Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jessecuster2
    Once was getting "t-boned" at 1:45 am I clearly had the green going about 35 MPH and the guy coming perpendicular ran his red, right into the passenger side of my car. It was totally one of those whole world slowing down for a sec but nothing you could do to stop it. Needless to say those plastic Saturns are actually really tough. Oh and thank god my buddy who had been out with me, went home with someone else.
    Had the same experience as well. Mid afternoon, I get t-boned turning my 4 door Camry into a 2 door Smush! Bastard was DUI and had 3 kids in his car. His car slammed into my and spun out. One kid went flying out, cracking his skull. I came out with a majorly bruised ribcage, even with the seatbeat on. If he hit me any harder and on my side, I wouldn't be typing this.

Other moments:
    - Had a slight heart attack about 3 months ago. Stress from work got to me and other things.
    - Fear of being pulled over at the US/Mexico border for carrying 16 bricks of pot.
    - Chased for 2 miles by some a-holes after I head home from a gay bar. I mean seriously riding my car without hitting it and stopping next to me everyother red light. Glad I drive into the nearest police station. First time I was happy to have law enforcement on my side.
    "If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf."

"I think I'm pregnant."
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X
    "I think I'm pregnant."

That can go either way. But yeah it can be scary if not ready for it.

Quote Originally Posted by meethraa
    Why? What did you do?
    "He tried to steal their oil!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Denial
    When my son was born he was not breathing and the doctors could not get him to breath and told me I had to step outside so they could do their jobs.

Everything turned out fine but I have never been so scared in my life.
    Glad all is good.;)

Quote Originally Posted by lalalei2001
    Mine is when I almost drowned in a swimming pool when I was six.
    That's pretty much mine, too. I don't remember exactly how old I was, but around that age. Someone threw me in a deep pool and I didn't know how to swim yet. I frantically clawed and climbed my way back out. Probably my nearest brush with death, as it was a private party and the pool was crowded so they might not have noticed me for a couple minutes if I hadn't made it to the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanos_6383
    Glad all is good.;)

Thank you!:D

The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

18 wheel fully loaded gasoline truck jacknifing on the highway, completely flattening the hood of the car 10 meters ahead of ours. It cut off road communications with the southeast of Mexico for 8 hours.

To this day, I have no idea why the truck didn't blow up.

I was driving to Greenwich on I-95 when I hit stop and go traffic. I put on the breaks, only to feel the pedal go straight to the floor. If I recall I was doing around 70 in the fast lane and was coming up on the rear bumper of a minivan. That's when the adrenaline took over and I saw an opening across the other two lanes and shot the car through, getting a fender bender in the process. Then came the 30 seconds near the curb trying to stop the car and finding out the emergency break wasn't working either--I finally managed to stop by shifting into neutral.

I later found out that the break lines fell off completely.

I'm going for a moment "post-2000" because anything before that doesn't really count, and the whole year 2000 itself was way too scary but in a way I wouldn't know how to write about here.

-Smoking too much skunk for the first time. (that wasn't the scary part)
    -Parting ways with my friends and suddenly finding myself unable to move like a normal person and realizing that I couldn't keep my arms steady enough to use my bus pass...
    -Not really knowing if that was a natural effect or if something was wrong.
    -Calling the only other person who had smoked as much as I had, but instead of saying something useful she just blowing me off (too busy blowing something else).
    -Meeting some other friends for a movie... trying to act normally while wondering if I was going to get permanent brain damage or something.
    -Paranoia.
    -Paranoia.
    -Paranoia.
    -Drinking more water than ever before in my whole life. Pissing an ocean in just a couple of hours.
    -Spending the night at what was essentially a strangers' house.
    -Waking up every 30 minutes to see if I could already feel the right side of my face.
    -Getting to a production office the other day and smoking some other type of pot with a production student after being reasonably assured that I'd be good as new by the end of the day.
    -Swearing off skunk for the rest of my life.
    P-Man "Does no one remember the NES? Flashing grey screens? Hmmm? Cartridges you had to blow so much that you expected there to be a fifty dollar bill on the nightstand in the morning?"

Wannabe "It worked better if you slightly licked the game. I know it sounds odd, but it works really really well. At least on N64."

Quote Originally Posted by BlairH
    "He tried to steal their oil!"
    You just don't get yourself between iraqis and their erotic massages.
    P-Man "Does no one remember the NES? Flashing grey screens? Hmmm? Cartridges you had to blow so much that you expected there to be a fifty dollar bill on the nightstand in the morning?"

Wannabe "It worked better if you slightly licked the game. I know it sounds odd, but it works really really well. At least on N64."

Big Hairy Member JeffreyWKramer's Avatar

The scariest thing that ever happened to me was a few years ago, when my son was around seven. I was out bike-riding, and he hit a stick in the road and wiped out right in front of me, and before I could stop, I'd already ridden over him, right at his head and neck area. Thankfully, young kids are pretty flexible and resilient, and he'd been wearing a bike helmet. For a second there, I thought I'd killed him, but other than some scrapes and minor cuts, he was fine - I think he was more freaked out by how much I freaked out than he was by the accident or his injuries.
    My Cooking Blog!

KRAMER'S LAWS:
    1) Most people are stupid.
    2) Most people who aren't stupid often behave as if they were stupid.
    3) Many people who are not stupid nonetheless believe a lot of astonishingly stupid things.

“really? isnt the bible millions of years old?” – curefreak
    “Yep. It was originally written by a stegosaurus and a fern.” – Dan Apodaca

The second scariest moment was suddenly remembering while clinging halfway up a cliff I climbed that I don't like heights very much.

The first was having a slippery green frog jump down my shirt about 30 seconds after the second scariest moment.

I hate frogs.
    The end. Applause. Whiskey. Dancing girls. Exit stage left.

Back in college, I lived in the Newport apartment buildings in Jersey City. Once in a while I'd get up on the roof with my camera and take shots of the surrounding area. To get a better shot, I started climbing down the outside of a venthilation duct. The wind picked up pretty fiercely, 34 stories up. I had trouble keeping my grip & balance. I decided that it would be a very stupid way to die, and got the fuck back inside.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Quote Originally Posted by jessecuster2
    And just for the record, Forefinger wins this hands down.
    I think Jeffrey's "I thought I snapped the neck of my child" beats his. MHO, of course.