We have not had a trivia game on here for a while. I had a few good questions pop into my head over the weekend, so I though it might be fun to assemble 10 questions.
Here how this works.
Answer as many questions as you can - DO NOT look at other replies before posting your answers.
Answer only once - do not edit your answers at a later time.
DO NOT use the internet for help. That will suck all of the fun out of it, as these will be easy to answer.
There are 2000 possible points at stake. I have tried to distribute points according to difficulty but that's in the eye of the beholder.
The contest closes Friday at 5:00 PM EST, and I'll tally the points.
Do we want the winner to create 10 new questions?
Here we go. Good luck and have fun.
1. Jim Aparo’s tenure on Brave & the Bold is legendary, but did you know that 14 other pencillers worked on Batman team-ups between issues #98 and #200. Name 10 of them. 50 points each.
2. Who was the first member of the Avengers to team up with Spidey in MTU? 100 points
3. Name 3 publishers who have published comics based on The Shadow? 200 points.
4. Match the Horse with the Western Character. 250 points:
a) Ringo Kid i) Cyclone
b) Johnny Thunder ii) Arab
c) Two-Gun Kid iii) White Wind
d) Golden Arrow iv) Black Lightning
5. Aces High is remembered as one of the finest ‘New Trend’ titles from EC. It is often described as the high water mark of George Evans’ comic book career as he was a master of aviation action. 3 other creators worked on all 5 issues. Name Them. 200 points
6. Steve Ditko introduced two characters in back-up stories in Charlton’s E-Man. Who were they? 150 points
7. Which Charles Dickens book was NOT adapted for Classics Illustrated. 100 points
a. David Copperfield
b. A Christmas Carol
c. Nicholas Nickleby
d. Great Expectations
8. In November, 1986 – Marvel featured ‘portrait’ covers for its books. Who was the featured character on the cover of the following team books? 50 points each.
a. Fantastic Four
b. Alpha Flight
c. Uncanny X-Men
9. What do Zev Zimmer, Pierre Alonzo and Ace Aquila have in common? 200 points
10. Who is the unexpected guest star in Green Arrow (1988 series) #27? 100 points