View Poll Results: What was your opinion on Electric Blue Superman, and would you still buy it?

Voters
137. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • I loved it, of course I would buy it!!!

30 21.90%
  • It was ok, I might buy a few. But only because I love Superman.

41 29.93%
  • I hated it!! It was the worst crap I have ever read!!

46 33.58%
  • I'M on the fence, I neither liked it or disliked it.

33 24.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Electric Blue Superman???

I have been wondering this for a long time. People seem to be mixed on what they think about it. I was wondering what people thought of the 1997 era when Superman lost his powers and got new powers of pure electricity in return. Of course a new all blue suit as well. Now I am something of a Superman Blue expert so if you have questions for me let me know. When I have asked people before about this it has gone two directions. You either hated it and ignored Superman for a year, OR you didnt care becasue you are a diehard Superman fan and even though it was weird you still kept reading. Spill your thoughts!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sup-blue.jpg   NewSuperman2.jpg  
    Last edited by nightscream; 07-03-2006 at 05:00 PM.

Superman Blue was about the most retarded thing to occur in comics, and should have been erased from all thought forever.

It was really fun watching him get confused about his powers. The costume was neat, too.

Superman blue was one of the few times I bought supes since I usually buy only for big events because normal he is so boring.
    Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.

I didn't like the costume, but I didn't mind the idea and I thought some of the stories from the era were okay.

I liked his appearances in JLA.

The costume could have been great. It was so close. If I had any skills, I'd edit it, but I don't.

Basically, get rid of the silly headgear and the blue hair/skin, and it would be a great costume.

When Morrison wrote him in JLA he was SUPERMAN, whatever the powers or costume.
    Slayven ftw.

"Looksky! Birdplane!"

I hypertimed out of comics in the 90's. Was this electric blue superman in anyway related to ......

The Amazing Story of Superman-Red and Superman-Blue (Superman #162, July 1963) A "Brain Evolution Machine" splits Superman into two- and they both have mental powers 100x highter than the original! A three-parter.

was there a superman red?

Quote Originally Posted by astronato
    I hypertimed out of comics in the 90's. Was this electric blue superman in anyway related to ......

The Amazing Story of Superman-Red and Superman-Blue (Superman #162, July 1963) A "Brain Evolution Machine" splits Superman into two- and they both have mental powers 100x highter than the original! A three-parter.

was there a superman red?
    There was a Superman Red, as well as Superman Red and Superman Blue Comics. The majority of them were soley Superman in his Blue suit. The suit was made to contain his powers and allow him to stay in phase with his universe. The 1963 version is not what this thread is reffering to. It was a story line based from 1997 to early 1998. So no to the 100x highter than the original. If you want to know the entire reasoning behind the blue electic suit, let me know.

I think the electric blue Superman gets a bad rap. It was actually a very cool costume but it wasn't Superman. If it were a new character it could have worked. I also think it is evidence that you don't change the costume for all those whiners who complain about the trunks. Look at how people were in an uproar over the minor changes that Singer made!

thanks for the info

actually I just went and checked. There is a Superman Blue story in the Superman vs Lex Luthor trade I bought recently. I haven't read it yet but it is a cool costume design.

I've been buying a lot of Superman books this past year because I am a Superman neophyte trying to catch up. I have been trying to buy up the best Super stories. Superman Blue was good?

Quote Originally Posted by nightscream
    If you want to know the entire reasoning behind the blue electic suit, let me know.
    could ya? thanks. what did the red suit do?

Quote Originally Posted by doomworm
    It was really fun watching him get confused about his powers. The costume was neat, too.
    What was even better was his ability to just invent powers/abilities on the fly for no real reason.

Like in rock of ages and dr light was going to wipe them out and was going nuclear on them and poof he is gone and supes was just like "oh I guess I can absorb him. I didnt know that".

Or the "hey Ill kickstart the fuel cells with my powers" and poof said fuel cells work.

It looked interesting but I didn't know what comics or trades to pick up to get the full story.
    Pull List: DC: Aquaman, Batman, Constantine, Justice League Dark, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Green Arrow Marvel: Hawkeye, Uncanny X-Men, Venom, Young Avengers IDW: Crow

The character could have been interesting if they'd made a new character with those powers and used him in new and interesting storylines. Raping Superman, however, was just plain silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellstormer
    It looked interesting but I didn't know what comics or trades to pick up to get the full story.

Look into picking up the Trade Superman Transformed