Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default 52 Week 21 (***SPOILERS***) Teen Titans/Infinity Inc issue

From mazingman728 on the DC Forums

Week 21, Day 1
    Metropolis: Natasha talks Luthor into letting Eliza back in the group as she, Eliza is off Sharp and is sorry for what she did.

Week 21, Day 2
    The Netherplains: Ralph and the Helmet of Fate are looking to go into the Underworld Beyond. They get past the demon guard after Ralph reveals that he, the demon, was put to sleep by Fate and he, Ralph tied the demon up into a ball after giving him gingold. The demon lets them through and Ralph kicks him down a flight of stairs.

Week 21, Day 3
    Metropolis: Luthor sets his team of heroes out to catch Blockbuster. Luthor bought the name and rights for Infinity Inc. from the Pemberton Estate; team members are Fury, Nuklon, Skyman, Everyman, Starlight and Trajectory. Infinity Inc defeats Blockbuster and the Titans show up; Titans are Beast Boy, Raven, Power Boy, Little Barda, Hot Spot and Zatara. While having words back and forth Blockbuster escapes and Trajectory (Eliza) goes after him. During here fight with Blockbuster Luthor turns off her powers causing her to die at the hands of Blockbuster.

Week 21, Day 6
    Manchester, AL: The Titans and Infinity Inc are at the funeral for Eliza. John Henry shows up to talk to Natasha but she gets mad at him and leaves.

Week 21, Day 7
    Australia: A small town repair shop is shown where a metal sculpture artist is working on a project in a garage. The sculpture is shown to be a really bad make shift statue with the Red Tornados head.

There is no Origin this issue. And the cover lies as Supernova is not in the book nor is the Everlasting Triple Fish God. Also Power Boy and Little Barda do come across as being from Apocalypse.

Looks like Eliza went "to infinity- and beyond!"

Melancholic, melodramatic Count Vertigo's Avatar

Blockbuster? I thought he died in Nightwing. Or wait, is this the Blockbuster that got killed fighting Brimstone on the first Suicide Squad mission during the Legends story? No wait. It's ANOTHER brother...:rolleyes:

they said it's a new one. but this was a cool issue. we saw the titans break up again. eliza got her head ripped off right? ha. OUCH.

Very good issue all around. Luthor's command center is a nice touch, and very characteristic of Lex; it has a Truman Show/Wag The Dog quality that really speaks to his shrewdness and affinity for presentation.

I laughed when I noticed Johnny Warrawa's welder's mask. Matt Groening must be fairly pleased with himself for earning such a subtle homage.
    "Oh, come on! It's Lex flippin' Luthor!"

- JLA Member Emeritus -
    JPEG League of America

y did the cover lie to wat was in it? i just read it... damn good read this just gets better and better... but... wat the hell...

Super-Fan Powers Activate Dr.Geekibus's Avatar

This title consistently keeps my attention focused. I'm not thrilled with the grim/gritty Ralph Dibny, but I'm sure curious to see if he'll become the new Dr. Fate. He does have the beard, after all. He looks just like a ginger-haired Hector Hall.

I thought they telegraphed the death of Eliza from about fifty miles away. They ahve the scene where she talks about how she's going to be the greatest hero evar, etc etc. I think it would have been funnier if they'd made her costume a red shirt. (a little Star Trek humor for my fellow geeks).

I didn't completely buy Gar's automatically joining up with John Henry. I also thought John Henry was uncharacteristically rude in how he dealt with Natasha. How could he have expected any other result after that?

The panel for next week looks pretty cool tho. A Superman logo superimposed over Supernova? This sounds like the work of ...Lex Luthor...thinking his darling baby boy has come back to life. I guess we'll know in a week.
    Last edited by Paul Newell; 09-27-2006 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Vertigo
    Blockbuster? I thought he died in Nightwing. Or wait, is this the Blockbuster that got killed fighting Brimstone on the first Suicide Squad mission during the Legends story? No wait. It's ANOTHER brother...:rolleyes:

I could be mistaken, or read something into the book that wasn't their, but i got the impression that this New Blockbuster was some one Luthor had "Created" to give his team a test run. It was never said, but i thought it was implied in the scene he "broke" free in. I may have to read it again though to be sure.

I agree with Bloody Thumb. Lex temporarily de-powers blockbuster so he can be captured, then engineers his escape by repowering him, then depowers trajectory so she can be killed. It's Lex at his prime.

Retcon Punch Victim StrikeForce Albert's Avatar

Lex is Lex, and that's awesome. Whay make super heroes with out an off switch? Easily, you don't.

On a throne atop a mountain of lesser men.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Thumb
    I could be mistaken, or read something into the book that wasn't their, but i got the impression that this New Blockbuster was some one Luthor had "Created" to give his team a test run. It was never said, but i thought it was implied in the scene he "broke" free in. I may have to read it again though to be sure.
    Yeah, it seemed to me like this Blockbuster was another project from Everyman, as Luthor seemed to be controlling its power output. And apparently he can only take away the powers he has given, not any super powers (which would be a whole lot crazier and dangerous).

As for Ralph, I'm thinking less and less that he's hallucinating. On top of the indicators in Week Fifteen, I can't help but think that it would be completely unnecessary to continue his storyline without further instances that exemplify his craziness. I think it's simply that the helmet can only talk to him.

Though it'd be absolutely hilarious if, in the end, he was really just a penniless, homeless weirdo with a rusty helmet. That's how you handle fan-favorite characters. Find a cut and rub salt in it!
    Go !@#$ yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Zodiac
    Yeah, it seemed to me like this Blockbuster was another project from Everyman, as Luthor seemed to be controlling its power output. And apparently he can only take away the powers he has given, not any super powers (which would be a whole lot crazier and dangerous).

As for Ralph, I'm thinking less and less that he's hallucinating. On top of the indicators in Week Fifteen, I can't help but think that it would be completely unnecessary to continue his storyline without further instances that exemplify his craziness. I think it's simply that the helmet can only talk to him.

Though it'd be absolutely hilarious if, in the end, he was really just a penniless, homeless weirdo with a rusty helmet. That's how you handle fan-favorite characters. Find a cut and rub salt in it!

That would be a pretty wild ending for Ralph. And you could trace the psychotic break from the issue where they try to resurrect Sue. That could actually work. Wonder if DC has the cojones to try it? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Zodiac

I'm beginning to think that he's still hallucinating but it's not a complete hallucination. He's treating the helmet as if it is sentient, which it is not, nor has it ever has been. I think it's Devem messing with his view of reality in order to gain access to the underworld. I haven't figured out the why yet.

I'm still trying to figure out the significance of his blacking out when submerged in the pool way back when. I think there's more to that sequence than just them taking his wedding band but I could be wrong.

Jamie

Default Is it me or do ya'll think that Ralph Dibney...

will become the next Doctor Fate during(or after) 52?

I hope not, because his popularity has gone down since he has gone crazy.

52 has been a bad turn for Ralph..