Welcome to our next match. Please read and consider both strategies before voting on the one you think would win if they were parred up. Discussion is appreciated.
Jessica Drew- Maelstrom, Thor, Man-Beast, Clea, Carrion, Bedlam (Jesse), Caliban
Dark Soul #7- Magneto, Wiccan, Quasar, Ultron, Gravity
Here is Dark Soul #7's strategy-
And Jessica Drew's-Phase 1: Immediately and simultaneously
Wiccan teleports Magneto, who at the same time puts up a personal forcefield, into the midst of J.D’s team. As soon as he’s there the master of magnetism lets of the most powerful EMP that he can muster at the moment, which should at least stun most of the opposition. Then he focuses on Maelstrom and drowns him in electromagnetic energy.
The rest of the team takes of into the air with Quasar providing a forcefield for himself and an armour for Gravity. Should Thor try to hit them with lightning Quasar will absorb it. If Thor throws the hammer then Quasar will trap it in a bubble and leave it there. Ultron is on his guard for Carrion teleporting over to touch any of the human on my team and will blast the creep if he does try it. Wiccan chants “They can’t see us.” over and over. The spell is meant to either make my team invisible to the J.D’s team or make them blind. As soon as Quasar, Ultron and the boys reach J.D’s team they scatter and take on their targets.
Results of phase 1. Most of the other team should be stunned from the EMP and hopefully Wiccan’s spell worked and they’re all blind. And Maelstrom is occupied.
Phase 2: Directly after phase 1
Ultron takes on Thor relentlessly. In the past Ultron has shrugged of mjolnier with ease and have dealt great pain to the thunder god. That will be the case this time as well. Ultron will grab ahold of Thor’s chest and blast it without letting go and use the encephalo-ray at the same time until Thor faints or dies.
Quasar captures Man-beast and Jesse Bedlam in quantum-restraints. He will absorb any energy that Bedlam is trying to dish out and redirects it at him, which should knock the guy out. Once they’re captured Quasar first knocks Man-beast out with a quantum-charged punch, the same kind that knocked a watcher on his ass. If Bedlam hasn’t been knocked out then Quasar punches him as well, although not as hard. Just enough to put him out of the fight.
Gravity flies over to Clea to take her out as fast as possible. She should be distracted and hurt by the previous EMP and Wiccan’s spell which makes her and easier target. He will punch her as hard as he can, not giving her a chance to defend her self. It might go against him to do so but he will have to for his team. He already has superstrength and the quantum armour should provided give a little extra to his punches.
Wiccan will face of with Caliban, and Carrion if he didn’t teleport in the beginning only to get fragged by Ultron. Being the good guy that he is he will put Caliban to sleep with a standard sleep spell. For Carrion however Wiccan will chant “I want him to be paralysed.” Over and over while always keeping his distance until Carrion can no longer move under his own power.
Magneto is still attacking Maelstrom.
Final Phase: Directly after phase 2
If there’s anybody who is still dealing with their opponent, except Magneto, Quasar will swoop in and finish them of with a quantum construct to the noggin. However if everyone is finished then they will all focus on Maelstrom.
Ultron stays a distance away from Maelstrom and blasts him with energy-blasts and the same goes for Quasar and Gravity. Wiccan will first heal his grandfather from any injuries he might’ve sustained during the fight by chanting “Heal Magneto.” He then stays even further away from the main battle and chants “Maelstrom is powerless.” Should that not work then he will then chant “More power for Magneto.” Making the master of magnetism even more powerful. Either way the constant barrage of attacks will take Maelstrom down.
Notes: Dark Soul’s team has a weakness to magic, and two of them have no psi defenses, and all have slower reflexes than Thor, Maelstrom, and Man-Beast.
Stage 1: simultaneous moves
· Man-Beast and Carrion mind-link the team, to keep the team aware of their opponent’s presence, because they’re likely to teleport.
· Caliban stays on the defensive, using his psychic virus to attack Wiccan or Gravity if they teleport/fly in, or using his superhuman strength and claws (and near invulnerability) to physically attack/fend off Magneto, Quasar, or Ultron should they show. He’ll be standing in front of Clea, protecting her.
· Carrion teleports to Magneto (within whatever force fields the team has up), touches Magneto’s face, and watches Magneto die. If Magneto is teleported near my team, then Carrion reads the minds of Magneto’s teammates to discern what his plans are and where he’ll be.
· Clea casts a spell of sleep upon Magneto. This type of spell isn’t a complicated one, and should take little time.
· Man-Beast teleports to wherever Wiccan is and either punches him out (as he’s traded blows with Thor and Iron Man, and this should be sufficient, or Psi blasts him (if he’s got a force field up). If Wiccan is constantly teleporting, then Man-Beast is, too, and also this means that Wiccan’s too busy teleporting to repeat any of his spells.
· Thor teleports to Gravity and quickly takes him out. If Magneto tries to control Mjolnir, then…well…he won’t be able to do it immediately, because Thor’s got faster reflexes, and he’s spinning Mjolnir at faster-than-light speeds as soon as the match starts, and he quickly teleports. After quickly deposing of Gravity, Thor will keep a sharp eye out for anyone else who needs help.
· Jesse Bedlam EMPs Ultron, who short-circuits and shuts down
· Maelstrom bends whatever energy Quasar—or Magneto--releases back against himself or his teammates. Maelstrom will stand near Clea (in fact, he and Caliban will be encircling her), because this might be where Quasar attacks. Maelstrom is also going to play Magneto defense in case Magneto tries to stop the blood flow to anyone’s brain. If Magneto tries attacking Maelstrom first by stopping the blood to his brain, then Maelstrom will just reverse the trick. If Magneto gets close enough to try this, then Maelstrom is close enough, too. He can handle both Magneto AND Quasar if need be. As he’s punked Quasar before while stopping Makkari’s heart and keeping Moondragon in check.
Stage 1 results: Gravity, Ultron, Wiccan, and Magneto are out. Maelstrom has Quasar occupied.
Stage 2: simultaneous actions:
· Maelstrom and Thor (via Mjolnir) begin to drain all the energy from Quasar’s bands.
· Caliban physically attacks him and Carrion teleports to him, phasing through any force fields, and touches him.
· Jesse Bedlam twiddles his thumbs.
· Clea either:
o Puts a sleep spell on Quasar
o Puts a sleep spell (or some other enchantment) on whatever of Quasar’s teammates happens to still be around.
o Calls forth the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak to hold Ultron if he still happens to be around.
By this time, Quasar--and the rest of Dark Soul #7's team--is down.