Default So, now DC/Wildstorm have Freddy, Jason & Leatherface

DO you think it's possible that any weird crossover/one-shots might happen in the DCU (Vertigo maybe?), or will they just be limited to the Authority & Co.

Personally I would love to see Lobo & Jason fight, see how the JLA deal with Freddy etc.

Anyone else had any thoughts on this?
    U-Go Girl lives & Squirrel Girl is the nuts!

Freddy, being a creature of the mind, could very easily be one that crosses all dimensional/publishin boundaries, being a threat to all the characters of the various imprints. I don't give a damn about the other 2.

Civilly disobeying the law of gravity.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Leatherface would make for an interesting Batman opponent.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    faze (v.): to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; to stun

phase (n.):
    a stage in a process of change or development

Get it right, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ontir
    Freddy, being a creature of the mind, could very easily be one that crosses all dimensional/publishin boundaries, being a threat to all the characters of the various imprints. I don't give a damn about the other 2.
    He could become a DC version of Nightmare. Undoubtedly, though, he won't stick around long.

gaze upon the face of war PastePotPete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien

I'm a complete horror nerd in addition to being a comics nerd.

I'd love to own a Leatherface vs. Batman match-up sheerly for the novelty vaule, but the truth is that the two genres have vastly different rules. You can't really mix superheroes with horror icons. The whole point of a horror icon is that he MIGHT win. He might kill the hero. Suspension of disbelief is gone if he's fighting Batman. You never feel scared. You never feel like Batman is in danger.

Or, as usually happens with any crossover, there will be some kind of draw.
    "People don't want questions. They want answers." -- Plato to Socrates, right before he drank the poison

Melancholic, melodramatic Count Vertigo's Avatar

Shadowpact versus Freddy! Just imagine it!

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I could see a JLA Mini-series with Freddy Krueger. It could be very good. He's killing people in the dreamworld and Sandman comes to the JLA to stop him.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Well, we always knew who Jason Voorheis' mother was; but never got to meet the father of this un-dying terror: Ras al Guhl!!!

Civilly disobeying the law of gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by PastePotPete

I'd love to own a Leatherface vs. Batman match-up sheerly for the novelty vaule, but the truth is that the two genres have vastly different rules. You can't really mix superheroes with horror icons. The whole point of a horror icon is that he MIGHT win. He might kill the hero. Suspension of disbelief is gone if he's fighting Batman. You never feel scared. You never feel like Batman is in danger.

Or, as usually happens with any crossover, there will be some kind of draw.

Dude has a point. It would have to be an Elseworlds kind of deal where DC was willing to kill a hero or two. And marketed as such. Then you get into the sticky subject of dorks not wanting to buy stories that aren't "real."
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by PastePotPete

I'd love to own a Leatherface vs. Batman match-up sheerly for the novelty vaule, but the truth is that the two genres have vastly different rules. You can't really mix superheroes with horror icons. The whole point of a horror icon is that he MIGHT win. He might kill the hero. Suspension of disbelief is gone if he's fighting Batman. You never feel scared. You never feel like Batman is in danger...
    I disagree. I like to see "victims" who can turn the turn the tables or fight back against monster/killer/etc. The way I see it, Horror Icons never really lose, and that kills it for me. Oh sure, they're defeated or chased off at the end of the movie, but you know they'll be back.

I'd love to see something where Leatherface is given a taste of his own medicine. Sure Batman wouldn't get mortally wounded (but he can get banged up pretty hardcore), and you could pick out the redshirts in the story a mile away, but I'd like to see it.

Batman has already had crossovers with Tarzan and Predator. A match against Jason, Leatherface or Freddy wouldn't be that much of a strech. Since Batman has such a strong 'no kill' policy, it would be fascinating to see how he would stop someone like Jason.

I'd like to see a Freddy/Superman matchup. Superman always needs good villains and he would be really vulnerable against Freddy.

I wanna see Majestic put the smackdown on Leatherface just because I'm tired of having a the monster alway be so frikken powerful it's time for them to be scared and the reason i want amjestic si becasue he won't shudder at the thought of ripping his freaking head off! Hell get Midnighter to take out Jason that shouldn't be hard he kicked that guy head off in his first issue.

O and in case anyone cares over at the Superhero Hype boards there's a DC vs. Marvel tournament where this guy posts matches and one of teh matches was Dream (Sandman) vs. Nightmare vs. Freddy and Dream came out on top.
    Last edited by Hellstormer; 10-03-2006 at 05:14 PM.
    Pull List: DC: Aquaman, Batman, Constantine, Justice League Dark, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Green Arrow Marvel: Hawkeye, Uncanny X-Men, Venom, Young Avengers IDW: Crow

Smoke'em If You Got'em Mr. Palmer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ontir
    Well, we always knew who Jason Voorheis' mother was; but never got to meet the father of this un-dying terror: Ras al Guhl!!!
    We never got to meet him on-screen, but it's still canon (via the Hawkes novelization) that Jason's father is Elias.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Vertigo
    Shadowpact versus Freddy! Just imagine it!
    Freddy kills all the shadowpact , they are lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien

Leatherface is just an ordinary psycho with a chainsaw , bats kick his ass easily.