Default Little Miss Sunshine was an excellent film

I loved it. It was sweet, and funny, and just damn good. Heres a trailer if you havent seen it
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_se...er-medium.html

I'm still waiting for it to come to town, I've been looking forward to it for awhile!

Quote Originally Posted by Johhny Blame
    I loved it. It was sweet, and funny, and just damn good. Heres a trailer if you havent seen it
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_se...er-medium.html
    How would you describe the humor? I hate movies that are advertized as comedies, but end up being so dry you could start a fire. I know Steve Carrell is in it, but the previews make it look like this is his shot at an actuall acting carreer.

Hmmm... it was clever, but not really clever. The characters sort of just bounce of each other, there all very different. Most of the human wasnt really laugh out loud funny but one scene near the end had me laughing the whole time. It was crazy.

You said this movie was excellent..............and I second that opinion.
    It was great! One of my favorite films of the year.

I loved the movie. The funny parts were funny. Some hilariously so. But it's in no way a slapstick film. The heartwarming parts are often kind of serious but also pretty funny, though they don't come across as tongue-in-cheek.

Carrell was good, but definitely not even close to being what made the movie funny. In fact he was usually, intentionally, NOT the focus of humor. Though he did have some humorous parts.

It wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped, but still worth seeing.

Cay
    For-Real-True is only true now.

Story-True is true forever.

-Lizzie Hexam "The Unwritten"

A handful of people posting here, are the ONLY negative comments I've run across for this film. Earlier today, the woman cutting my hair was talking about how funny and great it was, to which I whole-heartedly agree!

Civilly disobeying the law of gravity.

I loved this movie! It was really well put together. Every scene led to the movie culminating in a scene that was funny, and very moving at the same time. I was literally vacillating between crying because I was laughing, and tearing up because it was a very moving moment. There was one plot point that I thought was a little over the top, but I realize it was in there to send the characters to the point of the final scene. Overall, it was fantastic, and immediately made my list of all time favorite movies.

Where the Highway Ends and the Desert Breaks

Funniest movie I've seen in YEARS! I was laughing so hard my stomach hurt. The casting was absolutely perfect.

LMS reminded me of Arrested Development, if you like that sort of humor. Thank god for the indie theatre down the street, otherwise I never would've seen this movie.

5 thumbs up :)
    "Everybody, sooner or later, sits down to a banquet of consequences." - Robert Louis Stevenson

I really liked this film. It kinda reminded me of The Royal Tennenbaum's and Garden State for some reason.

Veteran Member Spackling Compound's Avatar

Finally saw it last night.
    Really liked it much better than I thought I would.

Carrell was good in it but he, as noted, wasn't the center of it all.

I thought the characters were each fun and complex. Worth ONE movie but I'm not really interested in seeing them again.
    The little girl was very good.

The only thing I thought was a little too over-the-top was the grandfather character.
    Spoiler:The over use of sexual references and the final scene with the kid doing a strip tease were just falling into Fox TV territory. The movie could have done without his preoccupation with "fucking" and saying "fucking". What a waste of a perfectly good Arkin.
    Spack, I don't agree with you on much, and I rather think you're something of a dick, but you are occasionally funny as hell. Jeffrey W.Kramer
    “Those stories do what superheroes do best - they save you." Tom Batuik on Superman comics.

I hated it.

I found the plot to be predictable, the characters to be one-dimensional and incomplete, and the tone entirely inconsistent. Why would you make Greg Kinnear's character the main focus, when he's intentionally obnoxious? Steve Carell's character's main climax scene, running into the crush and rival at the gas station, should have been monumental for the character and caused change, or at least a reaction. But, instead he just shrugs it off. Sure, it's not like this is what drove him to suicide before or anything. Also Toni Colette is completely wasted in this movie, as, once the trek begins, she does almost nothing. They never follow up on her secret smoking plot, either. The brother is annoying and the Nietzche-thing reeks of film school gimmicky-ness.

The most enjoyable character was the grandpa, and they killed him off halfway through.

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

I enjoyed it. It was a pretty good, funny movie until the last half hour, where it really got a lot funnier. Good times...

Not as good as the buzz made it out to be, though I laughed at all the right moments.

Excellent performance from the kid. Killing the grandad off midway made it much less compelling.

Borat was much more entertaining.
    The two most powerful warriors are patience and time - Leo Tolstoy