Page 46 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by beetheb View Post
    Posted this on the Avengers Forum IM thread.

I'd say you got a few hours, tops.
    I wish I stayed for it. So Marvel's big plan is being unveiled. Assuming everything goes well, Avengers might be epic.

Love the film, and I hope this gives all direction towards other superhero movies in the future.

BANNED

People need to take note of this movie, this is how a superhero movie needs to be done. It needs to keep you interested, it needs to have action, a good cast, etc. My theater was nearly packed and a hell of a lot of people started clapping after the movie was over. I'm telling you, Iron Man will now forever be one of my favorite superheroes and this movie is one of the greatest superhero movies of all time. I'd even put it up there with movies like SM-2, Superman II, etc.

spoilers:
    Now, on a sidenote, is Iron Man still supposed to appear in the Hulk movie?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    I wore my "Death of Captain America" shirt. It does have Iron Man, and Wolverine in the background, though.

I wore the same one. Weird.

"Everybody's Waiting," Six Feet Under finale episode
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el4eUKmLujg

http://i.imgur.com/hcuBe43.gif

Really enjoyed it.

And that's saying something since I haven't really liked most other Marvel movies.

-Twi

....I'm not sure the Mandarin would work as a villain. Magic is always a bit too over the top with the public.

Movie was ok, not as great as everyone is making it out to be. Was pretty predictable, not enough action, and the battle at the end reminded me too much of the battle at the end of Robocop 2. And the ending was crap imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BYC View Post
    I wish I stayed for it. So Marvel's big plan is being unveiled. Assuming everything goes well, Avengers might be epic.

Love the film, and I hope this gives all direction towards other superhero movies in the future.
    I dont want Avenger thing next, i want Iron Man 2 first.

Avengers im not a fan of plus how will it work in the movies ? They must make good Hulk,Cap movies first.

Only IM,Spidey has had good movies of those that might be in Avengers.

Also did i miss something, i dont remember seeing anything to do with Nick Fury or Avengers pic. Most of time i focused alot on what Stark/Iron Man was doing :P
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Mild-Mannered Reporter

I Am (still friends with) IRON MAN: Terrence Howard

Rounding out a series of interviews with the cast and crew of “Iron Man,” CBR News recently spoke with Terrence Howard, who plays airman James Rhodes in the summer blockbuster.

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16279

Ok, anyone have any numbers as to what the movie did box officewise on Friday?

I am going to see this Iron dude movie. For some strange reason it is getting me all pumped up for the new comic as well as his regular iron dude book. How can this be happeneing???

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 4thHorseman View Post
    Movie was ok, not as great as everyone is making it out to be. Was pretty predictable, not enough action, and the battle at the end reminded me too much of the battle at the end of Robocop 2. And the ending was crap imo.

I'm with you on this score. It was enjoyable, but I really didn't understand the overwhelming positve reviews. I kept checking my watch during the last half hour of the film.

The best part of the film was Robert Downy Jr. Not the image of Tony Stark I had in my head, but he did a good job. And at least he bulked up for the part. I liked the way he pulled off Stark as being arrogant (the smartest guy in the room who knows it) but still likeable. I don't think many actors could have pulled it off without coming across as obnoxious.

In all not a bad film, but I hope that next time around they don't succumb to too many cliches.
    "People who believe they are successful, carry themselves well."-Peggy Klaus

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman2001 View Post
    Ok, anyone have any numbers as to what the movie did box officewise on Friday?
    BoxOfficeMojo is estimating 32.5, but I have no idea how accurate that is.
    Expletive Deleted

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Apparently, the classical piece Stane was playing on the piano was by Salieri.

How cool is that?
    Expletive Deleted

Just got back from seeing the movie for the second time with some friends and I thought it was awesome. Robert Downey Jr. was fantastic and all the little nods to the comic books were great.

I would honestly put this up there with Batman Begins, X2, and Spider-Man 2 in terms of a great superhero movie. I already cant wait for the sequel.

I really dug the scene after the credits too, pretty badass.
    Dean: So, what do we do now?
    Castiel: I suggest we imbibe copious quantities of alcohol... just wait for the inevitable blast wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Tish-the-Scorpion View Post
    except that sam jackson took the movie up from being decent to completly bad ass within just 30 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......damn!!!
    hellz yeah!...
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboy
    is it just me, or is this forum very homosexual? Seems like it's just the norm for people here to be homosexuals. Seriously, was this community founded for that purpose? If so, I'm just dense or something cause I never read anything stating that when I signed up.
    LMAO!

http://myspace.com/urban_prince