well, but she's not a good wrestler. Victoria is incredible in the ring but she doesn't seem to be as theating on the mic. She works better as a silent meancing enforcer type(I personally was hoping they'd make her Chyna's replacement in D-X after they reunited). Lita's ok but not as good as she used to be in the ring or on the mic. Candice Michelle looks like she's improving as a wrestler but she still has a long way to go. Mickie on the other hand, has it all down pat; I mean she's stunningly beautiful, as great personal and style, can play either the face or hell role extremely well, is incredible in the ring and is also has excellent mic skills as well.

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare10880
    I really enjoyed the show last night, to me Raw's been getting slightly better over these last few weeks.

Am I the only one who thinks that the WWE is grooming Mickie James as Trish's replacement?

Don't get me wrong I like alot of the other Divas, Maria plays her role on Raw extremly well, but she's not a good wrestler. Victoria is incredible in the ring but she doesn't seem to be as theating on the mic. She works better as a silent meancing enforcer type(I personally was hoping they'd make her Chyna's replacement in D-X after they reunited). Lita's ok but not as good as she used to be in the ring or on the mic. Candice Michelle looks like she's improving as a wrestler but she still has a long way to go. Mickie on the other hand, has it all down pat; I mean she's stunningly beautiful, as great personal and style, can play either the face or hell role extremely well, is incredible in the ring and is also has excellent mic skills as well.
    Preach on!!!
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1
    He's pretty much gonna face Nitro for now as he also stated. They have a rematch at Reunion. If he retains he may face Matt Hardy. It is called Reunion and the 2 brothers haven't had a good fued ever.

Plus Matt's worked heel and it could help Jeff as did the Nitro fued that really established him as a top mid-card face again.

Nitro vs Hardy will end probably next week when Hardy beats him in the rematch. By Cyber Sunday, in early November, it's likely gonna be Hardy/Benjamin or Hardy/Benjmain/SuperCrazy with a stipulation. Melina will continue to get pushed though. Nitro is about to disappear much like Kane will next week thank goodness.

Shelton was the one heel that wasn't getting jobbed out by Cena and to others during the last two months while Nitro just lost the only reason for the writers to keep him around in any form. They booked him to job last week because of his arrogance and that is probably gonna be pushed once the hype for the 3 hour Family reunion comedy is over. They SHOULD pair Shelton with Flair or Estrada but they won't. It's painfully been obvious for a LONG time that Raw does not have the same kind of writing staff that Smackdown has so it's probably just gonna be Shelton/Hardy or SuperCrazy/Hardy in the near future based on title contention merit instead of a rivalry.

Anybody think the NWO might make an appeareance next week?
    I'll be observing over here, UN-style!

There were way too many DX segments last night, there were only a couple funny parts. I dont like how the WWE keeps putting The Highlanders in matches against DX because they are both faces. It was pretty cool to see Rory stand up for Robbie and beat up some heels to show that they are still good guys. Cant The Coach borrow 2 Spirit Squad members for 1 measly squash match?

Happy to see some gold on Jeff Hardy but im pretty sad that he is getting a huge push while Matt Hardy cant seem to even get a U.S. Title match. I geuss the guys at WWE are trying to make sure that Jeff is going to stick around this time.

Hopefully the Edge/Cena feud is over now, its lasted since January and 2 other people have been in and out of there feud as well(Triple H and RVD), its a rivalry on steroids. I dont know where these two are going to go from here though, everybody that could feud with them seems to be tied up at the moment.

The Umaga/Snitsky match was pointless, its not really putting Umaga over because its not like Snitsky is invincable and no appearance by Kane makes it just a waste of time.
    Last edited by SnowTrooper; 10-03-2006 at 04:49 PM.
    Dean: So, what do we do now?
    Castiel: I suggest we imbibe copious quantities of alcohol... just wait for the inevitable blast wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Lehnsherr
    Nitro vs Hardy will end probably next week when Hardy beats him in the rematch. By Cyber Sunday, in early November, it's likely gonna be Hardy/Benjamin or Hardy/Benjmain/SuperCrazy with a stipulation. Melina will continue to get pushed though. Nitro is about to disappear much like Kane will next week thank goodness.
    Why would Nitro dissapear ? He's a good enough heel as mentioned to make Jeff Hardy look good. Last I saw they want the guy getting face heat in matches. Not have little spots with heat. If he loses they could likely book a 4 way Ladder Match at Cyber Sunday with Hardy/Nitro/Benjimen/Crazy and do that. Or go ahead and do the Nitro/Foley fued.

Nitro isn't a Kane or a Umaga. Last I saw he actually sells and does more than those guys.

Shelton was the one heel that wasn't getting jobbed out by Cena and to others during the last two months while Nitro just lost the only reason for the writers to keep him around in any form.
    They were too busy not booking him on RAW apparntly to job him any futher. Unlike last year where he did job to John Cena. If thats what your judging Johnny Nitro on then man I feel for the entire roster as they have all jobbed to John Cena the last year or so.

Nitro was kept around because his mid-card fued with Hardy clicked. It managd to get fans reaction and the matches were very good because Nitro sold Hardy's offense. Which isn't easy because Hardy's offense is pretty comical at times.

They booked him to job last week because of his arrogance and that is probably gonna be pushed once the hype for the 3 hour Family reunion comedy is over. They SHOULD pair Shelton with Flair or Estrada but they won't. It's painfully been obvious for a LONG time that Raw does not have the same kind of writing staff that Smackdown has so it's probably just gonna be Shelton/Hardy or SuperCrazy/Hardy in the near future based on title contention merit instead of a rivalry.
    I really think they should pair Shelton with Estrada to help him develope something. The writers on RAW like character driven gimmicks . Hardy has to have a good rivalry to make the IC Title and mid-card matches worth it. If not its just not worth having around.

Last night was a good show for the fact that we saw a good mid-card IC Title match and a good WWE Main Event.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam T.
    Anybody think the NWO might make an appeareance next week?
    No.

Last Son of Detroit

WRTA / Twitter
    / Bijou In Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Royal
    No.

What he said.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck