View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
8. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Jessica Drew

4 50.00%
  • Dark Soul #7

4 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marvel League 2006: Jessica Drew vs. Dark Soul #7

Welcome to our next match. Please read and consider both strategies before voting on the one you think would win if they were parred up. Discussion is appreciated.

Jessica Drew- Maelstrom, Thor, Man-Beast, Clea, Carrion, Bedlam (Jesse), Caliban

Dark Soul #7- Magneto, Wiccan, Quasar, Ultron, Gravity

Here is Dark Soul #7's strategy-
    Phase 1: Immediately and simultaneously
    Wiccan teleports Magneto, who at the same time puts up a personal forcefield, into the midst of J.D’s team. As soon as he’s there the master of magnetism lets of the most powerful EMP that he can muster at the moment, which should at least stun most of the opposition. Then he focuses on Maelstrom and drowns him in electromagnetic energy.

The rest of the team takes of into the air with Quasar providing a forcefield for himself and an armour for Gravity. Should Thor try to hit them with lightning Quasar will absorb it. If Thor throws the hammer then Quasar will trap it in a bubble and leave it there. Ultron is on his guard for Carrion teleporting over to touch any of the human on my team and will blast the creep if he does try it. Wiccan chants “They can’t see us.” over and over. The spell is meant to either make my team invisible to the J.D’s team or make them blind. As soon as Quasar, Ultron and the boys reach J.D’s team they scatter and take on their targets.

Results of phase 1. Most of the other team should be stunned from the EMP and hopefully Wiccan’s spell worked and they’re all blind. And Maelstrom is occupied.

Phase 2: Directly after phase 1
    Ultron takes on Thor relentlessly. In the past Ultron has shrugged of mjolnier with ease and have dealt great pain to the thunder god. That will be the case this time as well. Ultron will grab ahold of Thor’s chest and blast it without letting go and use the encephalo-ray at the same time until Thor faints or dies.

Quasar captures Man-beast and Jesse Bedlam in quantum-restraints. He will absorb any energy that Bedlam is trying to dish out and redirects it at him, which should knock the guy out. Once they’re captured Quasar first knocks Man-beast out with a quantum-charged punch, the same kind that knocked a watcher on his ass. If Bedlam hasn’t been knocked out then Quasar punches him as well, although not as hard. Just enough to put him out of the fight.

Gravity flies over to Clea to take her out as fast as possible. She should be distracted and hurt by the previous EMP and Wiccan’s spell which makes her and easier target. He will punch her as hard as he can, not giving her a chance to defend her self. It might go against him to do so but he will have to for his team. He already has superstrength and the quantum armour should provided give a little extra to his punches.

Wiccan will face of with Caliban, and Carrion if he didn’t teleport in the beginning only to get fragged by Ultron. Being the good guy that he is he will put Caliban to sleep with a standard sleep spell. For Carrion however Wiccan will chant “I want him to be paralysed.” Over and over while always keeping his distance until Carrion can no longer move under his own power.

Magneto is still attacking Maelstrom.

Final Phase: Directly after phase 2
    If there’s anybody who is still dealing with their opponent, except Magneto, Quasar will swoop in and finish them of with a quantum construct to the noggin. However if everyone is finished then they will all focus on Maelstrom.

Ultron stays a distance away from Maelstrom and blasts him with energy-blasts and the same goes for Quasar and Gravity. Wiccan will first heal his grandfather from any injuries he might’ve sustained during the fight by chanting “Heal Magneto.” He then stays even further away from the main battle and chants “Maelstrom is powerless.” Should that not work then he will then chant “More power for Magneto.” Making the master of magnetism even more powerful. Either way the constant barrage of attacks will take Maelstrom down.
    And Jessica Drew's-
    Notes: Dark Soul’s team has a weakness to magic, and two of them have no psi defenses, and all have slower reflexes than Thor, Maelstrom, and Man-Beast.

Stage 1: simultaneous moves
    · Man-Beast and Carrion mind-link the team, to keep the team aware of their opponent’s presence, because they’re likely to teleport.
    · Caliban stays on the defensive, using his psychic virus to attack Wiccan or Gravity if they teleport/fly in, or using his superhuman strength and claws (and near invulnerability) to physically attack/fend off Magneto, Quasar, or Ultron should they show. He’ll be standing in front of Clea, protecting her.
    · Carrion teleports to Magneto (within whatever force fields the team has up), touches Magneto’s face, and watches Magneto die. If Magneto is teleported near my team, then Carrion reads the minds of Magneto’s teammates to discern what his plans are and where he’ll be.
    · Clea casts a spell of sleep upon Magneto. This type of spell isn’t a complicated one, and should take little time.
    · Man-Beast teleports to wherever Wiccan is and either punches him out (as he’s traded blows with Thor and Iron Man, and this should be sufficient, or Psi blasts him (if he’s got a force field up). If Wiccan is constantly teleporting, then Man-Beast is, too, and also this means that Wiccan’s too busy teleporting to repeat any of his spells.
    · Thor teleports to Gravity and quickly takes him out. If Magneto tries to control Mjolnir, then…well…he won’t be able to do it immediately, because Thor’s got faster reflexes, and he’s spinning Mjolnir at faster-than-light speeds as soon as the match starts, and he quickly teleports. After quickly deposing of Gravity, Thor will keep a sharp eye out for anyone else who needs help.
    · Jesse Bedlam EMPs Ultron, who short-circuits and shuts down
    · Maelstrom bends whatever energy Quasar—or Magneto--releases back against himself or his teammates. Maelstrom will stand near Clea (in fact, he and Caliban will be encircling her), because this might be where Quasar attacks. Maelstrom is also going to play Magneto defense in case Magneto tries to stop the blood flow to anyone’s brain. If Magneto tries attacking Maelstrom first by stopping the blood to his brain, then Maelstrom will just reverse the trick. If Magneto gets close enough to try this, then Maelstrom is close enough, too. He can handle both Magneto AND Quasar if need be. As he’s punked Quasar before while stopping Makkari’s heart and keeping Moondragon in check.

Stage 1 results: Gravity, Ultron, Wiccan, and Magneto are out. Maelstrom has Quasar occupied.

Stage 2: simultaneous actions:
    · Maelstrom and Thor (via Mjolnir) begin to drain all the energy from Quasar’s bands.
    · Caliban physically attacks him and Carrion teleports to him, phasing through any force fields, and touches him.
    · Jesse Bedlam twiddles his thumbs.
    · Clea either:
    o Puts a sleep spell on Quasar
    o Puts a sleep spell (or some other enchantment) on whatever of Quasar’s teammates happens to still be around.
    o Calls forth the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak to hold Ultron if he still happens to be around.

By this time, Quasar--and the rest of Dark Soul #7's team--is down.

both amazing strats, but im leaning one way, i wnat to see what others think
    DC League 2007 team Ion Dr Light Faith Animal Man CM3 Guardian Mr Miracle
    Marvel League 2006 champion Exodus Karnilla Living Lightning Talisman Arclight Karma Phantazia

Just don't scratch it. Jessica Drew's Avatar

In my defense (and sorry I haven't had time yet to look at your battle, Atom_basher and Economist; yesterday was a busy day for me):

1. As per my strategy, Carrion is reading--in this case--Wiccan's mind, so he know's where Magneto will strike. As soon as Magneto appears, Carrion (who can phase through force fields) touches his face, and Magneto withers away. Maelstrom is there to absorb Magneto's EMP--which he wouldn't be able to blast anyway, as my strategy noted that he may teleport near my team--thus not only shielding Clea, but also making him--Maelstrom--more powerful. Therefore, Clea should easily be able to cast her spell. By any of these means, Magneto is down.

2. Man-Beast punches out Wiccan--who is left alone--before he can begin his chant.

3. Thor never throws/releases Mjolnir.

4. Ultron is downed by Jesse Bedlam's EMP. Maelstrom is absorbing whatever energy Quasar throws his way, so he shouldn't be able to grab Jesse Bedlam (and if he does, he does it AFTER Bedlam has released his EMP; note that I have Bedlam do this in the first stage, while Dark Soul has Quasar after Bedlam in the second phase).
    2005 DC League Champion: Superboy, Troia, Guy Gardner, Brainwave II, Brainiac 5, and Scarecrow

While i dont think Maelstrom could absorb the emp, because there truly isnt evidence he can basorb electricity, you still get my vote, you prepared for things and thought ahead, although Dark soul, you also had a great strat.

It could go either way really
    Last edited by Atom_basher; 09-26-2006 at 09:31 PM.
    Marvel League 2006 champion Exodus Karnilla Living Lightning Talisman Arclight Karma Phantazia

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Drew
    1. As per my strategy, Carrion is reading--in this case--Wiccan's mind, so he know's where Magneto will strike. As soon as Magneto appears, Carrion (who can phase through force fields) touches his face, and Magneto withers away. Maelstrom is there to absorb Magneto's EMP--which he wouldn't be able to blast anyway, as my strategy noted that he may teleport near my team--thus not only shielding Clea, but also making him--Maelstrom--more powerful. Therefore, Clea should easily be able to cast her spell. By any of these means, Magneto is down.
    Can Maelstrom really absorb an EMP? From the stuff I read about him it didn't seem like he could, which is mostly why I sent Magneto after him. And if he can't do that then most of J.D's team will still be affected by Mags EMP which should distract them long enough, matbe even knock somebody out.
    2. Man-Beast punches out Wiccan--who is left alone--before he can begin his chant.
    Technically I still have Ultron on "teleportation guard duty" or whatever you want to call it.
    3. Thor never throws/releases Mjolnir.
    It wasn't all that important that he ever did it. He still can't hurt Ultron.
    4. Ultron is downed by Jesse Bedlam's EMP. Maelstrom is absorbing whatever energy Quasar throws his way, so he shouldn't be able to grab Jesse Bedlam (and if he does, he does it AFTER Bedlam has released his EMP; note that I have Bedlam do this in the first stage, while Dark Soul has Quasar after Bedlam in the second phase).
    Notice that I do fewer things in my first phase then you do in your's. I have Wiccan teleport Magneto so that he can attack and the rest of my team flies over to attack while Wiccan chants a spell. Then my phase 2 begins.

Guys great strategies, really nice. I voted the way I did because of a coin flip... just kidding, really it was based on the strat I just thought would be more likely to pull off.
    Bobby- "What are ya'll talkin' about?"

Andy- "Morning drinking"

Bobby- "For it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7
    Can Maelstrom really absorb an EMP? From the stuff I read about him it didn't seem like he could, which is mostly why I sent Magneto after him. And if he can't do that then most of J.D's team will still be affected by Mags EMP which should distract them long enough, matbe even knock somebody out.
    As soon as he gets there, though, Carrion is reading and waiting for him, and can touch him before he lets out that all-powerful EMP

Technically I still have Ultron on "teleportation guard duty" or whatever you want to call it.
    Wouldn't matter, because though Ultron may be on the look out for it, he doesn't know exactly where it's coming/who's being attacked/when it's coming (though, on my team, Carrion DOES know when and where Magneto is coming because Carrion is telepathic). Man-Beast could teleport in and punch Wiccan before Ultron could react (as Man-Beast has superior reflexes).

It wasn't all that important that he ever did it. He still can't hurt Ultron.
    Thor's not going after Ultron.

Notice that I do fewer things in my first phase then you do in your's. I have Wiccan teleport Magneto so that he can attack and the rest of my team flies over to attack while Wiccan chants a spell. Then my phase 2 begins.
    While Quasar is flying his team, Jesse Bedlam has released his EMP.
    2005 DC League Champion: Superboy, Troia, Guy Gardner, Brainwave II, Brainiac 5, and Scarecrow

As soon as he gets there, though, Carrion is reading and waiting for him, and can touch him before he lets out that all-powerful EMP
    How fast is Carrion because in Young Avengers #12 Wiccan showed that he could do stuff like rebuild statues without any problem at all in a second, he didn't even need to chant for that one. He should be able to do something he's done before, teleport someone else, just as quickly.

So at the start of the match he teleports Magneto quickly to your team where he lets of an EMP as soon as he's there. Can Carrion really react that fast?
    Wouldn't matter, because though Ultron may be on the look out for it, he doesn't know exactly where it's coming/who's being attacked/when it's coming (though, on my team, Carrion DOES know when and where Magneto is coming because Carrion is telepathic). Man-Beast could teleport in and punch Wiccan before Ultron could react (as Man-Beast has superior reflexes).
    Remember that Ultron is also superfast and most likely thinks faster than most of the people on the field, being an advanced robot and all. He could very well hit Man-Beast before he gets in the attack.
    Thor's not going after Ultron.
    No he's affected by the Magneto's EMP and needs to build up momentum to spin the hammer.
    While Quasar is flying his team, Jesse Bedlam has released his EMP.
    Quasar isn't flying my team. They're all capable of doing that by themselves. And Quasar is perfectly capable of absorbing Bedlam's EMP.

By the way, are you gonna vote J.D? Because the only reason I haven't voted yet is because you haven't.

Hey odinson, id love to know, why did you vote for Jessica

How fast is Carrion because in Young Avengers #12 Wiccan showed that he could do stuff like rebuild statues without any problem at all in a second, he didn't even need to chant for that one. He should be able to do something he's done before, teleport someone else, just as quickly.

So at the start of the match he teleports Magneto quickly to your team where he lets of an EMP as soon as he's there. Can Carrion really react that fast?
    He's a telepath, so as quickly as Wiccan can think it, Carrion can think it, too. Carrion might arrive a second after Magneto does (even though Magneto is teleporting in the midst of the team), but that second should be enough, especially since Carrion is thinking/looking specifically for him.

Remember that Ultron is also superfast and most likely thinks faster than most of the people on the field, being an advanced robot and all. He could very well hit Man-Beast before he gets in the attack.
    He could hit Man-Beast AFTER he's made the attack, sure, but not before, because Ultron doesn't know where Man-Beast is attacking (though Carrion does know about Magneto)

No he's affected by the Magneto's EMP and needs to build up momentum to spin the hammer.
    Thor needs no momentum to get that hammer up to FTL speeds. He should, you'd think, but he doesn't. In all the comics I've read, as soon as he starts spinning it, it's there. Heck, the captions even mention it. Furthermore, I don't think Magneto's EMP--which, of course, I don't think he has time to unleash because of Carrion--would not do as much damage to Thor as it would anyone else.

Quasar isn't flying my team. They're all capable of doing that by themselves. And Quasar is perfectly capable of absorbing Bedlam's EMP.
    Bedlam isn't going after Quasar; he's going after Ultron. Also, though, yes, Quasar might be able to absorb it, Quasar isn't looking to absorb it.

By the way, are you gonna vote J.D? Because the only reason I haven't voted yet is because you haven't.
    Nah. No need. Our votes will just cancel each other's out, and I think Nightcrawler has stated before that we don't have to vote for ourselves.

Wow! A tie! Just what the playoffs are all about, man: close battles. Great strategy, Dark Soul #7, and whatever the outcome may be, I must say that I had a difficult time plotting against your team, and I've enjoyed our debates on the strategy. Good sport, old man, good sport.

Holy Cow...

Quote Originally Posted by Atom_basher
    Holy Cow...
    ...No...that would be...HELLcow....

THIS...would be Holy Cow:

...or this:

Wow! A tie! Just what the playoffs are all about, man: close battles. Great strategy, Dark Soul #7, and whatever the outcome may be, I must say that I had a difficult time plotting against your team, and I've enjoyed our debates on the strategy. Good sport, old man, good sport.
    A tie? Cool.

Thanks J.D. It means alot coming from somebody who's won a league. You too had a brilliant strategy. Seriously you're team is the one I had the biggest problem planning for so far. Whatever happeneds it's been an honor battling you. Great match dude.;)