Default Druid Mini-series

Does anyone remember the Druid comic ? Am I the only person in the world that likes this character , lol . Doctor Druid did a 360 and became a bad ass mofo with better powers and a new look . This comic was supposed to go on for a year but got axed after 4 issues . Marvel says that it's fans werent ready for an intelligent horror comic .

Unfortunately issue 4 was kinda rushed ( they had to hurry up and end it ) and they made druid die like a wuss . He was betrayed by his lover , Nekra ,who shot him point blank in the head . Then hellstorm was summoned and he set druid's body on fire ... putting his ashes in a garbage can in a back alley , : (

I became a big fan of his during the infinity gauntlet. It was neat no longer showing him as some old bald guy. He really started to show how effective a sorceror he was. My favorite issue of his though have to be the Secret Defenders ones before they knew they had to cancel the book and then went and turned him evil and psychotic. I also dug his new look. I really thought that move set the character back alot. All I can say is I'm a Damon fan also so at least he let him go out in style.

Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.

Quote Originally Posted by drwho
    I became a big fan of his during the infinity gauntlet. It was neat no longer showing him as some old bald guy. He really started to show how effective a sorceror he was. My favorite issue of his though have to be the Secret Defenders ones before they knew they had to cancel the book and then went and turned him evil and psychotic. I also dug his new look. I really thought that move set the character back alot. All I can say is I'm a Damon fan also so at least he let him go out in style.

I literally just walked in the door comi'n back from the comic shop . I just picked up that very issue that you just put up !! lol . Yeah the secret defenders looks pretty cool . Just got # 15 - 17 so i'll prolly get the rest of em up to # 25 . Where is he featured in the infinity guantlet ? Gotta get those too .

I really liked the Ellis/Manco Druid, even though I was convinced that "Warren Ellis" was a pseudonym for 2000AD writer John Smith, a guy who has never really broken into the American market despite a few great trys, like Vertigo's Scarab, a similarly themed series that also seemed to retroactively become a mini. Of course, I was wrong, and Ellis has become one of the most influential writers around. I really wish that Mavel would put out one of those nice hardcovers of Ellis' Hellstorm and Druid runs, especially since there's a new Hellstorm series coming in the fall.

bump... necroed thread

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

I liked the DRUID mini, but I liked it more for Ellis's work than the character himself.
    Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    I liked the DRUID mini, but I liked it more for Ellis's work than the character himself.
    yeah, I missed the comic-con in chicago, but I wanted to attend so I could try to get Ellis to sign my copy of Druid #1. I wonder what his reaction would have been, like has anybody ever brought that to him before ? lol. I bet that would have been somewhat unique. I hope he's there next year.