Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WMAC Masters?

Default WMAC Masters?

Did anyone used to watch this show? Am I alone, or was it some serious Martial Arts Demonstration goodness with a hokey, yet fun competition storyline wrapped around it? And let us not forget Shannon Lee in the first season as the host.

Parts Unknown, a suburb at the edge of INSANITY

I watched the show. Yep, hokey is a good word for it. Being a martial artist, I was really glad to see the arts get a weekly stage to show the world how good it was.

All the artists had to pull the punches because as fast and powerful as these could have been done the guys would all have been on injured reserve. It was in my opinion too shortlived. It was filmed in Universal Studios in Orlando.

Watched this show religiously when I was younger and it was nice to see the various styles. It always frustrated me that the show ended on a cliffhanger though.
    "I am a man of peace."
    "A man of peace who fights like ten tigers."

it was power rangers meets wwe, except not as good as either.

I watched it when I could. Luckily, or unluckily depending on your point of view, I saw the last few episodes where the story was just about to get really interesting. Tsunami going bad...who would've thought...

True heavyweight wrassler Jeremy A. Patterson's Avatar

Thumbs up

If any of you got tapes of this program, I am sure that one of my friends, EstraGand can use them in his site for review. E-Mail to: feedback@estragand.com

J.A.P.

Smile Attn: Phil Clark, The Punished, Tien Long, Taltos, & JustinPJ!

Thanks to all of you, the show WMAC Masters has a bit of rememberance in the forums. And Talto's comparing of the show to WWE led me to tell you something: Estragand allows reviews of fighting/wrestling circuits like WMAC Masters to go on his site. Can I give you the e-mail address for all of you to send the reviews to?

That might mean that there are followings for obscure & forgotten fighting/wrestling circuits like WOW:Women of Wrestling (The all-girl wresting circuit circa-1999 or 2000) & Lone Star Wrestling, both of them I watched on TV for a few months in 1999!

Thanks;

J.A.P.

aka Encyclopedia Brown BoosterBronze's Avatar

Akeem "The Machine", Olympus, Red Dragon, Tsunami... and the wicked Pak Brothers, Superstar and Warlock!

i LOVED that show.
    Currently playing as Encyclopedia Brown in the Traitor Game!

Default Wmac

I remember watching this show but don't remember much about it. Are there any websites with recaps and fighter bios for WMAC?

Yeah I loved that show. I was really upset when they cancelled it on the cliffhanger. Great Wolf and Tiger Claw never got enough respect though.

And was it just me or did "The Machine" look awesome everytime they showed him on that throne overlooking the final matches?

Red face

WMAC Masters may have led the way to UFC & PRIDE getting mainstream TV exposure!

J.A.P.

Thumbs up

There are more developments in the impact of WMAC Masters in the mainstream acceptance of MMA on broadcast television: My Network Television had aired IFL Battleground from the January of 2007 to the February of 2008! That is a good move for MMA!

J.A.P.

I watched that show nonstop up till it got cancelled. I agree with the majority that I was annoyed that it got cancelled during a cliffhanger.

Tsunami going rogue was a interesting plot twist and I would have liked to see how that whole story would have turned out.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy A. Patterson View Post
    WMAC Masters may have led the way to UFC & PRIDE getting mainstream TV exposure!

J.A.P.
    This had nothing to do with MMA getting mainstream exposure. The Ultimate Fighter season 1 and the finale fight between Stephen Bonnar and Forrest Griffin had everything to do with MMA going mainstream, not some fake martial arts show that was syndicated and barely seen by enough people to even be remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I watched that show nonstop up till it got cancelled. I agree with the majority that I was annoyed that it got cancelled during a cliffhanger.

Tsunami going rogue was a interesting plot twist and I would have liked to see how that whole story would have turned out.
    Finding out that Tsunami went rogue completely caught me off guard. I was VERY surprised by that revelation. For a Saturday morning TV show, there were some interesting storylines, especially during the second season with the appearance of Jukido.

On another note, though I was a fan of the practitioners of the Chinese Martial Arts when I was younger, watching it over again, I've come to like all the various arts there were represented.
    "I am a man of peace."
    "A man of peace who fights like ten tigers."