Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dont Let Your Childreens Play In Ball Pits!!

Got this from a friend on mySpace.(see,it can be usefull)

McDonalds, Chuck E Cheese, Discovery Zone... Some of you might not be parents, but you may have nieces, nephews, grandchildren or friends with children. This will pertain to you too. As I read the following, my heart sank. I urge each and every one of you to pass this on to as many people as you can. I cannot stress how important this is!

This is very disturbing news. In addition to the following true story...
    One son lost his watch, and was very upset. We dug and dug in those balls, trying to find the watch.

Instead, we found vomit, food, feces, and other stuff I do not want to discuss. I went to the manager and raised hell. Come to find out, the ball pit is only cleaned out once a month. I have doubts that it is even done that often. My kids will never play in another ball pit. Now read this:

PRETTY SCARY!!

Hi. My name is Lauren Archer, my son Kevin and I lived in Midland,TN. On October 2nd, 1999 I took my only son to McDonald's for his 3rd birthday.

After he finished lunch, I allowed him to play in the ball pit. When he started whining later on, I asked him what was wrong, he pointed to the back of his pull-up and simply said "Mommy, it hurts." I couldn't find anything wrong with him at that time. I bathed him when we got home, and it was at that point when I found a welt on his left buttock. Upon investigating, it seemed as if there was something like a splinter under the welt. I made an appointment to see the doctor the next day, but soon
    he started vomiting and shaking, then his eyes rolled back intohis
    head.

From there, we went to the emergency room. He died later that night. It turned out that the welt on his buttock was the tip of a hypodermic needle that had broken off inside. The autopsy revealed that Kevin had died from a heroine overdose. The next week, the police removed the balls from the ball pit. There was rotten food, several hypodermic needles: some full, some used; knives, half-eaten candy, diapers, feces, and the stench of urine.

If a child is not safe in a child's play area then where? You can find the article on Kevin Archer in the October 10,1999 issue of the Midland Chronicle.

Please forward this to all loving mothers, fathers and anyone who loves and cares for children!

Don't think it's just McDonald's either or that this is something that just started. When my oldest son who is now 9 was small the area Burger King closed their play area for awhile for "remodeling" because in another town there had been an incident similar to the one described above that happen @ a Burger King.

A little boy had been playing in a ball pit & started complaining of his legs hurting. He later died too. He was found to have snake bites all over his legs & buttocks. When they cleaned the ball pit they found that there was a copperhead nest in the ball pit. He had suffered numerous bites from a very poisonous snake.

Repost this if it scares the shit out of you! Repost this if you care about our kids!!!

keep reading

In Florida and other places on the East Coast a group of people are putting HIV/AIDS infected and filled needles underneath gas pump handles, so when someone reaches to pick it up and put gas in their car, they get stabbed with it. 16 people have been a victim of this crime so far and 10 tested HIV positive. Instead of posting that stupid crap about how your love life will suck for years to come of you don't re-post, post this. It's important to inform people, even if you don't drive, a family member might, and what if they were next? CHECK UNDER THE HANDLE BEFORE YOU GRAB IT!!! IT MIGHT SAVE YOUR LIFE! Tell as many people as you can about this serious issue, Repost with the title: ***IMPORTANT NEWS***

Internet rule #1 - anything that begs you to "forward this to everyone you know" is usually bullshit.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

hummmmmmmm.

Retcon Punch Victim StrikeForce Albert's Avatar

thought this thread was about Jackass 2 when I opened it

It's not like I'm small enough to go into the ballpit anyway.

Besides, I don't think British places have ballpits.

Good thing I don't have any childreens. (Is that like chitlins? Mmm, chitlins.)
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Regardless of this particular story being true/not true most places have removed their ballpits because of this possibility. Or, moreover the possibility of dangerous things being left (accidentally or not) in ballpits. Everywhere around here that used to have them (McDonalds, Chuck E. Cheese etc) when my oldest daughter was little- no longer have them. Which is fine with me.

The only downside is I don't have anywhere to leave my hypodermic needles anymore :p

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid2
    If a child is not safe in a child's play area then where?
    Show of hands... who here is sick of this kids-are-in-constant-peril fearmongering bullshit? All it ever seems to do is create bad laws and kids raised in hermetically sealed environments, neither of which is good for society.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Johnson
    Show of hands... who here is sick of this kids-are-in-constant-peril fearmongering bullshit? All it ever seems to do is create bad laws and kids raised in hermetically sealed environments, neither of which is good for society.
    When you are a parent your greatest fear is something happening to your child. Unfathomable fear actually. That being said, I think it is the parents job to decide what situation is and isn't appropriate for their child to participate in, and not to legislate. Unless it applies to a school or a day-care situation where that institution is substituted for a parent's guidance.

Hear, hear. All that does is raise kids with no survival skills.
    howyadoin?
    howyadoin graphics

song of the moment:
    "sao paulo" ~ the deadstring brothers

lost in the cyber dungeon The Xenos's Avatar

I too thought of Snopes and smelled the (BS and vomit).

My two cents is that not EVERY ballpit is gonna be clean. All it takes is one ballpit in one town with one needle or evne jsut vomit, and one idiot to e-mail it around the world. Or it can be just some yahoo making up the story to cause a panic.

I've run into a number of these e-mail urban legends. My mom gets them passed around her office because someone got an e-mail forwarded to them. So the whole office is in a panic about this one issue. It's saran wrap in the micro or stopping your car as you back up to check a flyer on the back winshield and then getting carjacked or that cell phone users must register their numbers with the national "Do Not Call" directory.

I took a trip to Snopes and told her to never trust anything forwarded to e-mail. In particular check the source of anything that you do hear.

Now when it comes to ballpits, my roomate keeps saying he wants to build one either for his bed or in addition. I was saying he should create it so it fits on his bed, but can be taken off.

Also, can we get a moment of silence for Mikey the Life cereal mascot who died from chugging pop rocks and Coca-cola.
    Last edited by The Xenos; 09-30-2006 at 01:22 PM.
    Xenos

Agreed. We're raising a generation of pussies.

Hear, hear. All that does is raise kids with no survival skills.
    When we were kids we rode bikes without kneepads and helmets.

Our playgrounds were cement and steel.

We played tackle street football...and baseball...and soccer...and hockey...

Our parents had us sitting in the trunks of station wagons without seat belts or booster seats.

We ate peanut butter just about every day.

Nowadays we wrap our kids in bubblewrap to protect them from every little thing. It's crazy.
    Order Toy Boy: What Happens In Vegas now!
    http://www.toyboyonline.com

"A nice melding of classic Marvel energy with a contemporary feel. Well-done!" -Mark Waid

The attempt to child-proof the world is a fool's errand. It's much more practical to world-proof your child.