Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by Jared
    Yeah it is pretty well made, though would have preferred the first trailer not start right off with the recognizable theme. Maybe you just hear a crowd roaring, then it gradaully becomes clear that they're a chant of "Rock-y, Rock-y!"

Anyway, it's also a nice X-Box 360 commercial.
    I dunno, kind of kills the whole thematic thing with Rock being a bum now. Besides, like you don't know what you're getting into the minute Conti's Gonna Fly Now kicks in.

And yeah, I thought the same thing about the 360. Well, I was thinking about it more in terms of EA Fight Night, but yeah.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Cheering the apocalypse DWEarhart's Avatar

I nearly laughed when I heard about Rocky 6. Then, Sly was going to write and direct, and he did the same with part 2, so I reserved my judgement.

After watching this trailer, I need to see this movie. I really liked the dialogue from the teaser, but this trailer shows that he knows what year, and what typr of tecno-reliant age we're living in.

I can't wait.
    For what's on my mind: Destination Yes (back with a vengeance)

"Opinions, assholes, and elbows..."

"The internet is the greatest invention for schizophrenics everywhere." - DWEarhart

"Well that was back in the day, and if you weren't there, it doesn't matter anyway because you wouldn't understand." - Megadeth.

"You need people like me. We do the jobs you :rolleyes: morally significant refuse to do."

I sense this film will have train-wreck viewing potential.

My first thought at seeing this thread:

"JANET!!!"
    "BRAD!!!"
    "JANET!!!"
    "DR. SCOTT!!!"
    "ROCKY!!!"
    "..."

Yeah, I'm weird.

Its wonderful to see that Rocky still hasn't lost his ability to block incredibly hard punches with his face.

I do agree that the trailer was pretty well made.

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

I saw the trailer yesterday and I'm very interested in seeing this in theater.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

With my schedule I have precious little time to see any movies in the theater anymore. This is one I would like to if I get the chance, but more than likely I won't see it until it hits video. But it does look pretty interesting, and the concept of a computer simulation sparking a real fight... how cool an idea is that? Go Rocky.

I really hope the movie doesn't start out sticking to close to where Rocky was at the end of V. The idea that he'd be so poor that he'd be back to his old job is ridiculous, even if the unseen lawyer/accountant made off with every dime he had in the bank. He's Rocky Balboa, the guy who won the biggest sporting event in history! Companies would have been parking truckloads of money on his lawn to get him to do endorsments.

It's well known that Apollo Creed was inspired by Muhammed Ali, so any thoughts of who Mason "The Line" Dixon might be, if anyone?
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

It looks like a mix of Superman Returns and Talladega Nights. Does that make sense? Probably not, but its still true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared
    I really hope the movie doesn't start out sticking to close to where Rocky was at the end of V. The idea that he'd be so poor that he'd be back to his old job is ridiculous, even if the unseen lawyer/accountant made off with every dime he had in the bank. He's Rocky Balboa, the guy who won the biggest sporting event in history! Companies would have been parking truckloads of money on his lawn to get him to do endorsments.

It's well known that Apollo Creed was inspired by Muhammed Ali, so any thoughts of who Mason "The Line" Dixon might be, if anyone?
    Because a fighter has never lost all his money before.

Except, you know, Mike Tyson, Joe Louis, Foreman before he got back into boxing again, Riddick Bowe I think was trying to get into the Marines at one point... just because Ali and Holyfield managed to hang on to their cash, doesn't mean everyone else did.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

-Expletive Deleted

You know, I loved Rocky. So-So on Rocky II. Liked Rocky III. Think Rocky IV was instrumental in winning the Cold War. And, actually don't mind Rocky V. When I heard they were making a new one...I wasn't enthused. Yet, I saw this trailer....and man, that is one well made trailer. It's got me interested. I would like to see this movie. I think it's got potential.

And, I've never seen Stallone so comfortable acting. It's like Sly's acting career is what this movie is about.

I don't know if anybody likes AICN. I really don't because it just seems so negative, from the stories down to the posters. But, somebody actually had a good post there the other day. It said that basically, in the 80's, when a lot of us were kicking around, and being formed....we treated guys like Sly, Arnie, Van Damme, Seagal, and Chuck like GODS. Then, tastes matured, we grew older, and we almost villified these guys. I mean, most people spit venom at everyone of the guys, or they've turned Chuck Norris into some kind of freak show. (And this interent fantasy of Chuck Norris is nothing more than a cruel joke....like making fun of the "retard" kid, but watching him laugh and making you feel okay that you are clickin on him.)

Basically, it said, yeah, maybe these guys weren't A-list talent wise...but entertainment wise...these guys delivered in some great way that we don't know why. Maybe it's time we give these guys some respect, and not dog them. There was some simple way they entertained us, and maybe we should try to find that again. I'm sure I'll get roasted and blasted for the statement, but, there is some smoke to that statement's fire.
    We'd like to wish EZMOHR all the best in his future....ah forget it.

Stallone might have even had A-list talent wise. Keep in mind, dude won the Academy Award. It's just it was way easier, both in terms of pathos, and on the pocketbook, for him to become a megastar than a good actor.

What's funny is, you can even see it in his later pictures. Go watch First Blood. The first one, not the second. It's hard to watch now without the second movie in your head, just because it turned Rambo into such a cultural icon. But there was some genuine acting in the first movie, at least at the beginning and the end.

But like I said, one way or the other, that was really one well put together trailer.

-Expletive Deleted

It actually looks like it might work for the same reason the original did. Rocky's almost certainly not gonna win, but you want to see if he can hold his own, want to believe he MIGHT have a shot. If Sly actually wanted to do this, and puts the effort in, it might not be half bad.

Default Ironic

I find it ironic that Antoinio "Magic Mouth" Tarver aka Mason Dixon is going to once again get his ass handed to him by an old man:D .
    Last edited by Jamal; 07-12-2006 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal
    I find it ironic that Antoinio "Magic Mouth" Traver aka Mason Dixon is going to once again get his ass handed to him by an old man:D .
    Foreman did it. Granted, Foreman was 15 years younger than Stallone when he took back the title.

-Expletive Deleted

I was talking about the whippin' Tarver took from Bernard Hopkins ( 41 years old ) last month. Talk about an ass kicking, he didn't even win one round.:evilsmile