Default CBR Forums Users Guidelines and FAQ

Welcome to the Comic Book Resources Forums, the largest independent set of comic book forums on the entire World Wide Web! Things are generally pretty relaxed around here but there are some guidelines and expectations that you, as a user of the Forums, should be aware of.

Please keep in mind that these are guidelines and that the CBR Forums do not play by any hard and fast rules. Moderator discretion always applies and their decisions are final.

User avatars may be 80x80 pixels and up to 20kb in size, whether animated or not. Accepted file formats for avatars are jpg and gif.
    The content of avatars should be kept to a PG-13 and work-place safe rating. If an avatar is deemed inappropriate by a member of the moderating team then further action may take place, depending on the exact content. This may range from a request to change the avatar to immediate replacement of the avatar by a member of the administration and a ban being issued (graphic content only).

Changing Account/User Name
    Forum members may make a request to have their account or user name changed. However, it will only change to something that resembles a real name. As a general preference, the CBR Forums encourages the use of real names. Name change requests may be placed in the appropriate thread.

Copyrighted Material
    To offset any possible legal concerns, Forum members must keep copyright issues in mind during their time at the CBR Forums. No more than three pages of any given issue should be posted at any one time (which should be plenty for review purposes). The posting of links to or about illegally shared comic book content is not allowed.

General Behaviour
    All forum members are expected to remain civil to each other at all times. Insults will not be tolerated; likewise a certain standard of conversation will be expected. Under no circumstances should any user issue a threat to another forum member. How you say something can matter as much as the content of your posts; you are more than welcome to disagree with anyone else but you must communicate your opinion in a civil and hospitable manner. Flaming, trolling or other such behaviour will not be tolerated.

Moderators
    Moderators come from upstanding and knowledgeable forum members of the CBR Community. It is their role to keep the Forums as a whole running smoothly. Parts of this include keeping discussion flowing, removing inappropriate content and settling disputes. Forum members are expected to remain civil to members of the Moderating team at all times in the same way they are expected to remain civil to each other (cut them a break, they don’t get paid for keeping things running and they’re a nice bunch of people!).

Multiple Accounts
    Forum members should only keep one account at any given time; multiple accounts are heavily frowned upon. The Moderating team may merge or ban multiple accounts without warning.

Signatures
    Signatures may consist of text but not images. Please make your signatures relatively small and unobtrusive; likewise the content should be made up of material of a PG-13/work-place safe nature. Inappropriate signatures may be modified or deleted without notice.

Spamming
    Selling items or linking to auctions with the intent of profit (including but not exclusive to eBay) are not permitted. There is a trading thread on the Community Board if you wish to swap items but monetary exchanges are not allowed.

Can we have a sports forum?
    The short answer is ‘no’. The longer answer is that sports discussion is quite suitable for the community board and so if you wish to discussion your favourite sport or team then you are more than welcome to do so there.

What sort of questions is the Q&A Board for?
    The CBR Q&A Forum is intended for questions relating to use of the CBR Forums and its many features. Threads asking about where to find certain comics, stores, etc are much better suited to other boards. The Q&A Board is not for raising specific policy matters or to make complaints on – those matters should be raised via e-mail.

How do I use a .CBR File?
    The .cbr format of file is generally used in the illegal distribution of copyrighted material (usually scanned comic books) and is not supported by CBR in any way. Requests for this sort of information will be deleted and the user may be banned if requests continue.

Can you delete my Forums account?
    Unless there's an extremely good reason we will not be deleting anyone's account on request. If you no longer wish to visit these forums, that's fine but there's no need for your account to be deleted - after all, you may just come back next week.

How do I become a Moderator?
    If a Moderator position becomes vacant then there are generally two options for the existing Moderators to take. The position may be publicly advertised for any interested forum members to express interest in – the existing Moderators then consider those candidates and finally decide on the most suitable. Alternatively, the Moderators may draw up their own list of candidates and offer the vacant position to a person of their own choosing.

I have a complaint to make about a Moderator. What do I do?
    If you have a dispute with a Moderator which you have been unable to solve, then it is recommended that you send an email, including all details surrounding the dispute, to forums@comicbookresources.com. The administration staff will then look into the matter.

What do I do if I believe I have been unjustly banned from the CBR Forums?
    Send an e-mail to forums@comicbookresources.com with all the details about the banning and the administration staff will consider the matter.

I registered but can not seem to make any posts or start any threads. What is going on?
    The registration process sends an email to the email address you typed in to the registration form. This email contains a link that you must click on for your account to be fully activated so you can make posts and so on. If you do not click on this link, your account exists and you can log into it but you will be unable to make posts. Double check your junk email folders for this confirmation email as some system classify it as junk mail.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"

I've registered but I can not use Private Messages or make a signature. Why not?

As a measure to cut down on the amount of spam, certain measures have been taken. Users with less than twenty (20) posts are unable to use the following features:
    • Private Messaging
    • Profile Messaging
    • Signatures
    • Editing Profile

Please note that even after you reach twenty posts, it may take the VBulletin software anything up to an hour to enable these features.
    Last edited by Brandon Hanvey; 10-18-2011 at 10:36 AM.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"