Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Fine he manipulates hell lords and the like how much gratification can he possibly get from run of the mill humans.
    Ah, but humans are special. They can choose; they're not bound to story, mythology, history or rote.

That makes everything so much more fun.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    To address the first - she was ahead of both teams, regards intelligence gathering & analysis. She was the first to know the score, and to make her choices based on that. The Teen Brigade had an entire cohort of support staff for gathering / analysis, yet they were behind her every step, even though she also took time out to get into combat and relax. It implies she was way ahead of everyone else in the game.

Secondly, I disagree. In the Point One, Loki is open and level with MAC - he lays it out and makes no bones about what he's suggesting. To me that says he wants people to be in on what he's doing, where the only person uninformed would be Wiccan, and likely by extension Hulkling. Loki's out to recruit the best and brightest young adults in the Marvel Universe, and while she's little known (which, frankly, adds to her attraction as a character for me) the Black Knight would be one of the names on that list.
    What if that female Black Knight was actually Loki under a disguise? That way he could later tell Ultimate Nullifier, making him to pull his gun and blow his own brains with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    What if that female Black Knight was actually Loki under a disguise? That way he could later tell Ultimate Nullifier, making him to pull his gun and blow his own brains with it...
    I'm sorry, are you implying that a character would or should kill themselves if they found out they had a gay or quasi-gay sexual encounter?

Really?
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

I'm sorry, are you implying that a character would or should kill themselves if they found out they had a gay or quasi-gay sexual encounter?

Really?
    I thought it was more this character doesn't like this other character & they rather be dead then have a sexual encounter with disliked character.

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

infernohara, I've been reading Vengeance and thinking again.

I'm still very much pro Coat Of Arms, because I feel the story that could come out of her realising who Loki is could be sublime, but back when KF was touting for additions to the Young Avengers, I said that I'd rather not add anyone for fear of upsetting the dynamic (something Gillen and McKelvie seem to agree with initially) though if I had to pick one person, it would be the Black Knight from Vengeance.

And, honestly, I'm going to stick with that, but I'll also try to explain why.

People should know by now that I'm concerned with character, personality and story - never powers or 'feats' - and all of my comments and decisions are based on that sentiment. It's also why I'll forever rate a book like Gillen's Journey Into Mystery or McKelvie's Suburban Glamour (which you should all read) higher than something like The Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, the JLA or Fantastic Four. So when I see a character who makes an impact on force of personality alone, with very little in the way of background (as most of Vengeance's characters are) I take note.

She recognises that the world isn't monotone. That there's something bigger, something darker out there, that puts the petty concerns of both the heroes and villains of Vengeance into perspective. She's intelligent, and she's driven. She's also smart enough to be scared. Knowing that not everything is solved by simple heroics, and there are rarely just two sides to any issue, she comes across as someone who would be perfect for Loki to recruit. Someone who knows that even though one might work towards the best resolution in any given situation, one has to make difficult choices, and do things because it's the right thing to do, without care or concern for strict moral codes or what the public might think.

But she's also conflicted. She steps away from the conflict and the fight, knowing that she made a poor choice and questioning what she can do in the face of all she knows, and all they've learned.

So while she may be independent and strong, it would be a mistake to pigeon-hole her as being "too similar to MAC and Hawkeye" as others have done when I mentioned her before. There's a lot more than one single archetype when it comes to intelligent, independent, powerful female characters and that's something that, sadly, many of Marvel's core readers seem to miss.

What does she bring to the team? Another layer of mystery. A voice of reason and clarity. An understanding of what's really out there in the larger world.

A huge magical sword.
    AMAZING find. I fully support this addition (but yeah, Coat of Arms would be cool too)
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Problem is that Nullifer's guns neutralize powers, pointing them at Nullifer's non existent brain would have no affect, heck one can stand to reason he's done it before.

Hey guys, I'm ordering the YA poster, any idea what the size looks like? Could someone please find a poster which is the same size? I have this dumbass batman one and I want to remove it becuase someone drew a face behind it on the walls. The batman ones small like A4.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

yeah. and the fact that Ikol was there with him also indicates that it all took place prior to JIM 645 (an issue that shall live in infamy).

what's the story with Ultimate Nullifyer's powers? Are they channeled through his guns, or can anyone take one of his pistols and use it to nullify the powers of others?
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    yeah. and the fact that Ikol was there with him also indicates that it all took place prior to JIM 645 (an issue that shall live in infamy).

what's the story with Ultimate Nullifyer's powers? Are they channeled through his guns, or can anyone take one of his pistols and use it to nullify the powers of others?
    Ikol was there? I can't remember him being there; I have to check the issue...

We have no idea about Ulti's real power source; well, at least I have no idea; I could have missed something or some writer could have revealed something during an interview or in Facebook...

Another great post Lady A! I already knew your thought process was a bit deeper when it comes to characters. Afterall while most characters were worried about what Mockingbird's new powers would be or weren't used, you were talking about whats going on with her personality and her scientist background missing from the Avengers.

I know not of this Black Knight character. I didn't get to read Vengeance since they were showcasing it as some villain deal (like when they put Magneto in it). I thought it was some Maqrvel ploy with more legacy characters being the templates so I just didn't bother. If its in trade I just may have to pick it up because I really have heard great things about it.

Vengeance isn't for everyone - I'm not going to pretend that it is. It's certainly best read all in one sitting, then go have yourself a cup of coffee and a shower before reading it again. Nothing in the book is black & white, yes or no, and honestly the book asks more questions than it answers. But that's its beauty, really. You walk away from the experience not knowing everything, and you're left wondering what other secrets lay hidden behind the pages of Marvel's books.

I am disappointed when people refer to any of the characters involved as 'generic' - they couldn't be more wrong. Even the stereotypes that seem obvious at first are anything but once the layers are peeled back.

I'd recommend Vengeance to anyone with an open mind and no set expectations, though - you'll need both, but it'll be worth it, I think.

Vengeance is an excellent read.
    I've nothing bad to say about it.
    Well, I have one bad thing to say - Magneto gets powned, badly.
    But the fact that I was able to make it through that and go on to really enjoy the book speaks volumes of its quality.
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

Important.

Please don't anyone actually take this seriously.

I wouldn't worry about it.
    it's just Fraction foolin' about.
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

No no no! You shouldn't have posted that. I better block/ignore SD/DB before I have to hear any more "You see Marvel is always killing the characters I like blue blee balh blah blue blee blum".

Otherwise Zombie Kate gets my vote.