Default Tom Goes to the Mayor

Can somebody please explain to me why this show is still on television? It is the worse thing....ever! And that includes tattoos on old people!

On a throne atop a mountain of lesser men.

This show is fucking awesome. It's like an animated "Mr. Show," with weirder jokes. It looks cheap, but it's hilarious.
    Go !@#$ yourself.

I'm with TC on this one. A Roseanne sex tape would be better.

Heavy Metal War Machine PatrickG's Avatar

Because people are in too much in awe of the amazing Venture Brothers to flip channels?

Seriously, I'm not big on "Tom". The misery of his life got old after seeing half a dozen episodes and I don't think it compares to "Mr. Show". All I can say is that I like it better than "12 oz. Mouse" and "Squid Billies".

lost in the cyber dungeon The Xenos's Avatar

Yup. I can't stand Tom, but I don't mind that it's on Adult Swim. 12 oz. Mouse and Squid Billies? THOSE I just want burned off the airwaves. It's a travisty that those horrible toons are on national television. I've seen web toons made by a single guy that are much better than those two horrible shows.
    Xenos

This Is My Member Title TheSaltedSuperman's Avatar

Thank God I'm not the only one who thinks this show is utter crap. Same thing for 12 Oz Mouse and Squidbillies. How those are still on the air boggles the mind. BOGGLES!

Slightly Curved Member Azrael52's Avatar

Is it even worse than Wondershozen?
    Please, check out my blog: Nothing to See Here http://www.raymondmasters.wordpress.com

Look me up on Twitter: @Azrael52

I ONLY watch Adult Swim for Venture Bros and Robot Chicken.

Tom goes to the Mayor is shite.

Fortunately I have never seen 12 oz Mouse or Squidbillys. I was smart enough to stay away from them. The commercials for Tom Goes to the Mayor fooled me, however.

I ONLY watch Adult Swim for Venture Bros and Robot Chicken.
    '
    I would say that most of their anime is pretty good. I love Samurai Champloo.

On a throne atop a mountain of lesser men.

I love William Street's work. "Sealab 2021," "Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law," "Aqua Teen Hunger Force," "The Brak Show," and especially "Space Ghost Coast to Coast," which was one of my favorite shows as a teenager. They made an art out of producing hilarious shows on the lowest budget imaginable. Part of why "Space Ghost C2C" and "Sealab" were so funny was because they reused parts of the old cartoons and dubbed over them with some ridiculous shit.

Some of their original shows are crap, though. I doubt I'll ever like "12oz Mouse," and "Squidbillies" is only passingly funny at best. It even took "Tom Goes to the Mayor" a while to grow on me, but it did. They're getting much better at producing original work, though. After "Aqua Teen Hunger Force," they never did much better than that, but recently they've nailed some really hilarious angles with "Robot Chicken" and "Moral Orel." And "Metalocalypse" is quickly becoming almost a fun to watch as "Venture Bros."
    Go !@#$ yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Zodiac
    I love William Street's work. "Sealab 2021," "Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law," "Aqua Teen Hunger Force," "The Brak Show," and especially "Space Ghost Coast to Coast," which was one of my favorite shows as a teenager.
    I liked all these shows too, some better than others. But just seeing commercials for Tom Goes to the Mayor makes me die a little bit inside.

I've watched a hanful of episodes and all I remember is a big bird coming out of a toilet or something. I liked that because it was so bizarre to me, but the rest of what I've seen isn't very good.

12 OZ MOUSE worked for one episode, but doesn't need a series.