Last week's winner, Cei-U!, let me know that he didn't have the time to put together a quiz right away (we've seen what's keeping him busy - keep at it, Kurt!), so I thought I'd bring in another quiz.
The quiz is perfect for people with photographic memories. You've got to remember certain details from Iconic Covers.
Here is how this works.
Answer as many questions as you can - DO NOT look at other replies before posting your answers.
Answer only once - do not edit your answers at a later time.
DO NOT use the internet for help. That will suck all of the fun out of it, as these will be easy to answer.
There are 2000 possible points at stake. I have tried to distribute points according to difficulty but that's in the eye of the beholder.
The contest closes Friday at 5:00 PM EST, and I'll tally the points.
The winner is given the option of creating next week's questions?
Here we go. Good luck and have fun.
1. Name the 11 heroes on the cover of Batman & the Outsiders #1. 25 points each.
2. Name the 4 guest star ‘portraits’ on the cover of Dazzler #1. 50 points each.
3. X-Men #100 is a classic ‘Face Off’ cover – match the Old X-Men with the New X-Men they are facing. 250 points.
Marvel Girl Banshee
Ice Man Nightcrawler
4. Name the 5 dead Adult Legionnaires who are in the Hall of Monuments on the cover of Adventure Comics #354. 50 points each.
5. DC’s Limited Collector Edition #C-36 is The Bible. What 3 Bible stories are featured in vignettes on the front cover? 100 points each.
6. The cover to Walt Disney’s Comics and Stories #58 pays homage to the America Revolution image of the fife and drum trio http://www.geocities.com/kjlick/fifeanddrum.jpg. What 3 characters are featured in the trio? 50 points for 2 of the 3. 100 more points for naming the 3rd.
7. The cover to Not Brand Echh #2 features ‘Spidey-Man’ smashing through a wall. It also features 5 parody characters from other companies. Who are the 5 non-Marvel characters on this cover (just their ‘actual’ name – you don’t need to know their ‘parody’ name. 50 points each.
8. On the Superman/Flash race cover for Superman #199, there are 9 heroes cheering. Name the 5 that are lined up on Flash’s side of the track and 4 on Superman’s side of the track. 25 points each.
9. Only one member of the JLA is left standing on the cover of the final issue (#261). Who is it? 50 points