Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    True heavyweight wrassler Jeremy A. Patterson's Avatar

Default Is TEENick Fading Into Oblivion?

There have been rumors that UPN is not the only line of shows in the Viacom stable to get the axe. It seems that TEENick is very close to being axed as well!

It started a few years back as a line with potential. Unfortunately, the potential was wasted as fast as the line started: It started to drop great shows as The Secret World of Alex Mack, The Tomorrow People, The Journey of Allen Strange, The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo, Space Cases, Kenan & Kel, & The Brothers Garcia in favor of more idiotic Archie-style slapstick shows. They drop the Nick Video Picks, which spotlights cool music videos. They give the few Nicktoons placed on the line-up short shifts (The only one worth noting was the great My Life As A Teen-Age Robot). They occaisionally air bad movies. They drop reruns of former broadcast shows like Clueless, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Full House, & Sabrina, The Teen-Age Witch as soon as they start airing them. There are very little licensing spin-offs of these shows! And the commercials are mostly for stuff that most teen-agers had outgrown!

The beginning of the end of TEENick was in the beginning of this year. In February, Nickelodeon decided to drop several of their shows. TEENick was affected very little. Most of the caualties were some of the lesser Nicktoons (Including one former TEENick show, My Life As A Teen-Age Robot.) Some executives saved both As Told By Ginger & 6Teen by placing them in the TEENick Sunday line-up. (If the two were not transferred to TEENick, they would have shared the same fate as ChalkZone & Super Duper Sumos: They would not find any time slot on the Nickelodeon line-up or on the NickToons channel!) TEENick had been affected in one way: It lost the post-SpongeBob Monday thru Thursday 8:30/7:30 PM Central time slot to reruns of All Grown Up (Which was a lame show to begin with!)

I have run out of time today, so tune in some time this week for the end of season casualties & what we can do to save the TEENick line-up!

Jeremy A. Patterson.

To be honest I always thought of Nick as a little kids channel and when I became a teen I didnt bother watching them. Growing up though I did enjoy Count Duckula, Danger Mouse, You cant do that on television, and The Cities of Gold. Now as an adult every once in a while Ill watch spongebob which is pretty funny.
    Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.

Isnt "The N" basically 24 hour teennick? I mean, dont they show the same shows?

Default Re: Dr. Who

Now I wonder why nobody talks about any of the TEENick shows here!

J.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy A. Patterson
    There have been rumors that UPN is not the only line of shows in the Viacom stable to get the axe. It seems that TEENick is very close to being axed as well!

It started a few years back as a line with potential. Unfortunately, the potential was wasted as fast as the line started: It started to drop great shows as The Secret World of Alex Mack, The Tomorrow People, The Journey of Allen Strange, The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo, Space Cases, Kenan & Kel, & The Brothers Garcia in favor of more idiotic Archie-style slapstick shows. They drop the Nick Video Picks, which spotlights cool music videos. They give the few Nicktoons placed on the line-up short shifts (The only one worth noting was the great My Life As A Teen-Age Robot). They occaisionally air bad movies. They drop reruns of former broadcast shows like Clueless, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Full House, & Sabrina, The Teen-Age Witch as soon as they start airing them. There are very little licensing spin-offs of these shows! And the commercials are mostly for stuff that most teen-agers had outgrown!

The beginning of the end of TEENick was in the beginning of this year. In February, Nickelodeon decided to drop several of their shows. TEENick was affected very little. Most of the caualties were some of the lesser Nicktoons (Including one former TEENick show, My Life As A Teen-Age Robot.) Some executives saved both As Told By Ginger & 6Teen by placing them in the TEENick Sunday line-up. (If the two were not transferred to TEENick, they would have shared the same fate as ChalkZone & Super Duper Sumos: They would not find any time slot on the Nickelodeon line-up or on the NickToons channel!) TEENick had been affected in one way: It lost the post-SpongeBob Monday thru Thursday 8:30/7:30 PM Central time slot to reruns of All Grown Up (Which was a lame show to begin with!)

I have run out of time today, so tune in some time this week for the end of season casualties & what we can do to save the TEENick line-up!

Jeremy A. Patterson.

I feel your pain but I dont feel like they care. I'm not sure what their deal is. There is definitely too much slap stick comedy going on now which basically boils down to a character triping over something and falling down. I swear everytime I see a Hilary Duff or Lindsay Lohan movie trailer, theres a scene like that. One would also think Nick would have more varied programming since they have like 5 different cable channels now. Space Cases was my absolute fave show. Did it ever have an ending to the story? Kenan and Kel was good also. Come to think of it so was Are you Afraid of the Dark and All That. All That use to be so funny but the Britney Spears sister version is really awful. It's sad. oh p.s. Alex Mack and the Tomorrow People rocked!!!
    The Burger King bows to Ugoff!

Love MI-5, Chelsea Lately, Burn Notice, Doctor Who and many more

http://www.koolavatar.com/avatars/ve...vehicles18.jpg

Allen Strange, Alex Mack, Kenan&Kel, they all bring back wonderful memories.
    The power to destroy planets is insignificant to the power to turn one into a muffin. -Xombie

Ninja and Pirate are the balancing fundamental forces in the universe. At the big bang, there was but one Pirinja, but he was split infinitly and scattered across the cosmos. When all are rejoined, the universe will end and a new one shall be made from its ashes. -Captain Sarcasm

Is TEENick Fading Into Oblivion?
    One can only hope. The inaneness of it all should have caught up with itself by now.

I like Drake and Josh, but thats about it. I wouldn't mind if they got axed.

Green Mist of Death Young Avenger's Avatar

It faded into oblivion when it was Snick was renamed TEENick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian K. Vaughan
    Thanks. I don't know. I'm no Stan Lee, but I definitely know how to steal from him. Stan was the one who realized that great comics have nothing to do with powers, costumes, or continuity, and everything to do with using these heroes as timeless metaphors for something meaningful about our real lives.
    Quoted for truth

Help Save Ant-Man

Arrow Re: Captain Awesome

The N is not a 24-hour station. It shares a line-up with Noggin, a station that is analogous to Nick Jr. The N is on from 6 PM (5 PM Central) to 6 AM (5 AM Central).

Unlike Noggin, which mostly has the same shows as Nick Jr., The N has an entirely different line of shows:

* Three original shows: Degrassi: The New Generation, Instant Star, & the new Whistler!

* Music Videos

* Degrassi: Old School (Reruns of the PBS Degrassi.)

* And reruns of four former network shows: Clueless, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Moesha, & the live-action Sabrina, The Teen-Age Witch show!

Plus, reruns of the classic MTV animated series Daria!

Only one show is currently on the line-up of Nickelodeon proper: The Fresh Prince (on Nick At Nite!)

For More on The N, go to www.the-n.com

J.A.P.

Thumbs up Re: Ugoff

There are good news for you, Ugoff: Nickelodeon had dropped All That from their line-up because the publc agreed with you about the Jamie Lynn Spears episodes they aired last season: More people liked the Kel Mitchell/Kenan Thompson-Era episodes over the recent ones with Jamie Lynn Spears!

There are also bad news for most of you: Nickelodeon also dropped the two animated show recently on TEENick, As Told By Ginger & 6Teen, in the same axing. That is a bad move, due to the fact that there are no other nick channels for the two of them to go!

I hope that TEENick includes at least one animated show on its line-up this fall. It can include the two shows they dropped in the last few months, or even My Life As A Teen-Age Robot (A show that I liked so much that deserves another chance to make it on the air!)! You can write a series of e-mails regarding this turn of events by e-mailing to: teenick@nick.com

J.A.P.

Now I wonder why nobody talks about any of the TEENick shows here!

J.A.P.
    Oh, I have a few guesses.

Post Re: Ugoff & Donald M.

There is a great discussion of the decline & fall of All That in the 'Great Sketch Comedy Shows That Ended With A Whimper' thread!

I am glad that TEENick axed the show in the past few months!

J.A.P.

Lightbulb Re: Donald M.

I think the two guesses are:

*Most of the current shows are lame.

*They do not have any animated shows on the current line-up (I hope they have an animated show on their line-up this fall!)

J.A.P.

Venomous Female Tish-the-Scorpion's Avatar

Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide is actually funny.i mean its SERIOUSLY funny.i catch the reruns by accident and thought it was funny as all hell.
    Okay, before this thread this is what I knew about Tish, zip, zero, nada.
    I now know that Tish is a heavily armed, black, bi-sexual, truck driving woman who likes going to the clubs.
    I don't think I learned this much about Tom in six months let alone one post. - Boldido

I'm begining to like Tish more and more, that's what I know. - cable guy

"We were forced to build America, and if forced to, we will tear it down." Huey P. Newton