View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
8. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • moonknight2099

3 37.50%
  • Jared Humphries

5 62.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marvel League 2006: moonknight2099 vs. Jared Humphries

Welcome to our match today. Please read and consider both strategies before voting for the one you think would win. Discussion is appreciated.

moonknight2099- Super-Skrull, Controller, Vertigo, Thunderstrike, Quicksand, Grey Gargoyle, Spot, Ares, Aragorn

Jared Humphries- Black Bolt, Gilgamesh, Alpha the Ultimate Mutant, Magik II (Sefton), Harbinger, Hybrid (Marks), Ajax II, Diablo, Aireo

Here is Jared Humphries's strategy-
    Start of the round: Alpha unleashes a massive telepathic assault(and moonknight2099’s team has little telepathic defenses to speak of) as Diablo and Magick II teleport inside whatever forcefield my opponent’s team place up, while Bolt creates a protective field around my own team. He also creates a counter-hypnotic pattern if Super-Skrull tries hypnosis(Bolt has managed to hypnotize the Mandarin with just such a trick). Hybrid either suppresses Vertigo’s powers or nullifies them psionically(as Vertigo’s powers are psionic in nature). Ajax goes into super-speed mode and waits for Spot to open a portal. As soon as one opens, he speedblitzes through, with Black Bolt “capping” it off at the end with a forcefield(to prevent, say, Super-Skrull from shooting flame through). Alternatively, given Bolt’s superior reflexes, he could simply dash to a portal and whisper into it, spelling DOOM for moonknight2099’s team. If no portals within the midst of my team are opened, Ajax will simply hang back until later.

Within seconds: Diablo summons his full array of elementals, sending fire and wind against Quicksand, and earth and water against Grey Gargoyle, while also unleashing a full load of sleeping gas on the Controller. Magick II blasts or hacks Spot and Vertigo. Alpha teleports Gilgamesh and Harbinger outside of Black Bolt’s force field, and they go to work on beating through whatever shields my foe has up(Harbinger can evolve a counter to them easily, while Gilgamesh can simply pound his way through with class 100 strength).

Alpha now focuses all his mental prowess on Super-Skrull(with help from Magick II), while Black Bolt focuses on either popping my foes’ force-field, or turning both Quicksand and Grey Gargoyle into unmoving statues with his matter manipulation(considering he’s turned people into stone before, this should be no problem). With the bubble broken one way or another, Harbinger goes after Thunderstrike while Gilgamesh attacks Ares. Harbinger has shrugged off blows from Thor himself; Thunderstrike should be a pushover. If he’s not already blitzing my foes by co-opting one of Spot’s portals, Ajax II dashes in to take out Vertigo, and perhaps Spot and Controller. Diablo now turns the elementals on Spot, Vertigo, and Controller, as Hybrid unleashes a full barrage of telekinesis and power-suppression on Super-Skrull, engaging him with his own super-strength and shapeshifting if need be. Aerio will swoop in to keep Spot and Controller occupied, if necessary, but likely he’ll just take a few swings at Aragorn.

Super-Skrull is now out due to the combined forces of Hybrid and Alpha, who now join the assault against Ares and Thunderstrike with a full barrage of their powers. Black Bolt takes a moment to fry every slave disc the Controller has around, then begins to blast whoever is left standing. Magick II turns her sword on whoever remains as well, as Harbinger unleashes a massive energy blast. My foes go down hard.

Contingencies:

-The elementals should be able to contain Quicksand if she goes into sandstorm mode. Failing that, Alpha can simply use telekinesis to gather her in a small forcefield and contain her.

-If Spot tries the “multiple holes” angle in my team’s midst, or tries sending slave discs through, Harbinger joins in on blasting through the portals, and Ajax simply focuses on taking out whatever comes through while Black Bolt attempts to seal them off.

-If an all-out assault occurs by my enemies at the beginning of the round, my team will focus initially on defenses. The remainder of my strategy, however, will not change.
    And moonknight2099's-
    Phase 1

Immediatly Controller will place a Slave Disc on Vertigo's head. All Vertigo's actions are now dictated by Controller. This should make her immune to any telepathy or illutions created by Jared's team. She will then mount Aragorn and fly toward the opposing team. Aragorn has floan in battles before so he should be able to dodge incoming attacks. Provided Super-Skrull isn't mind controled he will put a force bubble around my team and one around her and Aragorn. They should be able to make it over to the other team quickly. Once in range Vertigo will use her power to disorintate the opposing team. This should break any holds that have been placed on my team. With their defences down Super-Skrull and the others charge in. As soon as they are in range Vertigo will release her hold on all except Magik II. Before Jared's team can steady themselves Grey Gargoyle runs in and touches Alpha and Hybrid turning them to stone. Super-Skrull will place a force bubble tight around Black Bolt and Ajax II to keep both from moving and fighting back. With axes drawn Ares will jump on Gilgamesh. Spot will surround Aireo and Diablo with portals and punch from all directions to keep them from helping the others. Quicksand and Thunderstrike will double team Harbinger.

Phase 2

Controller will get close to Magik II and punch her multiple times. This should knock her out since she was weakened by Vertigo, and Controller has super strength. Harbinger might be able to adapt to Quicksand and Thunderstrike's attacks. So Grey Gargoyle will sneek up and touch any part of him he can to turn him to stone. Without realising he has changed Quicksand and Thunderstrike will still be hitting him as hard as they can. The barrage of attacks should break the stone, crumbling him to dust. Thunderstrike might be upset by this, but would assume it was an accident. If Spot hasn't knocked out Aireo and Diablo then Quicksand will punch them with her mallet hands to finish them off. With help from Thunderstrike and Grey Gargoyle, Ares should be able to K.O. Gilgamesh. This will leave only Black Bolt and Ajax II.

Phase 3

Super-Skrull has been keeping Black Bolt and Ajax II held inplace until the others finish off the rest of Jared's team. Super-Skrull will change the force bubble around Black Bolt to make it only around his head, while still keeping Ajax II in one. Black Bolt is very powerful, but with Quicksand, Thunderstrike, and Ares pummeling his midsection he should be overwelmed and fall. Super-Skrull will do the same to Ajax II, except instead of making the bubble around his head he will make it around his legs. With his upper body exposed, and Ares, Quicksand and Thunderstrike beating him before long he will be defeated.

I voted for Moonknight because of a couple of things I think Jared didn't anticipate 1) without Spot, Ajax couldn't run through the portal as Spot has to navigate the Darkforce Deminsion. 2) Controller and Vertigo would be immune to his psionic attacks, Controllers suit makes him immune to such attacks and with the control disk on Vertigo she would only be loyal to Controller. So even if Alpha's assult hits the rest of Moonknights team, Vertigo's attack would still go off, and this would really dampen Jareds strategy, especially when Magik and Diablo show up and are surrounded by Moonknights team who would be really ticked off.
    Bobby- "What are ya'll talkin' about?"

Andy- "Morning drinking"

Bobby- "For it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff-E
    I voted for Moonknight because of a couple of things I think Jared didn't anticipate 1) without Spot, Ajax couldn't run through the portal as Spot has to navigate the Darkforce Deminsion. 2) Controller and Vertigo would be immune to his psionic attacks, Controllers suit makes him immune to such attacks and with the control disk on Vertigo she would only be loyal to Controller. So even if Alpha's assult hits the rest of Moonknights team, Vertigo's attack would still go off, and this would really dampen Jareds strategy, especially when Magik and Diablo show up and are surrounded by Moonknights team who would be really ticked off.

Say wha?!

this is what I said on Vertigo:

Hybrid either suppresses Vertigo’s powers or nullifies them psionically(as Vertigo’s powers are psionic in nature)

For starters, Hybrid's power suppression ability will NOT be stopped by a control disc. All those do is put them under Controller's mental control. Hybrid's suppression simply turns her powers off. Secondly, his own psionics counter her psionic assault on my team's inner ears. The fact that she's under control by Controller doesn't mean jack there. He's not attacking her psionically, he's counter-acting her powers. Would a mind-controlled telekinetic be able to automatically evade a non-controlled telekinetic's defenses? Hell no, but that's what you're suggesting here.

Also, while Controller's suit protects him from psionic assault, how in the hell will it defend him from Diablo's chemical attack?

Also, Spot only had to navigate the darkforce dimension when he first activated his powers. What, you think he has EYES on his extremities that allows him to send them through multiple portals while keeping his head and torso in the same place, as his comic appearances have shown? When he uses a Spot, he determines the destination when he creates it, meaning Ajax can jsut as easily exploit it.

I don't mind that you've voted for someone else, but please don't contaminate the minds of the other voters with faulty reasoning.

So let me sum this up:

The slace disc. on Vertigo will have absolutely ZERO effect on Hybrid either dampening or countering her power. Sure, she'll be immune to mind-control by my people. So what? That wasn't Hybrid's purpose. I NEVER stated that he tried to mentally assault her, only to counter her power.

And Controller's disc does jack all to protect the rest of the team from Alpha's psionic assault.

So, Vertigo NEVER gets a chance to use her power on my team, meaning Alpha does get to mentally whammy everyone else but her and Controller. Case closed.
    Last edited by Jared H.; 09-30-2006 at 10:19 AM.
    I'm autistic. What's your excuse?

AKA Muffin, Rear Admiral Nerdcock...

Y'know that thing I said that got you offended? I was just joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared_Humpherys
    Say wha?!

this is what I said on Vertigo:

Hybrid either suppresses Vertigo’s powers or nullifies them psionically(as Vertigo’s powers are psionic in nature)

For starters, Hybrid's power suppression ability will NOT be stopped by a control disc. All those do is put them under Controller's mental control. Hybrid's suppression simply turns her powers off. Secondly, his own psionics counter her psionic assault on my team's inner ears. The fact that she's under control by Controller doesn't mean jack there. He's not attacking her psionically, he's counter-acting her powers.

Also, while Controller's suit protects him from psionic assault, how in the hell will it defend him from Diablo's chemical attack?

Also, Spot only had to navigate the darkforce dimension when he first activated his powers. What, you think he has EYES on his extremities that allows him to send them through multiple portals while keeping his head and torso in the same place, as his comic appearances have shown? When he uses a Spot, he determines the destination when he creates it, meaning Ajax can jsut as easily exploit it.

I don't mind that you've voted for someone else, but please don't contaminate the minds of the other voters with faulty reasoning.
    Controllers suit was augmented by Thanos, what can Diablo really do against that? Plus your plan doesn't count for Controller, does he just stand there while Diablo summons elementals? Also you stated that he Psionically attacked her, thats a mental attack, she's mentally shielded. Sorry that's just the way it reads to me.

Also Spots portals lead to the Darkforce Deminsion from there he opens another portal to where ever he wants... don't be mad because you didn't realize that. Ajax doesn't know anything about the darkforce deminsion.
    Last edited by Jeff-E; 09-30-2006 at 10:30 AM.

Andy- "Morning drinking"

Bobby- "For it!"

Controllers suit was augmented by Thanos, what can Diablo really do against that?
    Also Spots portals lead to the Darkforce Deminsion from there he opens another portal to where ever he wants... don't be mad because you didn't realize that. Ajax doesn't know anything about the darkforce deminsion.

So? Controller still has a nearly human physiology. when was it said to have an air filter or a toxin-remover? That's right, it doesn't. YOU ARE WRONG.

And I know all about Spot. Here's what they say about his powers:

Using his space warps, the Spot can instantly move himself or any part of his body from one area to another over a theoretically unlimited distance.

The Spot can control and manipulate the warps to almost any degree he wishes. He can expand or shrink them to any size, or he can join together multiple spots to form one larger warp. The spots are unaffected by gravity and can be placed against a surface or left suspended in mid-air. He can also designate which spots will lead to the spot dimension from those that will instantly lead to another location in this dimension. (cand i make it any more obvious that the bolded/italicized text?)He can create new spots, or close them entirely by retreating into his dimension and pulling the warp in behind him (making a quiet "poit" sound).

By concentrating, he can also revert to his human appearance. When doing this, the spots merge to form one large black void in his chest, though this is easily covered with a shirt.

His preferred method of attack is to surround his opponent with numerous spots, allowing him to punch or kick them from unexpected angles across great distances. This proved very effective against Spider-Man as his spider-sense was unable to detect incoming attacks from another dimension, effectively negating this ability. The same phenomenon was true when Spot flung Spider-Man through a warp and he reappeared in this dimension too close to a wall to dodge. He can also move the spots on his body to protect himself from physical attack by positioning one in the path of a punch or kick, causing the attack to pass harmlessly through a warp.

and here's his history:

Using his space warps, the Spot can instantly move himself or any part of his body from one area to another over a theoretically unlimited distance.

The Spot can control and manipulate the warps to almost any degree he wishes. He can expand or shrink them to any size, or he can join together multiple spots to form one larger warp. The spots are unaffected by gravity and can be placed against a surface or left suspended in mid-air. He can also designate which spots will lead to the spot dimension from those that will instantly lead to another location in this dimension. He can create new spots, or close them entirely by retreating into his dimension and pulling the warp in behind him (making a quiet "poit" sound).

By concentrating, he can also revert to his human appearance. When doing this, the spots merge to form one large black void in his chest, though this is easily covered with a shirt.

His preferred method of attack is to surround his opponent with numerous spots, allowing him to punch or kick them from unexpected angles across great distances. This proved very effective against Spider-Man as his spider-sense was unable to detect incoming attacks from another dimension, effectively negating this ability. The same phenomenon was true when Spot flung Spider-Man through a warp and he reappeared in this dimension too close to a wall to dodge.(see that? Spot flung him through. he didn't accompany him. that means when Spot makes a portal, THE TRAJECTORY IS ALREADY SET). He can also move the spots on his body to protect himself from physical attack by positioning one in the path of a punch or kick, causing the attack to pass harmlessly through a warp.

That's right; he only swam through the darkforce dimension WHEN HE FIRST GOT HIS POWERS. You are WRONG.

And you still haven't explained why you feel the control disc will prevent Hybrid from turning off or psionically countering her powers. Again, you were WRONG here.
    Last edited by Jared H.; 09-30-2006 at 10:29 AM.

And hey, guess what about the Controller?

first thing, here's the info about his powers/armor:

The Controller wears an exoskeleton that grants him mobility, as well as superhuman strength (up to 1000 pounds) and endurance. He uses "slave discs" to control others, draining cerebral energy to magnify his exoskeleton's strength (to as much as 50 tons) and duplicate his victim's abilities. He can psionically control "weak-willed" subjects even without his discs. He flies via boot-jets and has employed image inducers, stun mists, and other technology as needed.[2]

Nothing on making him immune to chemicals...

But here's the REAL killer:

Revived by the world-conquering Master, the Contoller became the Master's pawn against the Avengers and Heroes for Hire.

that's right; the Controller was controller by the Master AFTER having his suit amped by Thanos. As a matter of fact, I even have those issues lying around my apartment. one has the Controller in stasis vat of liquid.

Controller immune to manipulation by others? WRONG.

Hybrid possesses the ability to switch between human and monster form at will. In his monster form he possesses incredible strength; in both forms he can use telekinesis and telepathy, including the ability to take control of other mutants' powers
    That's what is said about Hybrid, that he takes control of their power, not turns it off, and from everything I've read he does so telepathically but with a control disc on her he couldn't do that. Also Controller wears an armored suit that allowes him to go toe to toe with Ironman, something that durable would have to be immune to chemicals.
    Last edited by Jeff-E; 09-30-2006 at 11:09 AM.

Andy- "Morning drinking"

Bobby- "For it!"

Good strategy Jared. Whatever happens I have had a blast in this tournament.

I think it depends on if Hybrid used his power on Vertigo first or if Vertigo managed to get her attack off first. I wasn't sure if Hybrid could attack from a football field away.
    My favorite Charactures are : Moonknight, USAgent, Cloak and Dagger, Darkhawk, and She-Hulk

really great strategies from both sides, but IMHO jared takes it, he pretty much counter attacks the main players on MK's team
    DC League 2007 team Ion Dr Light Faith Animal Man CM3 Guardian Mr Miracle
    Marvel League 2006 champion Exodus Karnilla Living Lightning Talisman Arclight Karma Phantazia

That's what is said about Hybrid, that he takes control of their power, not turns it off, and from everything I've read he does so telepathically but with a control disc on her he couldn't do that. Also Controller wears an armored suit that allowes him to go toe to toe with Ironman, something that durable would have to be immune to chemicals.

And you assume that taking direct control of their powers doesn't allow for him to MAKE HER NOT USE THEM?! WTF?

also, in the latest OHOTMU, it specifically states that Hybrid has the ability to dampen the powers of others. when I get off work, I'll quote the exact phrase if you wish.

And moonkinight2099, Hybrid's range ain't the issue here. His range extends towhoever is in line of sight or within range of his psionic abilities. Unlike, say Vertigo, about whom the following is stated:

ability to render those in close vicinity extremely disoriented or unconscious
    Last edited by Jared H.; 09-30-2006 at 12:21 PM.

and again Jeff, you're wrongwrongwrong about Controller:

first, here's what he looks like:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Controller.gif

see a breath mask there? No? Neither do I. Dude, it's GAS. CONTROLLER HAS TO BREATHE. HE HAS NO FILTER. HE IS NOT A ROBOT.

Secondly, he dueled with Iron Man AFTER ABSORBING CEREBRAL ENERGY FROM OTHERS. If he did that, he'd be rendering Vertigo useless.

As far as his physiologoy goes:

Basil Sandhurst's obsession with control brought his downfall as a scientist when his refusal to obey ethical restraints got him banned from most research facilities. Sandhurst was prone to fits of rage, and in an attempt to calm him, his brother Vincent inadvertently triggered a lab explosion, crippling Basil. Vincent, guilt-ridden, outfitted Basil with an automated lab, in which Basil bonded a super-strong exoskeleton to his body, powered by the cerebral energies from those around him.

See that? Perfectly human.

So, let's see....

Human physiology? Check.
    Been manipulated before? Check.
    Has NEVER been stated to have air filters in his suit, nor even has a mask? Check.

Jeff, you have no case. When you ignore the facts or make stuff up about comics characters, you're damaging not only my credibility and your own, but those of the characters themselves. So please, educate yourself before making unsubstantiated claims. If you want to use your own opinion instead of the facts when voting, that's your prerogative. But using WRONG facts and misinformation is something I take EXTREME umbrage to. I spend a lot of time researching thse characters, and I can back up my claims.

you're 0 for 3 on your claims, dude. please cease and desist
    Last edited by Jared H.; 09-30-2006 at 12:31 PM.

Uh, wouldnt alpha's telepathic assault actually hit Vertigo before, controller even has the time to place the disc on her?
    DC League 2007 team Ion Dr Light Faith Animal Man CM3 Guardian Mr Miracle
    Marvel League 2006 champion Exodus Karnilla Living Lightning Talisman Arclight Karma Phantazia

Quote Originally Posted by Atom_basher
    Uh, wouldnt alpha's telepathic assault actually hit Vertigo before, controller even has the time to place the disc on her?

Yes, yes it would. Alpha is a Reed Richard's level intellect, and a nearly Xavier level telepath. He thinks hella fast.

Also, Controller has to move to place the disc, and he most certainly does not have super speed.
    Last edited by Jared H.; 09-30-2006 at 12:37 PM.

I think we just need to let poeple read the strategys and let them decide for themselves who to vote for. We shouldn't get worked up defending or condeming each others strategy. This is ment to be fun I don't want to see people attacking each other.
    My favorite Charactures are : Moonknight, USAgent, Cloak and Dagger, Darkhawk, and She-Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight2099
    I think we just need to let poeple read the strategys and let them decide for themselves who to vote for. We shouldn't get worked up defending or condeming each others strategy. This is ment to be fun I don't want to see people attacking each other.

I am attacking no one personally. I am attacking error. JeffE was entitled to vote however he wished. As soon as he posted erroneous information for others to view, however, I had to step in.

If he continues to post false info, I will continue to disprove that false info.

If he posts anything with actual support or fact, however, I will debate it reasonably and with respect.
    Last edited by Jared H.; 09-30-2006 at 01:02 PM.