Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Exclamation Young Avengers #12 *Spoilers*

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! The best book on the stands is back for it's final issue (until the relaunch) - an oh boy, oh, boy is it great!

The New and Young Avengers are fighting the Kree and Skrull together and the issue is full of hilarious dialogue:

Spider-Man is attacked by Skrulls and Stature is lifting him up:

Spidey: Guys! A little help? I'm being skrulled alive over here.

Stature: Don't worry, Spider-Man... I've got your back.

Spidey: Literally. Not to be ungrateful, Cass, but-- can the roof accomodate your mass at that size?

Stature: Oops. Didn't think of that.

Spidey: It's okay. We can't all be hyper-neurotic, recovering science geeks.

Stature: YOU were a geek?

Spidey: That was a joke, right?

Tommy is watching Logan, while he's slashing some Skrull and wonders because "Avengers don't kill", right?
    Logan says that they'll recover... eventually and THEN Tommy goes Splat-Fu! with them Skrull to which logan says:

"You're sick, kid. I like it."

:D :D :D

Then Teddy surrenders and is supposed to stay one half year with the Kree and the other one with the Skrulls. Then he leaves.

But the thing is - it wasn't the real Teddy but the Super Skrull who's now masquerading as Teddy so that Hulkling can stay on Earth (can't beat that nose of Logan, can you?).

And regarding Patriot? Well he's dead.

Naaaa... just kidding. He's saved via blood transfusion with Isaiah's blood and so he's got himself some superpowers.

Oh and Jessica convince Kate to accept the codename and equipment Cap chose for her - Hawkeye.

And you guessed it - Tommy stays on the team, becoming "Speed" (and looking like a green Impulse/Kind Flash).

It's just so
    awesome it's beyond words. I'll can't wait for the new series and I think I'll read the completely series again (and please Marvel: Make one nifty oversized hardcover of this, PLEASE!!!)
    Klatuu... barada *cough* *cough*

|| [comiccover.de] || [marvelarchiv.de] || [comicshop.de] ||

"You can make me bleed
    You can make me cry
    You can make me fall
    You can make me live or die
    And I wonder how
    And you wonder why
    "
    www.tristania.com

(Runs to comic shop)
    Amazing Spider-Man, Future Foundation, Captain America, The Invincible Iron Man, The Mighty Thor, The New Avengers, The Avengers, Batman Inc., Detective Comics, Green Lantern

Excellent issue. I almost got scared at the end when "Teddy" was saying his goodbyes.

Kate Bishop... er I mean Hawkeye(would have liked Huntress better but this rocks too:) ) moments were awesome. Tommy was awesome, especially at the end of the issue.

YAY FOR ELI!!!!!!!!!!!! I hated his character at first, now I don't think it would be the same without him. Interesting how his cover story is being made real now:D

Captain America and Hulkling: "Avengers Assemble" was such an AWESOME scene!!!!!!!!!

Looks like Billy has more control over his powers now which rocks... needs a new name though. I actually wouldn't mind Magik for him but I want Illyanna back so that probably wont happen...

And yeah... I'm done. BILLY/TEDDY 4EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

what an amazing comic i have not disliked a single issue i have read so far

Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Isaacs
    It's just so awesome it's beyond words. I'll can't wait for the new series and I think I'll read the completely series again (and please Marvel: Make one nifty oversized hardcover of this, PLEASE!!!)
    I completely agree. This issue was just amazing--as the whole series has been. Heinberg and Cheung are my heroes, at the moment. They've just got that special synergy--that Millar/Hitch kind of thing. It's great.

The Once And Future Thing starri's Avatar

It's going to be a long wait until the Relaunch.

YA got me back into comics in a big way, and I haven't been disappointed yet.

Cap giving the team his blessing, and giving Kate the mantle of Hawkeye was touching in a way I didn't expect it to be.

Green Mist of Death Young Avenger's Avatar

Excellent finale! This issue reeked of awesomeness! I'm kinda pissed that Sentry was written out of the battle but that's a minor issue. The dialogue between both teams were hilarious especially Spider-Man and Cass. Since Vision is an official Young Avenger know I wonder who will get to keep him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian K. Vaughan
    Thanks. I don't know. I'm no Stan Lee, but I definitely know how to steal from him. Stan was the one who realized that great comics have nothing to do with powers, costumes, or continuity, and everything to do with using these heroes as timeless metaphors for something meaningful about our real lives.
    Quoted for truth

Help Save Ant-Man

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger
    Excellent finale! This issue reeked of awesomeness! I'm kinda pissed that Sentry was written out of the battle but that's a minor issue. The dialogue between both teams were hilarious especially Spider-Man and Cass. Since Vision is an official Young Avenger know I wonder who will get to keep him.
    The Sentry was written out of the issue because he could have ended that conflict by himself with ease. I actually thought it was funny that The Sentry was written out of the fight.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

While I hated the delay, the wrap-up of the first year was worth the wait. Loved every moment of it, and now I can't wait for next year's Young Avengers 2. :)
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

Loved the series and characters, and I liked the layout of this issue - big bsttle splash on the left, smaller character interaction betweenthe YA and the NA on the right. Heinberg writes an amusing Wolverine, and that's an amazing feat. His Spidey is good, too.

Not so fond of the Hawkeye thing, though. Cap gave away his name and bow and arrows? Based on what? If this is set after House of M, then Cap knows he isn't dead, and his codename, his real name and his equipment isn't Cap's to give away. If it's set before House of M, then Wanda isn't really "missing", is she?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyo
    Not so fond of the Hawkeye thing, though. Cap gave away his name and bow and arrows? Based on what? If this is set after House of M, then Cap knows he isn't dead, and his codename, his real name and his equipment isn't Cap's to give away. If it's set before House of M, then Wanda isn't really "missing", is she?
    It's set before House of M. The book has been delayed to hell and back, this finally got us caught up to date. And the Young Avengers we're seeing in Civil War are now caught up to current time. And yes, Wanda would still be missing pre HoM, because Magneto swooped in and scurried her away at the end of Disassembled.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

Definitely a great ending...and beginning.

The splash page art was amazing. Cheung has outdone himself this time. Marvel should make a poster from every spread.

For a fraction of a second, I thought that Teddy was going to pull a Karolina Dean (alien from Runaways who left with her Skrull fiance to keep peace between their two races). Until I remembered that he's a shapeshifting Skrull...duh. The expression in the eyes of Billy was priceless when he thought he would lose Teddy. Cheung's art made it look like tears might start dropping from his pages.

The addition of Tommy will bring some great tension. There is already a love triangle between Tommy, Kate, and Eli. I can't wait to see where it goes.

I hope Season 2 will develop the potential relationship between Vision and Cassie. With the thought patterns of Iron Lad, will Vision fall in love with Cassie?

It was nice to see Teddy being given a chance to grieve for his foster mother. A lot of people have criticized him in the message boards for his lack of concern for her death, ignoring the fact that he was never given a chance.

Now, time to read it again...

Heh, that explains why everyone was so angry at K'lr't at the beginning of Annihilation :P

Know-it-all... really!!! riotgear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arilou
    Heh, that explains why everyone was so angry at K'lr't at the beginning of Annihilation :P
    That's just what I thought. In fact, I posted the question for Andy Schmidt to answer in the Annihilation forum.
    Riotgear's Facebook
    --------------------------------------------------

Young Avengers loses points in my book for using the blood transfusion tactic. Other then that a good book. Perhaps Hulkling will become the new Captain Marvel.
    Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.