The leaves have started falling from the trees, the college football season has begun, and the school year has begun. In other words, it's September. And since thirty days hath September, like April, June and November, it's now time to elect the first COTM of the fall.
0. The purpose of this award is to promote the spirit of good citizenship, civility, and mutual respect, which is one of the things that most distinguishes CBR from other forums like it. Everyone who votes for COTM is asked to behave in accordance with that spirit. COTM should not be used as a tool in political rivalries between different CBR communities; instead, it should be a means of bringing those communities closer together.
1. Select the CBR citizen who, over the course of the past month, has consistently conducted himself/herself in a manner that has helped to foster a friendly, welcoming atmosphere at the CBR Forums. This poster is being recognized for being friendly, courteous, and helpful. REMEMBER: COTM is *not* a popularity contest; it is a recognition for being an exemplary member of the community.
2. Your COTM nominee *must* be a registered CBR Forums member with a track record of no fewer than ten posts (at least one of which must have been posted during the month of the COTM in question) at the time that this thread is posted. Votes for non-registered individuals; members without the requisite track record at time of voting; or members who are permanently banned will not be counted. (NOTE: Posters who have previously been banned, but who are now reinstated, are eligible.)
3. You may submit *one* vote for your chosen nominee. Fractional votes or votes for more than one nominee are not allowed, and such votes will be disregarded.
4. All votes must be for individual posters only. Votes for couples or larger groups will not be counted.
5. Campaigning for yourself is forbidden. If any poster is found to have been soliciting others to vote for him/her, ALL votes for that poster will be thrown out.
6. You may not vote for yourself. If you do so, the vote will not be counted.
7. Please be clear and explicit about whom you are voting for. Vague words of praise that are not explicitly indicated as votes will not be construed as votes. Moreover, clearly identify who your nominee is by using only the nominee's complete, current, official CBR username as it appears on his/her profile. No nicknames or abbreviations please.
8. All questions and comments about COTM should be directed to me (Sir Tim Drake) at Sir_Tim_Drake@yahoo.com. Alternately, send me a PM. Community Forum Moderator Brian Cronin will neither answer questions about nor handle administration of the COTM election process.
9. Avoid thread drift. Indicate your choice for COTM and a few quick comments about your choice in the *same post*. Any other discussion needs to be taken up in a separate thread.
10. For your information, the six most recent COTMs are:
March 2006: Ed Cunard
April 2006: Julie Hatcher
May 2006: Forefinger
June 2006: Solaris and Winslow
July 2006: mattbib
August 2006: howyadoin
11. This election will be open until midnight Eastern time on Saturday, September 30th. Votes posted after that time will be ignored.